IGNORED

Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

So basically Kos, it's up to you how you reduce it. I'd reduce the armour first if you want to carry the shield + weapon. 

As for stats, again depends on what you want. Taking you vigor to 30 - 40 will give you a huge hp bar. 

Though since you're swinging a heavy weapon and going to be blocking a lot, it worth putting Endurance up to let you make more attacks before it runs out. 

And of course, putting your vitality up will help you wear more gear at once. 

You should have a Knight Shield of some sort by now. Use that as it has 100% physical resist but is loads lighter. The Exile Greatsword is also bloody heavy. Now you've killed Treebastard you can transpose his soul into the Hollow slayer Greatsword which is pretty handy. 

27 minutes ago, Goemon said:

For those of you that have finished the Rringed City DLC, 10 things you may/may not have found.

I found a couple of these secrets pretty mind blowing TBH

That purging stone secret and how to get at it are indeed mind-blowing...

That video also reminds me that I need to farm Ringed Knights for that armour set. I have had half a dozen hats, and the same again for trousers and gauntlets but never the damn armour that I covet so much.

I also realised last night that the save I had completed the Ringed City DLC with was one that I hadn't started Ashes DLC on so I blasted through that (there is a weird new scene that I think is tied to having completed Ringed City) and still find it very lightweight. I'd forgotten just how brief it was and even that the final boss actually was the final boss as it came so soon into the DLC. Speaking of which I had no trouble with her at all this time which was a surprise as I had found that final phase to be a real handful on my first playthough. After one attempt in which I was flattened, the second was straightforward to the point that I have no idea what troubled me first time round. Still one of the more spectacular, and fun, boss fights though...

Hey guys for people who have completed The Ringed City

You can resurrect the adjudicator at the statue of Velka in the little tunnel in the undead settlement near the bridge bonfire, it's a lot easier than going to the purging monument. This way you can repeat the PvP boss fight earning covenant rewards and keeping the covenant alive. I did it quite a few times last night whilst waiting to be summoned as a spear

Goodness me. These sellsword twin blades are easily the most devastating weapon I've used in this game.  Paired with the buffs that increase damage with sustained attacks, it's a monster! 

Couple of boss vids on their way later. Want to do Nameless King and then I'll be heading got the dlc, finally!  

(oh forgot about the twins, might have to off them first just to be certain all is done in base game.. :D) 

Ok, so a few clips.   Turns out I did have that Pontiff fight saved.  Bless him.  A bit embarrassing, really. 

Spoiler

Then Dragonslayer Armour. Man this was kind of hilarious.  I had a handful of attempts with each the Quill and the Astora Greatsword, learning the moveset.  Found it a bit tricky to do much damage!!  Then I thought to try the twinblades (having thought better of it initially due to the Dark Souls rule of slash = weak to armour)..  OMFG HAVE IT.  I felt proper ninja. 

Spoiler

Then for jokes (and with my kids watching) I ran full speed through the area after the Pontiff, just to see how I'd fair against the boss.. Got stupid on the first try and got owned by purple dots.  Second time though.. blink and you'll miss it!! :D  My four year old was mighty impressed - "That boss was VERY WEAK dad!" :wub: 

Spoiler

So having recovered from an epic hangover I thought I'd experiment a bit.  Ditched the shield and now look like this..

58e695f9f1c64_DARKSOULSIII_20170406201017.thumb.jpg.d8e9b8704a6e325f3578910223907a42.jpg

Only tried for about an hour and not creeping about hiding behind the shield is taking a bit of getting used to but so far I'm enjoying it.

Stats look a bit happier too (I think)

58e69605adf79_DARKSOULSIII_20170406201037.thumb.jpg.21291b8aa7a923827939806af4e81d0f.jpg

I did potter about around outside the Cathedral of the Deep and I can see that I'm going to really hate getting covered in maggots :)

50 minutes ago, Kos Mos said:

So having recovered from an epic hangover I thought I'd experiment a bit.  Ditched the shield and now look like this..

58e695f9f1c64_DARKSOULSIII_20170406201017.thumb.jpg.d8e9b8704a6e325f3578910223907a42.jpg

LOL, I rocked that look for a while in my first playthrough :D 

14352299_10154370688770470_6852671182912136835_o.thumb.jpg.de498df1bb2b66c922a2e261905e4b36.jpg

2 hours ago, dood said:

Goodness me. These sellsword twin blades are easily the most devastating weapon I've used in this game.  

Now I have a decent dex build, I totally agree. Except I'm getting cocky and keepy getting my arse handed to me in the Catacombs :/

Okay, that's the 2nd DLC finished.

Shorter than I thought it would be TBH. I thought it was going to be more epic based on it being the finale to the series, which was a bit disappointing.

SKG was by far my favourite boss. Didn't find him too hard, but it's a great fight non the less. I much prefer one on one fights over multiple enemies as there's always the random factor with multiple enemies that one catches you as you're hitting the other and then it's curtains.

Anyone follow the lore and have any theories about what went down?

I know one YTer I listen to was well pi$$ed as it doesn't go anywhere near the theories he had for where it was heading.

4 minutes ago, Goemon said:

Okay, that's the 2nd DLC finished.

Shorter than I thought it would be TBH. I thought it was going to be more epic based on it being the finale to the series, which was a bit disappointing.

SKG was by far my favourite boss. Didn't find him too hard, but it's a great fight non the less. I much prefer one on one fights over multiple enemies as there's always the random factor with multiple enemies that one catches you as you're hitting the other and then it's curtains.

Anyone follow the lore and have any theories about what went down?

I know one YTer I listen to was well pi$$ed as it doesn't go anywhere near the theories he had for where it was heading.

DLC Ending spoilers obviously

Did you read the description for the Dark Soul that you obtained from beating Gael?

After @Minion cryptic post I spent time throwing firebombs and seeking out lamps/lanterns etc but finally..

..screw you maggots :)

58e6b64853a88_DARKSOULSIII_20170406222913.thumb.jpg.8295d06f4d4c5cd1544ed6fdff05d864.jpg

Good evening.  I believe I saw your friend earlier.

58e6b63105d38_DARKSOULSIII_20170406221550.thumb.jpg.1b09a7930628b2a998034942bb384fe0.jpg

:o So much to explore.58e6b63c54571_DARKSOULSIII_20170406222028.thumb.jpg.4d27301086b529a6f83421431b0ee613.jpg

So you took an arrow to the knee did you.  Whatever. :lol:

58e6b6534d886_DARKSOULSIII_20170406223408.thumb.jpg.cd708cb080a43c998009149e3fb6dbc3.jpg

11 hours ago, Minion said:

So I am thinking about taking my level 160 character through to NG+, strapping on way of the blue, cracking Red Orbs and dried fingers all the way for shits and giggles, not sure how wise this is?

That's the 'right' way to play theses games imo ;)

30 minutes ago, dood said:

Do you want some pointers? 

I think I know what to do and have whittled them down to just the one bloke with the flaming sword a couple of times.

However I can hardly touch him as he's a quick bugger :) I get in close enough to hit him and he uses a big sweep before I can, hang back a bit and he still gets me with lunges/overhead slashes.

I've reached the point with the game that I'm not getting dispirited though.  I'll get them one day.

Ah great stuff! 

The comments you make about trying to hit the boss, exactly why I end up favouring the quick weapons in this series tbh! 

I'm pretty sure he's not actually faster, it's just the psychological affect of the flame. And the combos are longer! 

You'll get there pretty soon I'm sure! 

You've still got more 'sploring to do in the Cathedral of the Deep if you need a break! Hehe. 

I did need a break.  The Watchers aren't going anywhere but I'll be back for them.

So I went exploring and eventually found a large door.

58e7fdc7e1e98_DARKSOULSIII_20170407212604.thumb.jpg.561a830ed2db86ae9a1874fc4aae0ccc.jpg

It really is a lovely looking game.

58e7fdd1f212f_DARKSOULSIII_20170407213703.thumb.jpg.f01a09706391d9292d6be11294d80146.jpg

And we're in :)

58e7fddca8dba_DARKSOULSIII_20170407214143.thumb.jpg.34206c7e34cc0972c1ff63e18f990881.jpg

I also have a feeling that this chap is trouble.

58e7fde828457_DARKSOULSIII_20170407214218.thumb.jpg.c1cb247c82df544c99f5ffcf8fa11c05.jpg

I'm really enjoying my new weapon set up as well (R1 L2 combo for the win) although something down the road will make me rethink this approach I'm sure.

And according to the 'quit to main menu' screen I've been playing for over 58 hours :blink2:

Love this game.

Some interesting progress today. I caught a bit more of a stream than I meant to but it helped me get up the 

Spoiler

Path with the dragon. I also realised you could drop off the side and it was as safer run. Took me a while to do the next section in the winding crypt but eventually got the bonfire and then encountered that dragon again. Took me a while to figure out how to get past it. I was just about the run when I ended up standing right next to it, with it unable to hit me nine times out of ten. I experimented for a good 20 minutes and I reckon if you timed it right, you could kill it there and then. The first time I died doing this, I realise that if I stood at the point where my green souls where (but not collect them) I could take down a good half of his health just with the bow. Whether you could kill it like that, I don't know because I sense there was a trigger point whereby he did something different and killed me. 

Then the boss - 

Spoiler

I then made it to the next boss and again, realised you could actually kill the sorcerer. But the painted veil guy still turned up, as did the actual boss. 

2 hours ago, Goose said:

Some interesting progress today. I caught a bit more of a stream than I meant to but it helped me get up the 

Reveal hidden contents

Path with the dragon. I also realised you could drop off the side and it was as safer run. Took me a while to do the next section in the winding crypt but eventually got the bonfire and then encountered that dragon again. Took me a while to figure out how to get past it. I was just about the run when I ended up standing right next to it, with it unable to hit me nine times out of ten. I experimented for a good 20 minutes and I reckon if you timed it right, you could kill it there and then. The first time I died doing this, I realise that if I stood at the point where my green souls where (but not collect them) I could take down a good half of his health just with the bow. Whether you could kill it like that, I don't know because I sense there was a trigger point whereby he did something different and killed me. 

Then the boss - 

Reveal hidden contents

I then made it to the next boss and again, realised you could actually kill the sorcerer. But the painted veil guy still turned up, as did the actual boss. 

Its actually quite easy to

kill the dragon on the bridge. I did this after like 2-3 goes as his moves are quite easy to avoid when you're right under him

Im not sure he actually dies here though. He is an optional boss via a hidden path way...

I never found it myself but it's mentioned in the 10 things you missed.

Yea, I thought the same for the boss but you're right nothing changes regardless of what you do.