rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Final Fantasy VII Remake - April 2020

10 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Wasn’t sure if we’ve had the new version of the Battle Theme in its entirety in this thread yet:

If we do already have it, good. Have it again! :omg: 

Fecking Hell. 

They need to tour this after release in the UK.

18 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

still no interest in the game, but I'll buy a big dirty soundtrack in a nice box.

This will cost you 60 banger on the 31st of this month:

image.thumb.jpeg.9578fca890d6bffa38c8feee1d784015.jpeg

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

This will cost you 60 banger on the 31st of this month:

image.thumb.jpeg.9578fca890d6bffa38c8feee1d784015.jpeg

are they doing a non-picture disc version for those who might want to actually listen to it :D

What bothers me about that isn't waiting longer to play the thing, but the fact that there's now even less time between this coming out and P5 Royal's release on March 31st. I'm fucked. :lol: 

• Upvote 1

A month of dev time seems really minor. Maybe a new feature? Or adding something that was going to be DLC into the main game in response to people moaning about it being too short?

I'd imagine it might just be a month for them to work on bug fixes. Can't imagine they're trying to jam anything new in there at this stage.

I'm really disappointed but at least it looks like it will be good, and extra time for polish is only a bonus. I'd rather a month more waiting than to have it released really needing a patch. 

• Empathy 1

12 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

What bothers me about that isn't waiting longer to play the thing, but the fact that there's now even less time between this coming out and P5 Royal's release on March 31st. I'm fucked. :lol: 

And it's now a week after Resi 3 and a week before Cyberpunk. That's a shame.

• Upvote 1

Just watched a demo play through, graphically it looks amazing but the actual fighting? Looks really meh. Like hold Square and watch levels of meh

I also booked time off @cohen205. Just cancelled it though and will probably book time off for Animal Crossing instead.

Holidays reset in April, just in time for Cyberpunk and Final Fantasy and my birthday!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, carlospie said:

Just watched a demo play through, graphically it looks amazing but the actual fighting? Looks really meh. Like hold Square and watch levels of meh

Well it is being made by 'Square' - Enix

Also, i think the fighting looks pretty good for a RPG. Plus its not just about the combat, its about being in familiar locations, with characters you love, listening to music that you cherish.

• Empathy 1

6 hours ago, carlospie said:

You mean like RPG turn based battles ?  ( there’s more to do Than that ; I played the demo at egx , think ffvx) 

anyway why do you care , you just watch games being streamed as opposed to playing them don’t you ? Watching things unfold should suit you down to the ground. ! 

34 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

You mean like RPG turn based battles ?  ( there’s more to do Than that ; I played the demo at egx , think ffvx) 

anyway why do you care , you just watch games being streamed as opposed to playing them don’t you ? Watching things unfold should suit you down to the ground. ! 

Is it like FFXV where you hold square to attack, or do you press square for each attack? (tap instead of hold)

There is, yes. And the combat in FFXV was surprisingly good, so I've got a lot of hope that this'll be similar. But as people say it's not about the combat, it's about Don Corneo's swinging 4K dick. Roll on April. 

• Upvote 1

The wording of delay announcement :lol: If it was a Western company they would have mentioned taking care of the staff.

Do we know yet at what point this game ends? Everyone just presumes it's at the point you reach the top of Shinra and are shortly after introduced to the overworld for the first time?

28 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Do we know yet at what point this game ends? Everyone just presumes it's at the point you reach the top of Shinra and are shortly after introduced to the overworld for the first time?

Spoiler

Motorway escape. They've added a final boss so it's not Motorball.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

they should end it when you come accross that big fucking snake that sephiroff crucified with the lightning in the background. Proper badass

This would have been perfect.

What better way to end the chapter than showing just how badass sephiroth is.