World of Tanks PC

OlsBean

I was just wondering if there were any other regular Word of Tanks PC Players within the community? I've played for 3 years now, I have a real love hate relationship with the game, I've taken several breaks from it during the time I've played but I always seem to end up going back to it at some point.

I am not particularly good but there are certain aspects of the game that I really enjoy, like the fact I can be in (and out often) of a Random Battle quickly, I miss though the comradeship you get within Clans/Guilds found in classic MMORPG's, I know WOT has clans and I have been a member of a couple during my time, they are just not the same in my humble opinion or at least the ones I have been in are not.

If anyone wants to hook up in game my name is the same, OlsBean. :)

i never could get on with WoT. far too many wankers hiding in bushes, and quickly moved over to war thunder. I love War Thunder's tank battles, and they seem much more action oriented and it looks fantastic.

I used to love it. Played solidly for a long time and pumped quite a bit of cash into it, but eventually, the shit games began to outweigh the good ones and I declared myself out. It was usually ok if you could get a decent platoon going but playing solo became such a soul-destroying endeavour it just wasn't worth carrying on with. I do think about giving it a go from time to time. I haven't played in well over a year - has it changed at all?

Not to hijack or something but what do you think of this?

I like graphics and that has graphics (but to be fair WoT still looks nice).

It looks interesting, there are quite a few games either out or in the planning that could be classed as within the "Tank Genre" probably the huge success of WOT has something to do with it.

I used to love it. Played solidly for a long time and pumped quite a bit of cash into it, but eventually, the shit games began to outweigh the good ones and I declared myself out. It was usually ok if you could get a decent platoon going but playing solo became such a soul-destroying endeavour it just wasn't worth carrying on with. I do think about giving it a go from time to time. I haven't played in well over a year - has it changed at all?

They are making improvements all of the time, updates are very regular but the principle of the game is essentially the same, I tend play intensely then walk away for a while, then I return, play for Free, subscribe for a month to premium, kick the arse out of it and walk away, rinse and repeat. My problem is I have a crap connection, my Ping at times is awful, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it! I wish I had a pound for every time some prepubescent teen had called me a Noob in game :)

Probably sounds negative to anyone who has not played but it honestly does have something, over 75 million registered users (if correct) are stats that speak for themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I've only just seen this thread. Been playing the PC version on and off since 2011. Currently tearing my hair out trying to complete some Personal Missions (LT-15!)

I also dabble on Xbox360 with a few other rllmukers - which will soon switch to XboxOne version in July when it launches.

PC(EU): Rogue_Soul

XBL: Rogue Soul

Sorry, I've only just seen this thread. Been playing the PC version on and off since 2011. Currently tearing my hair out trying to complete some Personal Missions (LT-15!)

I also dabble on Xbox360 with a few other rllmukers - which will soon switch to XboxOne version in July when it launches.

PC(EU): Rogue_Soul

XBL: Rogue Soul

Yes me to, I am stuck on the exact same mission, I got within 80 damage of achieving it yesterday, that's about the closest I have got using an RU 251 but to be honest I am not that great a player anyway!

I saw your in game 'Friends Request' earlier and thought Stranger Danger :o but that was before I saw this post, I've accepted it now, thank you :hat: