E3 2015 Sony Conference Thread: June 16th 2:00 AM BST

Robo_1

Rate The Conference  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine waking up tomorrow if you went to bed before this.

Hi :)

Never really played much Ico/SotC or took an interest in Shenmue but it must be mindblowing for fans of those games, and admittedly some of the hype has still kind of rubbed off on me, because I'd always hear about these games but would never imagine they'd be as tangible as they are right now...

EDIT: I liked FFVII though, so yay

Where's that confessions topic?

I've never played Shenmue... :ph34r: they are going to have to release the first two as well, aren't they?

Sony did well, even if their account system/customer service still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Looking forward to No Man's Sky and Uncharted 4 though. :wub:

Oddly the 'big three' announcements aren't what's done it for me this year.. but I really like the look of some of the new IP..

Last Guardian does look really nice though.. it's about bloody time.. SotC was released TEN years ago.. :)

I'm a bit worried they might lose the charm of FF7 in the transition.. The trailer was very dour and this is now the Square that made FF14.. I hope they don't change too much.. I didn't enjoy Advent Children at all..

However Uncharted looks fantastic and I loved the look of Horizon: Zero Dawn and Firewatch..

The big announcements made this conference.. though if they'd kept it to an hour and cut the Disney, Creed, TV stuff and Morpheus stuff (as they didn't really say or show anything) it would have been incredible..

Oddly the 'big three' announcements aren't what's done it for me this year.. but I really like the look of some of the new IP..

Last Guardian does look really nice though.. it's about bloody time.. SotC was released TEN years ago.. :)

I'm a bit worried they might lose the charm of FF7 in the transition.. The trailer was very dour and this is now the Square that made FF14.. I hope they don't change too much.. I didn't enjoy Advent Children at all..

However Uncharted looks fantastic and I loved the look of Horizon: Zero Dawn and Firewatch..

The big announcements made this conference.. though if they'd kept it to an hour and cut the Disney, Creed, TV stuff and Morpheus stuff (as they didn't really say or show anything) it would have been incredible..

FF14 (A Realm Reborn!) is a great game - and looks lovely, with none of this dourness. It is in fact very lovely. Do you mean 15?!

Anyway! Last Guardian, wooh! Shenmue III - I cried a bit! FF7 remake - do not care. Now, if they had done 9...

So then... posted earlier, but may have gotten lost. I stupidly decided to write this at around 4am - http://gamestyle.com/feature/e3-specials-why-competition-matters/

Having two parents battle over us (sorry platform holders) is just amazing, they now both seem to understand that we are their bosses, it is us who decides their fates and they know it. We can only be winners when the dust settles. The fanboy shit is a bit out of hand, but boy does it breed competition and that competition just keeps giving to us.

FF14 (A Realm Reborn!) is a great game - and looks lovely, with none of this dourness. It is in fact very lovely. Do you mean 15?!

Anyway! Last Guardian, wooh! Shenmue III - I cried a bit! FF7 remake - do not care. Now, if they had done 9...

Doh.. I meant FF13

And yeah, having both companies try their hardest is great for all gamers..

In fact all the conferences have brought something good this year (so far) :)

Despite nothing coming out again this year, this was another really, really good show for Sony.

Things all look fairly rosy for 2016.

Uncharted 4 looked just as good as I'd hoped. Everything else as well?

Bravo sirs, bravo indeed.

There's plenty of stuff coming out this year, just not many exclusives. Although we should see N++ and The Witness which are the two exclusives I want more than any others. Sony could easily have put those in the conference but chose not to, it's looking further forward I guess.

The thing with Microsoft is that they announced exclusives for 2015, but they're the same exclusives they have every single year. I'd rather wait a year for The Last Guardian than play another Halo game.

Obviously that's not true for everyone, but it is for me.

Is there a copy of this conference anywhere that isn't Youtube? I can't stream it as it's coming up with "inappropriate content" which means it won't work on xbmc.

Okay, what other games got a decent look at this conference bar the guerrilla game? Fire watch and Until Dawn were blink and you'll miss them. No Man's Sky was pretty but nothing we hadn't already seen. What did I miss? Uncharted looked great, but you know that section will be a fail/repeat sequence when played in game.

Okay, what other games got a decent look at this conference bar the guerrilla game? Fire watch and Until Dawn were blink and you'll miss them. No Man's Sky was pretty but nothing we hadn't already seen. What did I miss? Uncharted looked great, but you know that section will be a fail/repeat sequence when played in game.

The next Edge 10 from Media Molecule.

Okay, what other games for a decent look at this conference bar the guerrilla game? Fire watch and Until Dawn were blink and you'll miss them. No Man's Sky was pretty but nothing we hadn't already seen. What did I miss? Uncharted looked great, but you know that section will be a fail/repeat sequence when played in game.

They played to the fans and gave us what we have wanted for years, plus a new IP that looks lovely, as well as some well known franchises to mix in with a decent sizzle reel. Not sure what else there was to do right now. They'll be saving some stuff for gamescom

Well Uncharted and No Man's Sky both featured new never seen before gameplay and were the highlight of E3 so far for me.

Did you expect an hour and a half of brand new never before heard of IP or something? Horses for courses innit.

Yeah I gotta be honest that the nostalgia stuff holds little appeal for me because I'm the wrong age and had a N64 instead of a PSX and no Dreamcast.

I thought the Guerilla thing looked really good and kind of got overshadowed by those announcements. The dominant style of the gen seems to be open world pseudo-multiplayer stuff, like Fallout or Wildlands, and I think the focus on hunting and taking down big monsters like shown will help it stand out. Good art style too, one that I'd want if I wasn't PC centric.