IGNORED

Volume (by Mike Bithell "Thomas Was Alone") - PS4/PC/Vita

gospvg

Game Information
post-18024-0-36663500-1433942057.jpg
Volume is a stealth game about being heard.
Locksley does not kill. That would be far too easy. Instead, he commits his crimes through stealth. He sneaks, he distracts, he avoids. He is never seen, and seldom heard. As he grows in popularity and notoriety, so will his inventory. Blackjacks, bugles, thunderclaps and veils are just some of the tools at Locksley's disposal.
Volume‍ '​s story is based on a modern take of the Robin Hood legend. Robert Locksley (voiced by YouTube celebrity Charlie McDonnell) is a petty thief that finds a device called "Volume", which allows the user to simulate heists that is part of a secret military coup attempt.
The device has an artificial intelligence built into it (played by Danny Wallace, who also voiced the narrator in Thomas Was Alone) that acts as "the Microsoft Office paperclip as a military training program", according to Bithell, and guides Robert on how to use the device. Robert decides to use the device to broadcast the simulations of high-profile crimes across the Internet in the same manner as Let's Play videos.
Locksley will be face off against Guy Gisborne, played by Andy Serkis, re-envisioned for the game as the CEO of a company that has taken over the country of England and runs the nation as a corporatocracy.
Release Date 18th August - PC/PS4/Vita
Trailers

Screenshots

post-18024-0-62935900-1433941521_thumb.j
post-18024-0-88147300-1433941526_thumb.j
post-18024-0-51167600-1433941536_thumb.j
post-18024-0-83386900-1433941997.jpg
post-18024-0-03309300-1433942006.jpg

Reminds me a little bit of the VR Missions in Metal Gear Solid.

After my Adr1ft thread, praying no-one has already started a thread on this, I searched three times.

• 2 months later...

Yup, I'm about 40% in the campaign.

It's pretty good, not sure the guy doing Rob's voice is any good though - it was that flat, I presumed it was Mike Bithell doing it himself, surprised me to find out it's meant to be a YouTube star.

Yup, I'm about 40% in the campaign.

It's pretty good, not sure the guy doing Rob's voice is any good though - it was that flat, I presumed it was Mike Bithell doing it himself, surprised me to find out it's meant to be a YouTube star.

I also assumed it was Bithel and figured he kind of gets away with it as he's trying to keep costs down and it's charming given he's the creator. Crazy that he actually paid someone for that voice.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying it so far. Always loved the mechanics of MGS1 and thought it a shame that top-down stealth puzzle game was never really developed much further, even by it's sequels.

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Madjock said:

Picked this up in the sale, done 25% so far and rather enjoying it, hope it doesn't get brutally hard as the levels go on as I'd like to see it through.

I'm at 75% and starting to get very hard. But not unfairly so, just you have to be precise.

• 2 months later...

I'm finding the level editor a little buggy with enemies sometimes escaping the play area!

Also does anyone know how you sort or filter user generated stages beyond searching? Just now I can get either the full alphabetised list, or just staff picks.