IGNORED

Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

ENB seems to making light work of ID - I struggled a fair bit with that place.

Anri - spoilers for areas

Spoiler

I met her and Horace, then met her later at Firelink. After that I found just her in the Catacombs and ended up killing Horace when he attacked me. After that I didn't see her again until Anor Londo - as I assume it was her corpse that had her sword on it, behind the hidden wall.'

I never got the free levels at Firelink so the other NPC never showed up either.

1 hour ago, dood said:

Heh gratz @Frosty!

So interesting how people find different bosses tough, Dancer was one of my easiest.

I guess that's why claims such as "worst (best!) game / boss / level" are pretty inconsistent in their merit :D

I saw a post on reddit describing DotD as hard.

I also learned in the same post you're meant to kill the ones that glow red.

Any tips for ADoG?

I can reliably get him to the second phase, but then he gets me every time with that long/tracking phase of arrows, combined with the two or more big magic bolts - I just can't outrun the hail of arrows (or run out of stamina while they are still chasing me), so I get staggered and then flattened by the follow up bolts. Although tbf I also struggle to avoid the smaller homing magic balls in phase 2, which are a pain. I even watched ENB beat him, but cannot replicate his seemingly effortless avoidance of the arrow storm/magic ball swarms.

After 20+ attempts, I'm severely tempted to co-op him (much as I regret that for PS) though I can't find any NPC summon signs in that area of AL, and am yet to see a PC summon sign in the environs either.

12 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Any tips for ADoG?

Hide contents

I can reliably get him to the second phase, but then he gets me every time with that long/tracking phase of arrows, combined with the two or more big magic bolts - I just can't outrun the hail of arrows (or run out of stamina while they are still chasing me), so I get staggered and then flattened by the follow up bolts. Although tbf I also struggle to avoid the smaller homing magic balls in phase 2, which are a pain. I even watched ENB beat him, but cannot replicate his seemingly effortless avoidance of the arrow storm/magic ball swarms.

After 20+ attempts, I'm severely tempted to co-op him (much as I regret that for PS) though I can't find any NPC summon signs in that area of AL, and am yet to see a PC summon sign in the environs either.

Wear stamina regen items and roll in a triangle, get behind him.

Has anyone figured out what's up with poise/heavy armour in this game? I've just put a ton of Souls into levelling up to wear heavy armour and carry a greataxe, still getting staggered by rats and low level enemies. Am I missing a ring or other stat to level? I'm not fat rolling or anything. Ta for any pointers.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Has anyone figured out what's up with poise/heavy armour in this game? I've just put a ton of Souls into levelling up to wear heavy armour and carry a greataxe, still getting staggered by rats and low level enemies. Am I missing a ring or other stat to level? I'm not fat rolling or anything. Ta for any pointers.

Prepare to cry.......

Then respec

54 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Any tips for ADoG?

I just handled it by being very aggressive with him. The arrows in the 2nd phase are total BS and got me every time but he seems less likely to do it if you're all up in his face. I can't quite remember but I think the time I beat him he only used it once, or maybe not at all. It's possible I was just lucky though.

30 minutes ago, Uzi Temp said:

You should basically use VIT points so you have enough to carry all of your preferred gear and roll at 70%. Weapons have mandatory weight obv but armour is fashion souls bascially. Poise is non existant

Yep I know about the 70% weight cap for fat rolling and I've pumped enough points into VIT to carry all my stuff. But is there really zero benefit for wearing armour? Surely poise is effective with some sets? Seems ridiculous that a rat can stagger a Havel wearing build. 

Can't find it now but sure I read a Reddit post where someone has called Fromsoft support on the poise issue and they'd got back to him with an admission that it was broken and that it would be addressed in a patch. Bit late for most people though.

I rarely go that heavy so never noticed. I'm used to being staggered. 

26 minutes ago, John0 said:

Hide contents

I just handled it by being very aggressive with him. The arrows in the 2nd phase are total BS and got me every time but he seems less likely to do it if you're all up in his face. I can't quite remember but I think the time I beat him he only used it once, or maybe not at all. It's possible I was just lucky though.

Cheers. Yes, I'm sure there's a bit of RNG to it, but even when I'm in his grill, I tend to see the rain of arrows two or three times early in phase 2, and I can't survive too many of those. I'm sure persistence will eventually reap rewards.

20 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Cheers. Yes, I'm sure there's a bit of RNG to it, but even when I'm in his grill, I tend to see the rain of arrows two or three times early in phase 2, and I can't survive too many of those. I'm sure persistence will eventually reap rewards.

Stay locked on, run in a lazy circle like like a motherfucker. If he does a Prince soul spear, roll.

4 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

So old PS is a complete bastard then. Just... so... FAST. Got him down to the second stage once but bloody hell it all just goes off! Any tips?

Roll to his right. You need to learn what his crazy endless combo looks like, because you can't possibly dodge or shield all of that and need to just get out of town when he does that. It's even harder to get a safe hit in on phase two, so good luck.

30 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

So old PS is a complete bastard then. Just... so... FAST. Got him down to the second stage once but bloody hell it all just goes off! Any tips?

I switched to a 100% physical shield from trying to dodge everything and it helped a lot, personally. You can't shield everything but it means you can stay up close to him, and kind of circle around him and he'll just miss sometimes and leave himself open.

5 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I've found with most bosses being overly cautious can cost you, being super aggressive seems to actually work pretty well in DS3 (or I've just got more brave/better)

Yep agree with this. Especially with the staggering mechanic. I never really figured out how it worked, but it seemed you can just stagger most bosses by hitting them enough over a period of a few seconds, even if you don't directly chain hits.

YtG down. Annoying fight given what you had to do. Kept messing it up and ended up summoning. Then out of residule frustration I summoned help to take on DotBV.

Neither felt like a proper victory.

LC seems to step up the difficulty almost instantly. Yet I prefer the routine combat/creeping to the boss battles

I'm sure there's a whole section of PC to find as well.

i suspect I'm going to finish the game with all but one of the boss souls left as well.

i think a bit of fatigue has set in so I might give it s couple of days break.

I dunno,

picking up a weapon and equipping it in the middle of a fight isn't the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. Luckily my Seigbro did all the work on that one

There was a similar fight in Demon's Souls, except I didn't know it. Had to kill this big flying cunt and all his little flying cunt mates with a bow. 

I think my game just freaked out and did something that made no sense.

Spoiler

1. I finished the Sigward quest and he helped me with YtG
2. As soon as his cutscene ended I got taken back to the cathedral opposite the first boss, didnt have chance to grab the YtG bonfire
3. It said something about tell him to become a lord, I looted a bowl then another boss fight started
4. I got owned.

Is this normal (will post the capture shortly)

Edit: As Uzi said it seems normal enough, here's the video incase anyone wants to see it (SPOILERS GALORE)
Was very pissed off with the souls loss though, :( guess I'll go back later for revenge! 

Spoiler