Transformers Devastation by Platinum Games

Only thing that sucks about this is the 'Next Gen' tax..

Amazon prices seem to be typical..

PC is £18

360/PS3 is £28

XBO/PS4 is £45!!

US is $50 for any of them (£32)

It also needs taunt. But yeah, it's looking ace. There's an Umbran Spear teleport too. Hopefully combos are the main dish of the system.

Oh, there's a 360 version? I'm saved! Hopefully it's digital at the same time as retail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/10/platinumgames-transformers-devastation-will-run-at-60-fps-on-all-consoles-1080p-on-ps4xbox-one/

PlatinumGames’ Transformers: Devastation Will Run at 60 FPS on All Consoles, 1080p on PS4/Xbox One

Transformers: Devastation is a game by PlatinumGames, and on top of that, it’s directed by Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’s Kenji Saito. This means that fast, unrelenting action is one of the game’s main selling points.

In order to support that kind of action, 60 frames per second are almost a must, and Producer Robert Conkey himself confirmed at Gamescom that the game will run at 60 FPS on all consoles (even if he admitted that there might be some dips on PS3 and Xbox 360 in very chaotic scenes, but that’s entirely understandable, while on PS4 and Xbox One the frame rate will be stable).

Resolution-wise, we’ll get 1080p on PS4 and Xbox One, and 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360. Of course PC gamers will get whatever their rig can handle.

We also learned a few more details from Conkey and Saito-san himself:

Activision was the one that went to PlatinumGames with the idea of the game, and discovered that the folks at the house of Bayonetta were big Transformers fans.
The game is not developed by the same team as The Legend of Korra, as PlatinumGames mixes and matches teams for different games. Some developers come from Korra (for instance the producer), others from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and from other games.
At the end of every combo you can trigger a transformation attack, with the right timing. After that, you can chain a fully new combo.
Loot changes depending on difficulty. You have a chance to get better loot the more challenging you choose the game to be.

Achievement list: http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/transformers-devastation-xbox-one/achievements/

Reveals a few details on bosses and extras:

New options:

Weapon synthesis/creation

Challenge mode

World collectables

Game mechanics:

Dodge

Counter

Parry

Focus

Rush

Chapter 3 boss is Blitzwing

Chapter 4 boss is Menasor

Chapter 5 boss is Shockwave

Some of the Achievement art is pretty great:

(Don't) Hit the Brakes! - Defeat 100 enemies with Rush attacks (15G)

105914-hi.jpg

• Upvote 1

Forget all the annual releases like FIFA, CoD, Assassins Creed, etc. THIS is the game I would want if I was only allowed a single title between now and Christmas. Such a refreshing combination of license and developer.

Surely a LE edition with at the very least a Blu Ray copy of the movie will be released. That would be perfect.

I want this to be awesome, but have minor twinges of Legend of Korraness from the trailers. I really hope it's awesome.

That's pretty much just the art-style though.. of which we've barely seen more than one environment..

Mostly an entirely different team from Korra (it's not like one team could have been working on both titles - Korra hasn't been out that long), it's a full price release vs a £15 title AND many of the guys at Platinum are reportedly HUGE Transformers fans..

Reasons to be optimistic..

Am I the only one who thinks this looks a bit shallow?

While it probably won't have the mechanical depth of Bayonetta or Wonderful 101, there's a fair chance it has much better gameplay than most of the stuff released this year.

Unless gameplay isn't your priority, in which case you have your priorities all wrong. ;)

• Upvote 1