IGNORED

Transfer window madness

Oh Danny Boy

Derby sign Darren Bent on a 2 year deal along with Alex Pierce from Reading. Not bad as far as free transfers go.

I hope it works out for Darren Bent, he seems to make career choices almost as bad as Fernando Alonso. Red hot at Charlton, surplus at Spurs, great for Sunderland then rapidly out of favour at Villa after a £25m move.

Very good. We sold him for about £1.1m to Burnley a couple of seasons ago to the outrage of most Derby fans. Be thrilled to get him back although with their parachute payments I'm wondering why our first bid of £1.5m was even made public. I'm guessing they'll let him go after a couple more.

He's excellent and considering we don't need to sell him (although he is about to start the last year of his contract) I would be livid if we let him go to a rival. Premier League club, no problem obviously, but to another contender for the Championship? There would be distinct grumblings.

Just had a look at the confirmed transfers. I know it's early but fuck all has been spent so far, the only transfer signings that has a confirmed fee was the Southampton one from Lisbon (forgot the name and I'm on my phone) for 4.7M.

I didn't seem to watch much of Burnley last season, what was Trippier like, any good? I can remember when he was younger he was one of them gems on Football Manager who turned out really good and could be signed for a bargain

EDIT- The player was Cedric Soares

Just had a look at the confirmed transfers. I know it's early but fuck all has been spent so far, the only transfer signings that has a confirmed fee was the Southampton one from Lisbon (forgot the name and I'm on my phone) for 4.7M.

I didn't seem to watch much of Burnley last season, what was Trippier like, any good? I can remember when he was younger he was one of them gems on Football Manager who turned out really good and could be signed for a bargain

EDIT- The player was Cedric Soares

Apparently he completed more successful crosses than any player in Europe's top 5 leagues last season. With Spurs using attacking backs that's a big gap he'll be filling as Walker's is pants (and he might end up being permanently broken anyway), with Kane in the middle and Chadli coming in from the left who are both decent in the air not having a good crossing RB was quite a waste.

I didn't seem to watch much of Burnley last season, what was Trippier like, any good?

Twice in the PFA Championship Team of the Year. If he is a regular in the Spurs team, Trips will be in the England squad in 12 months. He's that good. In our promotion season, he contributed 14 assists from some absolute pin-point crosses as well as keeping 19 clean sheets. The only downside is he isn't the fastest defender - not slow - but has to recover from piling downfield. But he really does function as a proper attacking wing back who is great in dead ball situations.

Plus he's a really nice chap and a hell of a team player. This article sums up many Clarets feelings.

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edb4/farewell_kieran_trippier_its_been_a_fantastic_four_years_864166/index.shtml

In WTF transfer news, Gignac from Marseille has joined Tigres in Mexico. Would have thought someone reasonably high profile in Europe would have had him, but I guess he might have fancied a few years in Mexico.

To add to this, Uche from Villareal have also joined. Haven't exactly seen either of them play much but they don't seem like bad signings for a mexican-league team.

Gomez to Liverpool confirmed.

I'm impressed about how Liverpool are going about their business this transfer window, getting their targets in early. With the Soares transfer I'm expecting Clyne to be the next player coming in. I'd expect Liverpool to go for another attacking player afterwards and that will probably be it for the summer with only transfer activity being those going out.

Gomez to Liverpool confirmed.

I'm impressed about how Liverpool are going about their business this transfer window, getting their targets in early. With the Soares transfer I'm expecting Clyne to be the next player coming in. I'd expect Liverpool to go for another attacking player afterwards and that will probably be it for the summer with only transfer activity being those going out.

We got stuff done pretty earlier last year too (except for Balotelli) and look how that worked out.