IGNORED

E3 2015 Sony Conference Thread: June 16th 2:00 AM BST

Robo_1

Rate The Conference  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No way is TLG dead.

This will have Sony's trademark shit pacing and too many third-party games, but also some of the best games of the show. Great downloadable games like Rime and The Tomorrow Children, at least one big new IP reveal (though my guess is two), GotS material with UC4 and that potential From double whammy of Dark Souls III and Bloodborne expansion.

I just hope they won't reveal games with in-engine trailers or CG for once. Which is why I hope Media Molecule will be there.

I'm expecting a few good games from Sony, but I'm also expecting a lot of 2016. Which is a bit of a joke at this stage.

How so? Looking at the raw figures, first party studios on pretty much all three platforms release at a similar rate. Sony tend to delay far more often, but given the state of Halo and Driveclub last year I'm sure to be patient enough to wait a couple of months.

Christmas is always ridiculously stacked and spreading releases out all year makes much more sense.

I am hopeful for some release dates for their indie games though particularly Edith Finch, Tommorow Children, Rime, Gakax-Z and N++.

How so? Looking at the raw figures, first party studios on pretty much all three platforms release at a similar rate. Sony tend to delay far more often, but given the state of Halo and Driveclub last year I'm sure to be patient enough to wait a couple of months.

Because they said they had no first party stuff to release in 2015?

Because they said they had no first party stuff to release in 2015?

They alreayd released games in 2015 though. As MW_Jimmy said, they are just spreading their releases more. If they would've released The Order, MLB and Bloodborne in December nobody would be saying this.

And as Jimmy said, we also don't know when games like Rime and The Tomorrow Children release.

I really hope they announce that Journey is available to play on the PS4. I've bought it on PS3 but would rather play it on PS4.

I have good news for you, it's been announced for Q3 this year. More info at IGN.

They alreayd released games in 2015 though. As MW_Jimmy said, they are just spreading their releases more. If they would've released The Order, MLB and Bloodborne in December nobody would be saying this.

And as Jimmy said, we also don't know when games like Rime and The Tomorrow Children release.

Because they said they had no first party stuff to release for the rest of 2015?

Because they said they had no first party stuff to release for the rest of 2015?

They didn't say that. They said their holiday line-up was sparse, first party-wise. Until Dawn, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Tearaway are out soon. As pointed out before, Sony just spreads its releases more.

Besides, it makes sense to reveal games in development. I mean, MS showed Phantom Dust, Crackdown and Scalebound CGI last year and none of those games will come out this year.

This hasn't got much attention, but it's a new shooter from the team behind Borderlands 2:

It's Gearbox trying to do a console MOBA in first-person.* Might be interesting to some, but to those who couldn't care less about MOBA's it probably doesn't hold much appeal. That's why you don't hear as much about it as you would with 'Gearbox makes new shooter'

*but of course like Bungie repeating over and over that Destiny is not a MMO, Gearbox tries its best to avoid calling it a MOBA

Surely we could / should get a mention of Everybody's Golf PS4? The Vita version is one of the best games on that system.

Would think that is more a TGS-type announcement, E3 is predominately catering to the North American audience and is organised by the American branches of the various companies. Can't think of a single entry in that series that got announced at E3, but admittedly I haven't payed attention to every E3 either.

As I mentioned in the other thread I seriously doubt there will be any P5 stuff here - something like TGS (Sept. 17th-20th this year) is more likely to have anything. I'll mostly be tuning in for Street Fighter V and Bloodborne stuff, but maybe there will be some surprises too. :)

I'm wondering if we should place bets on how many Vita games are revealed, or maybe a drinking game for every Vita announcement. I doubt we'd stand to lose much. :P

Last Guardian (Sony, PS4)

Yes, we know it has been in development hell since 2007, but we have it on very good authority that this will be the year that Team Ico finally presents its follow-up to much loved classics Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Whether it’ll bear any relation to the game last shown at E3 in 2009 is anyone’s guess.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gallery/2015/jun/09/e3-2015-most-anticipated-games?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I hope they have good sources. But they have Zelda in their list as well, which probably won't be there if Nintendo's earlier statement is anything to go by.

Yup, just saw that. E3 winner right there. You can't beat a legend.

As I mentioned in the other thread I seriously doubt there will be any P5 stuff here - something like TGS (Sept. 17th-20th this year) is more likely to have anything. I'll mostly be tuning in for Street Fighter V and Bloodborne stuff, but maybe there will be some surprises too. :)

I'm wondering if we should place bets on how many Vita games are revealed, or maybe a drinking game for every Vita announcement. I doubt we'd stand to lose much. :P

You'd have to use Polish vodka to even get tipsy.