IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Keyboard Koala

Screen Rant gave the PC port 5/5:

Square Enix did an amazing job with the port of FF7 Remake on PC. The game runs like a dream and can exceed the console versions in terms of visuals and performance, with a beefy PC. 

On the other hand, Digital Foundry say:

This is literally the worst AAA release I have seen on PC in a good long time. I humbly submit that no one should buy it.

On 11/12/2021 at 08:01, Mogster said:

The price is ridiculous, but 7R is at least a 40 hour game even without the Intergrade stuff. It's greatly expanded compared to that section of the original.

And by this we mean a 30 hour game of which literally 10 hours are cutscenes. And probably another couple of hours of gameplay that is either literally just run down corridor between cut scenes or "Walking along while a conversation happens that might as well have been a cutscene".

I enjoyed it like but it's tiny by FF standards.

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Forever hoping for an Xbox port...was delighted to see it got a PC port and then less than delighted when I saw the price tag. 

Get fucked Epic Games store. 

*if* it ever comes to Xbox, big chance it will be on game pass. Which is honestly the right price

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

*if* it ever comes to Xbox, big chance it will be on game pass. Which is honestly the right price

Yeah it's an odd one, I'd heard that there was a lot of filler. Increasingly tempted to just watch a playthrough on YT tbh. If Xbox gets a port like 2-3 years after original release, I'm not sure I cba waiting for the rest of the episodes lol.

Because the PS4 to 5 upgrade was free?

Eurogamer are still reporting it as free; maybe they just haven't had the update yet. 

PlayStation Plus subscribers who previously redeemed a digital copy of Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version from Wednesday at no extra cost.

The enhanced version released in June and was a free upgrade for paid owners of the game, but not for players who scored their copy through PlayStation Plus.

6 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The game was easily worth £49.99 when it released on PS4, and I would be hard pressed to say it wasn't worth that now. Epic prices? Never. But to say Game Pass is the right price is a disservice to the game. 

It is brilliant. Who cares if it is 30-40 hours long. The "filler" that is story content, is excellent. 

2 hours ago, Varsity said:

Yeah it's an odd one, I'd heard that there was a lot of filler. Increasingly tempted to just watch a playthrough on YT tbh. If Xbox gets a port like 2-3 years after original release, I'm not sure I cba waiting for the rest of the episodes lol.

Don’t ruin it for yourself, it’s a great game with some really satisfying combat. Just wait if you don’t want to get a PlayStation. I’m sure it will come eventually.

Maybe a big E3 reveal. 

11 minutes ago, Radish said:

Eurogamer are still reporting it as free; maybe they just haven't had the update yet. 

Isn't it that the PS5 upgrade of FFVII Remake is free but the Yuffie DLC is 25% off if you want to buy that?

7 minutes ago, Radish said:

Only the PS5 upgrade (Intergrade) is free, the DLC (Intermission) has always been paid for and PS5 only (and now Windows). They were released/announced at the same time so maybe that's where the confusion comes from

2 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

The game was easily worth £49.99 when it released on PS4, and I would be hard pressed to say it wasn't worth that now. Epic prices? Never. But to say Game Pass is the right price is a disservice to the game. 

It is brilliant. Who cares if it is 30-40 hours long. The "filler" that is story content, is excellent. 

Eh, it's the very definition on marmite and your enjoyment depends on your own tolerance for (spoiler, don't click until you've played it) 

Spoiler

Kingdom Hearts style nonsense

which I personally can't stand. Trying it on Game Pass is a safer way of seeing which side of the fence you'll fall.

20 minutes ago, Radish said:

The upgrade is free and always was.  The free upgrade is being opened up to those without PS+ from Wednesday.

The DLC is chargeable and always was, and will be discounted from Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Only the PS5 upgrade (Intergrade)

Nope, Intergrade is the marketing name being given to the bundle of both game+DLC.

Note that when you run the game its title screen doesn't have the word Intergrade included, nor is the word Intergrade printed on the physical disc of the PS5 version.)

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Eh, it's the very definition on marmite and your enjoyment depends on your own tolerance for (spoiler, don't click until you've played it) 

Reveal hidden contents

Kingdom Hearts style nonsense

I agree if you do not think it's for you, wait for gamepass or a sale, absolutely. 

Maybe I read your comment incorrectly, I just took it as, everyone wait for Game Pass. Those who are wanting what it is offering however, 50 quid is value for the experience.