rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Calling NEG To The Thread! Angry Birds Sonic Dash Epic!

:omg: :omg: :omg:

But no, this probably won't be as good as the much anticipated Boom sequel. Could be close!

It's a time-limited crossover update for the most downloaded Sonic game of alltime, the thread made it sound like a new game.

Sonic Dash is also celebrating a major milestone — the game has achieved over 100 million downloads since its launch in March of 2013. SEGA is proud to have hit this landmark, making Sonic Dash the most downloaded Sonic mobile game in the history of the legacy IP.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think any of us care about factual accuracies when it comes to Angry Birds Sonic Dash Epic.

• Upvote 1

I don't think any of us care about factual accuracies when it comes to Angry Birds Sonic Dash Epic.

Well clearly, to the extent that isn't the actual name of it :)

• Downvote 1

Shame to see one of gaming's most revered and venerable figures reduced to such ignominy. Tainting the brand by adding Sonic to it, ugh.

• Upvote 4

Sonic is still an awesome designed character. They need to give him to a decent developer. Save us, Nintendo!

Could they not even re-make the original games in 2.5D. Something...anything but this shit.

Sonic is still an awesome designed character. They need to give him to a decent developer.

Sonic Souls.

Shit, I just lost 20,000 rings because I didn't go back to the lamp post and got wrecked by Fishlord Big the Cat.

• Upvote 1

Nope. Sonic is/should be anything but vulnerable, as a company mascot he should be everything that company represents.

In Sega's case (or at least "classic" Sega), that would be blue skies, jet fighters, speeding cars and cooler than cool characters. Making him a reject from Coraline is everything he shouldn't be.

I appreciate the ideas on gameplay and moving the character forward that this guy has in the video, and the character artwork is wonderfully realised and animated but I don't think this is the answer to Sonic's problems with finding a great game again.

In my opinion. Great video though, the guy clearly knows his stuff.

• Upvote 1

No no no!

The guy knows his stuff, the video is slickly produced, his character design is decent, but the game he wants to create is just not Sonic. That character isn't Sonic. It looks more like Rayman. The backpack idea is awful. Just.... go make a different game without Sonic in it, because this suggestion is equally as bad as what's happening to the main franchise right now, just covered in indie/hipster paint.

• Upvote 1

The best Sonic game has always been Sonic 1 on the Sega Master System.

Sonic isn't actually about speed. But everyone thinks it is. And so it fails and fails and fails.

Make it slower. Make it fun. Make it understandable.

Wait, no. Actually just burn the corpse. For the sequels are dark and full of terrors.

• Upvote 2