IGNORED

Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

15 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Had a great little sesh this morning after sadly not being able to get on last night (apologies @dood).

cleared quite a bit off 

Hide contents

did UG and worked out how to get to AP (feeling like a right clever clogs) then cleared AP (died so got to help someone with the wyvern fight before I went in alone, so I knew what to do sadly)

killed HtR, and second boss surprisingly easily, I think I was in full on balls deep concentration mode.

i very much like being Nemesis the Warlock :)

Wait, are you playing on PC? I fought someone named Nemesis the Warlock the other day...

5 hours ago, Goose said:

I see! 

Really enjoying the game a great deal but I keep coming back to the fact that I enjoy the wandering around and fighting as opposed to the boss fights. 

I do feel a lot of the game is wasted on me though. Lore aside (which is what ENB is for) I barely use any of the items. Not even bothered with the resins this time around. Not used the alluring skulls, those bug pellet things or much else. Still using the starting weapon (though I'd dabbled a bit), using Silver Knight armour and the compound bow. 

Same with the weapons art, which I think is a bit of a missed opportunity. No idea how they could change it, but I find I've barely used it at all except in that one fight. 

Yet it's still easily the game of the year for me, and almost certainly the best since Bloodborne. I don't know if its better than DS1, but I think it's more accessible that than game. Much better than DS2 which just didn't click with me. Not better than BB, but a worth successor, so to speak.

Really looking forward to the DLC and I think I've still got a bit of a way to go. I also intend to revisit most of the areas to fuck those fuckers up who knocked me about when I was a lowly level 25 with a +2 longsword. 

Totally this, exactly how I am playing.

17 hours ago, Uzi Temp said:

You should see this then

Reveal hidden contents

This made me laugh far more than it should (particularly the bridge at the end). Just brilliant. :lol:

Trying to do some of the NPC questlines as much as possible on my first playthrough, without looking at spoilers, which as you all know is generally impossible.

So I've got Patches as a vendor in Firelink, but I've lost Onion Knight. I remember someone somewhere (I think) asking me if I'd seen him, and oddly the only response I had available was "no", even though I have met him several times.  Where was this? [/quote]

6 hours ago, jonamok said:

DotBV and OtCK down.

Currently doing UG and AP areas (but both feel like small optional zones). The AP boss (AW), Jesus how do you fight that?

Also feels like I'm missing a boss/exit in LC, so need to explore that a bit more too. It's nice having options.

Feels like the home stretch now, and still loving it. Amazing game.

I wouldn't call AP a small area. The AW boss is only the start...

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I wouldn't call AP a small area. The AW boss is only the start...

Fair enough. I usually associate the boss with end of level. Looking fwd to seeing more once I best AW, gorgeous skybox in this area. Rare blue skies.

I was a little unsure about this (work-in-progess) Luck build until

the Bleed proc'd on the Archives' Crystal Sage and he lost 2000+ HP on top of my regular Katana swipes. Tasty! Cannot wait til i'm fully levelled.

3 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I was but got scared off by the hacker caused bans so I picked it u on ps4 (also to coop with friends) 

I think it's since been confirmed that the hacker didn't actually cause any bans and has been banned themselves now.

EDIT: and by the by, after being inspired by that last video I've spent several merry hours in CoC trolling people and shooting them off ledges. I'm such a total bastard.

Though they are all clearly in NG+ so they need the challenge.

Earlier I invaded someone who was near the bottom ledges near the dangerous stairs so I stayed at the top and shot greatarrows down at them. They couldn't see me just knew there were arrows coming from above. A valiant Sunbro was standing in front of the host with his shield deflecting arrows from him and occasionally trying to fire blindly back at me. After a while the yellow one took it upon himself to charge upstairs to find me while the host hid somewhere.

I shot some more at the goldenboy as he ran towards me on the top ramp, then as he got exhausted running around the corner I smacked him over the head with a hammer until he died.

The host was on his own then, but the Sunbro certainly fought valiantly until the bitter end. As I crushed his skull.

2 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I keep meaning to be a total bastard and make a vile pvp invasion build but like in most games I just cannot be evil :(  I'm a SunBro at heart :)

5000+ hours of Souls games and i've never invaded once!

1 hour ago, The Bag said:

For those that have finished, I'm running about

Hide contents

the Grand Archives

am I getting close to the end?  Should I go off to 

Hide contents

Archdragon Peak

just now or is there time to to do that later?

I've just got there too, did 

Spoiler

Archdragon Peak

first.

I'm thinking this is near the end now, all my quest lines seem to have dried up, I don't want it to end really looking forward to NG though, can anyone confirm if things get mixed up a bit in NG+ (like DS2)

Spoiler

2nd Firekeeper yay!

7 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I've just got there too, did 

Hide contents

Archdragon Peak

first.

I'm thinking this is near the end now, all my quest lines seem to have dried up, I don't want it to end really looking forward to NG though, can anyone confirm if things get mixed up a bit in NG+ (like DS2)

Hide contents

2nd Firekeeper yay!

NG+

Spoiler

Apparently it's only some new +1 rings. No new gameplay. 

Re NG+

Spoiler

There are new pickups (as in actual items in completely new places) but that is it. 

The soul pickup items are a tier higher, but still quite low value. 

There are a bunch of +1, +2 and -  I believe -  +3 editions of rings to find. 

Please educate me, what is the best way to farm those Darkmoon covenant ears? Is it really a matter of equipping the convening item and wait to get summoned for help? That'll take ages, and I need 26 more.

I tried farming them from the Knights but the drop rate is mindnumbingly low.

Apart from an item and boss fight, am I missing something with UG and

Spoiler

Firelink 2.0? I killed the boss - doesn't like lightning buffs - then got the fire keeper eyes but then..? I took them back to the Firelink 1.0 girl and she freaked out and asked me to kill her. I opted not to make her use the eyes.

Is there more to the area?

So the Nameless King is a bit hard. 

Spoiler

It's hard enough trying to beat the first form but the camera is making it so difficult - I can hardly tell when I'm about to be attacked. It's just a massive mess of dragon and smoke. Is there a trick to avoiding its ball of fire from overhead other than running away? I'm not seeing how it's possible to avoid damage from that attack because even when I pre-empt it and start legging it I'm still lucky if I just get away. And because of the camera, I can't tell if it's rising in the air to shoot fire, fly to a different position or attack me. Really not enjoying it at all.

I'm not even trying to think about the second part because getting to it is such a trial for me a the moment.

It's the first time I've given in and summoned help because I just don't have the patience to spend hours on a single boss, but I can't seem to get any players to my game. :(