IGNORED

E3 2015 Microsoft Conference Thread: June 15th 5:30 PM BST

Robo_1

Rate The Conference  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great to see the old, oolllld Rare/Ultimate stuff getting appreciated, the idea of playing Atic Atac again in 2015 outside of an emulator is almost ridiculous! I wonder if they have emulated the Speccy colour clash?

It will totally be running in an emulator.

Sorry to be a pain but could someone summarise what was shown? Did they show Halo 5?

Halo 5, Knight Lore, projecting black, shonky BC.

Where to start ?

Firstly it wasn't the "Playstation killer" I'd hoped for.

It was a competent presentation with a distinct lack of cringe. The expected announcements were as expected and largely underwhelming with what was shown. Halo, Tomb Raider, Fable, Gears and admittedly even FM6 failed to impress in the way MS possibly expected them to.

Possibly due to the nature of the footage shown, possibly due to gameplay replacing last years CGI fests. Possibly due to high expectations or just keeping stuff back for the marketers to drip feed the media between now and release. Maybe more info over the next few days will elevate the hype levels.

BC on first seeing it I was tempted to post this...

EO4PwH3.gif

.... but it turns out to be very early days so BC is a great addition but I'll be waiting a while before it's as big a deal as the announcement wants you to believe.

As for the new stuff, Rare collection and Massively Multiplayer Monkey Island are probably the highlights by quite a distance. I hope the collection games play well and have at least had a minimal amount of work done on them to make them functional especially the older N64 & speccy stuff.

The new pad might get bought but it's not something I think I need as I've no issue with the current one.

TLDR : It was awright.

$150 fucking dollars?

150 dollars fucking dollars!

To be honest, when I seen it I was expecting something in the region of £80-£100.

Speaking personally, there was nothing really there that would get me to really seriously consider an Xbox One - if anything it's pretty much confirmed what I've felt for a while with Microsoft. They don't really have the breadth of experiences that I want nor do they seem to actually want to provide it. The indie space is still interesting, and it's getting there, but it lacks the drive that Sony have in that area and it all still feels a little XBLIG (Which is still a good thing mind!).

Backwards compatibility aside, it was almost entirely predictable to a tee. Which is fine. If you like that sort of thing.

Jimmy, man, you absolute fucking idiot. I'm so disappointed in your slack jawed, retarded analysis of things that aren't PS4.

Dude, pull your fucking head out of your arse. If you can't see anything good in that presentation, then it's a real shame for you boy.

They're doing it through PS Now. Presumably they're not hooking up racks of PS1's, so are emulating them?

But even if that example isn't right, Nintendo do it regularly and no one doubts it.

They're charging £4-£5 to rent a game for 2 days. They can suck my dick!

Jimmy, man, you absolute fucking idiot. I'm so disappointed in your slack jawed, retarded analysis of things that aren't PS4.

Dude, pull your fucking head out of your arse. If you can't see anything good in that presentation, then it's a real shame for you boy.

I saw plenty of good things, and I mentioned them, but most of the good things are not to my tastes. I've explained in a previous post what I expected/wanted from MS and I voted for "I want to see Microsoft focus mostly on New exclusives like Scalebound and Quantum Break". It doesn't take a genius to understand why I personally was not excited.

If it makes you feel better, I'm expecting similar amounts on things not to my taste at the Sony event, but there are already plenty of games announced that are so it's all pretty moot.

Halo 5 looks amazing. Will be buying an Xbox for this alone. Tomb Raider looked nice but imo way below what we saw in the U4 demo in terms of tactical approach and open game design. Still very impressive though.

Is there a link to the whole conference yet? Can't find it on ign or gamespot.

Christ that Minecraft demo is mental. That's literally the most impressive tech I've ever seen.

I was just coming to post similar - I laughed with everyone else about the MS VR thing but that is out of the park cool.

Im getting a Xbone for Halo but can now pretend it is to fuel my kids minecraft obsession!

I was just coming to post similar - I laughed with everyone else about the MS VR thing but that is out of the park cool.

Im getting a Xbone for Halo but can now pretend it is to fuel my kids minecraft obsession!

Hololens is a pc in some glasses. It's entirely separate from an xbox.

Alongside Game 4, Behemoth games are remastering Castle Crashers!

http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2015/06/15/announcing-castle-crashers-remastered/

Castle Crashers Remastered will feature the following:

– 5x increase in texture sizes!

– Uncapped framerate — 60fps

– Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer

– New mini game: Back Off Barbarian

They'll drop in price eventually. I'll probably bite at 60 quid or less.

I doubt it, unless you're willing to pick one up second-hand or it completely bombs. It's clearly intended to be a high-end high-margin product.

I've just noticed it doesn't include the play and charge kit either, so that's another £20 on top.

I wonder which version of the 8-bit Ultimate games are going to be included. I would guess the Speccy versions as they were the original development platform, but the US-centric parent company might require C64 versions since that's what the audience would have played. Of course, they really ought to be using the CPC games given they were obviously the best.

How the backwards compatibility is working:

"Behind the scenes, Microsoft has built a full Xbox 360 emulator for its Xbox One console. "Xbox One Backward Compatibility is an Xbox 360 emulator that runs on Xbox One and is used to play Xbox 360 games," says a Microsoft spokesperson in a statement to The Verge.

When you launch an Xbox 360 game on the Xbox One the software will startup a virtual version of the Xbox 360 console to play the game. If you have a disc thats on the supported list then it will simply download the game and ask you to keep the disc in the tray for validation purposes. If you have digital copies of Xbox 360 games then theyll just automatically show up"

Incredible stuff. The fact they say that it's upto publisher's if their games are available suggests it won't have as many problems as original Xbox emulation.

I wish they had also built an emulator for the original Xbox.

I imagine it would be a cakewalk to write in comparison to the 360 emulator. Blame licensing deals with Nvidia for it never appearing I guess.

Wait a second. Microsoft are at the PC Gaming conference on Wednesday. 360 emulator built into Windows 10? Kinda pointless for games which have superior PC ports, but Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3 onwards and all the 360 games that never came out on PC? Damn. Could happen. Obviously given the lack of 360 DVD drive, would only be digital games.

Wait a second. Microsoft are at the PC Gaming conference on Wednesday. 360 emulator built into Windows 10? Kinda pointless for games which have superior PC ports, but Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3 onwards and all the 360 games that never came out on PC? Damn. Could happen. Obviously given the lack of 360 DVD drive, would only be digital games.

It really could.

Watching this reminded me how much I dislike E3 conferences these days. Room full of sweaty blokes cheering at the most insignificant and pointless announcements. Presented by smug looking sweaty blokes who pause after every insignificant and pointless announcement waiting for an applause. Worst parts were when that EA twat was trying to sell EA Access, when some guy paused looking for a cheer after telling us we won't be charged for playing 360 games on the One (I thought that'd go without saying) and when some other guy paused after saying they'd partnered with some (Valve something was it?) Looking for a cheer to be met with silence. He had to urge a the crowd to cheer before continuing.

As for what was shown:

Halo 5 - looking good, nice to see Buck. Wait what's this Prometheans? Fuck off.

Will still buy..

Actually I was going to go through each thing but all I'm really interested in is the Rare collection, the Pirate game and possibly ReCore - though need to see actual gameplay of that.