IGNORED

E3 2015 Microsoft Conference Thread: June 15th 5:30 PM BST

Robo_1

Rate The Conference  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I propose a 360 game trading club for us pricks that traded it a load of games when switching to the new gen #sadface

edit - someone lend me the Mass Effect trilogy again please please please

You'll need the disk in the drive while you play.

Got a reference for that?

It's not Xbone stuff, yes, but I've not seen references to off unit rendering.

The original presentation of it earlier this year mentioned cloud computing but it does use a dedicated chip for doing some stuff. It's possible it does it all by itself.

Highlights for me were Hololens and some of the indie stuff I've already been following - Superhot, Cuphead, etc. Hololens made the biggest impression for me (although it remains to be seen how well it will work when it's out there and in the hands of consumers) and generally it was an incredibly solid show with lots of stuff for Bone owners to look forward to. :)

Well fuck all you negative fools. That was a quality E3. Here's hoping Sony and Nintendo's are as good.

GAMES. Fuck yeah.

Well fuck all you negative fools. That was a quality E3. Here's hoping Sony and Nintendo's are as good.

GAMES. Fuck yeah.

Totally agree. Unless you were pinning all your hopes on Halo 5 blowing you away, then you'd be hard pressed to say that was a bad showing.

Aw, got a link? How about digital & XBLA games?

Digital games will just appear in "Ready to Install" when they're available. Disc games are obviously going to need the disc for authentication. Or you might as well just give everyone every retail 360 game for free.

Totally agree. Unless you were pinning all your hopes on Halo 5 blowing you away, then you'd be hard pressed to say that was a bad showing.

It was good, if you like that kind of thing, but I saw a lot of games I've already played before, either literally or in essence. The highlight for me was Beyond Eyes, which genuinely looks like something new I haven't seen a hundred times before. Would really love to play that.

The games all looked very good, so sure, it was a decent enough conference, but not really for me I guess. It didn't do anything to make me want to buy a One. The backwards compatibility came close, but then it turned out that it was only for a few games and "we'll add more later, promise!" which is exactly how it worked when Xbox 360 played Xbox games, and eventually they just got bored with it so there's tons of stuff that still won't work. It'll be the same here, you'll never be able to get rid of your 360 because there'll always be those few games that they don't bother adding to it.

The Hololens would have been interesting but it was such a massive fake. It was like that Kinect demo from years back where the guy "playing" was just choreographed to follow the motions of the action on screen. That world in Minecraft was moving before the guy was "moving" it. It works now as much as Kinect worked back then, and we all know how that turned out.

Gears 4 was a weird reveal though.

Could barely see shit, almost felt thrown in at the last minute.