IGNORED

Transfer window madness

Oh Danny Boy

The word is that Liverpool will announce the signing of Firmino subject to a medical today.

And there it is:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187533-liverpool-complete-firmino-signing

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, subject to a medical which will take place immediately following the player's participation in Copa America 2015 for Brazil.

The 23-year-old has agreed a long-term contract with the club. Firmino will arrive at Anfield following four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim. The forward made 151 appearances in league and cup for the German club, netting 47 goals, after joining them from Figueirense in December 2010. To date, Firmino has nine caps and four goals for Brazil - including what proved to be the winner in his country's 2-1 victory over Venezuela in the Copa America on Sunday.

Pepe Reina has left Bayern and gone back to Napoli. I guess sitting on the bench and picking up trophies has become dull. He did manage to get himself sent off after 14 minutes on his one league start for Bayern after they'd won the league which is probably the only notable thing he did there.

De Gea was just a lad with potential. He was shite at first but turned out good in the end. He could've been Taibi mkII

12.5m for a player in his last year and don't want to re sign? Sounds like another good deal, especially if this Portuguese lad we've signed for a fraction of that is any good.

Schneiderlin next out for 24m to Arsenal and we can get the new guys in well before the season starts. Hopefully that means we can get alderweireld signed up.

I saw the reports emanating from a Saints forum yesterday but I'm sceptical that Arsenal would fork out £24m for Schneiderlin. I wouldn't be surprised if Utd weren't in for him and more willing to shell out that kind of money.

edit: Not saying it's a rip-off, just that it seems a lot of money for us for that position