There's a shot that looks a lot like ruined Anor Londo:

OcZbLPBh.jpg

A shot that looks a bit like the graveyard near Firelink:

jBslVnSh.jpg

And a shot of what is almost definitely the Ivory Crown:

zpUn2bGh.jpg

And a giant with a hole in its face:

v8OgHCrh.jpg

I'd say we're going back to Lordran/Drangleic.

The Anor Londo shot seems pretty spot on, but I just can't see the Firelink comparison. Even if huge chunks of land have collapsed away, and parts look familiar, the layout doesn't fit in my head.

Regardless..... OMG-AMAZEBALLS!!!! :D

:omg::omg::omg:

"Areas are interconnected just like in the first Dark Souls," said Miyazaki. "Having an interconnected map is my favorite."

The newest combat feature is called the Ready Stance, which allows players to utilize devastating special abilities, like a powerful slash attack or an upward thrust that sends enemies flying into the air. These were special moves beyond the simple strong attacks you could do in other Souls games. It seemed more similar to the charge attacks in Bloodborne.

More here: http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-dark-souls-3-is-everything-i-want-in-a-dark-souls-sequel

You really expect something looking like that to run at 60fps on the consoles? ahaha

Just concept art and bullshots at the moment though init!

They already have the 60fps engine for XB1/PS4 for Dark Souls 2, so it might make sense. Otherwise they would be using a new engine, maybe based on PS4's Bloodborne to have it at 30fps. Not sure what the legal stance on using a game engine from a 1st party Sony game onto XB1 and PC would be.

I think Bloodborne's story and lore are way more interesting than Dark Souls (if you've finished Bloodborne and haven't read that 10,000 word google essay you really should) but if this can take the best new ideas from Bloodborne (less stamina used to dodge, regain, charge attacks) then this is so exciting.

I would much rather have the 'story' from Dark Souls, as opposed to the convoluted mess of BB.

I want my NPC-rich world back, with hidden quests & storylines to follow.

Plus they need to bring back magic & faith with lots of varied armour & weapons so the replayability is there again.

Covenants which aren't basically end-game content would be nice again too.

So much to look forward to, if they get it right.

That's a shame because SotFS at 60fps is super slick.

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter too much (to me anyway) between 60/30 PROVIDED its optimised. Going from DS2 on the PS4 back to Bloodborne, you really notice the stuttering rather than the framerate halving.

Given the track record I am not holding out, but worth remembering its not game breaking in any way really.

I would much rather have the 'story' from Dark Souls, as opposed to the convoluted mess of BB.

I want my NPC-rich world back, with hidden quests & storylines to follow.

Plus they need to bring back magic & faith with lots of varied armour & weapons so the replayability is there again.

Covenants which aren't basically end-game content would be nice again too.

So much to look forward to, if they get it right.

Meh, story lines. I've just started playing Dragon Age and within 15 minutes I am bored to tears of the dialogue, storyline and characters.

You, alone with a weapon and a shield, plowing into the unknown, has a far better ring to it IMO.

Not sure about BB being a mess, yeah sure if you want a proper story...

That's a shame because SotFS at 60fps is super slick.

I played the first game at 30fps on console and am playing DS2 at 60 and I can't understand why people care. It looks a bit smoother but DS2's floaty movement and terrible collision detection are even more annoying at 60. I don't get what the big fuss is when playing these games.