IGNORED

Is Polygon the worst professional games website? (awful Rock Band 4 preview)

Gambit

48 minutes ago, Gambit said:

It was more the fact that they were able to write an article like that on something so insignificant. And coming right after someone couldn't play Doom seems ill timed. 

Clickbait!

Terrible Escapist Comic

I'm not entirely sure if this or the tropes in videogames thread was the right place for this but I hadn't realised how bad The Escapist had gotten with this gamergate shite.

The basic idea behind the joke isn't the worst thing in the world but the brown squirrels line is just weird. I wonder if Yahtzee agrees with that stuff or if he just has the whole site over a barrel as the only thing they have worth a damn is Zero Punctuation.  

On 5/16/2016 at 10:39 AM, Alex W. said:

They've got a PS4 vs Xbox One comparison video that seems to use the exact same footage. I'm not sure, but I think they had one person playing both games at the same time on two different consoles. There's a certain logic to doing that for a comparison video, but you'd think they'd have an actual ordinary play-through somewhere.

I find it so strange that nobody else who's outraged by the Polygon video (or writing massive pointless articles on RPS defending it) has realised this.  Alex W is the only person I've seen mention it anywhere, and it seems like the most obvious explanation for why their playing style is so bizarre

1 hour ago, Dig Dug said:

Pretty sure Yahtzee only cares about the money he is paid for working there. He never talks about the escapist much outside of that.

I think he's very much one of the "I'm not taking sides", "each side is as bad as each other crowd".

3 hours ago, PK said:

I find it so strange that nobody else who's outraged by the Polygon video (or writing massive pointless articles on RPS defending it) has realised this.  Alex W is the only person I've seen mention it anywhere, and it seems like the most obvious explanation for why their playing style is so bizarre

*flex*

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

What kind of weirdo wouldn't like reading that?

Not really sure why it's on Eurogamer, but I assume they're just going with Donlan Can Write Whatever The Fuck He Wants And That's Fine By Us.

I suspect that is the only editorial decision Eurogamer have made in years that is actually wholly correct.

6 hours ago, bear said:

Terrible Escapist Comic

I'm not entirely sure if this or the tropes in videogames thread was the right place for this but I hadn't realised how bad The Escapist had gotten with this gamergate shite.

The basic idea behind the joke isn't the worst thing in the world but the brown squirrels line is just weird. I wonder if Yahtzee agrees with that stuff or if he just has the whole site over a barrel as the only thing they have worth a damn is Zero Punctuation.  

That comic has always been utter garbage.

57 minutes ago, Rev said:

Not really sure why it's on Eurogamer, but I assume they're just going with Donlan Can Write Whatever The Fuck He Wants And That's Fine By Us.

This is absolutely correct, and exactly what a videogame website should be doing in 2016.