Jump to content
IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake


Keyboard Koala
 Share

Recommended Posts

But the upgrade isn't free?

8 minutes ago, Triple A said:

The upgrade is free and always was.  The free upgrade is being opened up to those without PS+ from Wednesday.

The DLC is chargeable and always was, only now at a discount.

From the link above

 

Quote

Correction: A previous version of this post mistakenly said the upgrade from PS4 to PS5 is free. Players must pay for the upgrade. Square Enix hasn’t specified pricing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Eh, it's the very definition on marmite and your enjoyment depends on your own tolerance for (spoiler, don't click until you've played it) 

  Reveal hidden contents

Kingdom Hearts style nonsense

which I personally can't stand. Trying it on Game Pass is a safer way of seeing which side of the fence you'll fall.


It was one of the highest-rated games of the year. Sure there might be some people that didn’t like it, but you’re making it sound like it got a mixed reception or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It was one of the highest rated games of the year. Sure there might be some people that didn’t like it but you’re making it sound like it got a mixed reception or something. 

 

It was also fifth in our forum's GOTY poll. :wub: 

 

I can agree that the story gets pretty daft where it doesn't need to, but it's a Final Fantasy game and I'm hardly expecting sophisticated narrative anyway :P - at the same time, the story's direction seems way more interesting to me than a 1:1 retelling would be, because I already played that game in '97. Obviously I'm still cautious because we won't see the general trajectory of the story until the next game(s), but at the moment I don't think that the nebulous ending is worth the fan-rage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

*if* it ever comes to Xbox, big chance it will be on game pass. Which is honestly the right price

There's more chance of me being woken up tomorrow morning by Boris Johnson biting the middle toe on my right foot than there is of any possible Xbox version of this launching into GamePass. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, bear said:

There's more chance of me being woken up tomorrow morning by Boris Johnson biting the middle toe on my right foot than there is of any possible Xbox version of this launching into GamePass. 

 

 

I said *if* it comes to Xbox at all, which is a big IF. But if it does, it's exactly the kind of title that Microsoft would go after. And given that literally every other FF title came to Game Pass, and also DQ11* (itself a huge title) launched day one on game pass, and that it's an older title by the time it comes to Xbox, I have to assume that you think there's a pretty good chance Boris is going to drop by tomorrow morning.

 

*DQ Builders 2 was also day one on game pass now that I think about it. Seems like there's a good relationship there and that Squeenix doesn't say no to easy/guaranteed money, eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:


It was one of the highest-rated games of the year. Sure there might be some people that didn’t like it, but you’re making it sound like it got a mixed reception or something. 

 

I consider myself a hardcore Final Fantasy 7 fan. For several years after it was released I'd replay it every year. I love FF7 Remake. My partner is new to the franchise and fell in love with Remake. Played it through a dozen times (I'm not kidding) and it was the gateway drug that got her into FF14.

 

However I remember reading here and hearing on podcasts lots of mixed takes on it. Some loved it, some loathed it. It's The Last Jedi of videogames. I think the only thing we can all agree on is just how good it looks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

 

I consider myself a hardcore Final Fantasy 7 fan. For several years after it was released I'd replay it every year. I love FF7 Remake. My partner is new to the franchise and fell in love with Remake. Played it through a dozen times (I'm not kidding) and it was the gateway drug that got her into FF14.

 

However I remember reading here and hearing on podcasts lots of mixed takes on it. Some loved it, some loathed it. It's The Last Jedi of videogames. I think the only thing we can all agree on is just how good it looks.


That’s a stretch. I remember it was more like a very vocal minority going on and on. One of which laboured the point so much they basically got told they had to leave the thread. Just like the Last Jedi now you mention it.
 

But that was here, in the wider world it’s nowhere near as divisive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

But the upgrade isn't free?

From the link above

 

 

See my earlier post; I am totally correct.
To recap;

The Upgrade (to PS5 version with better graphics/higher framerate, photo mode etc.) Is Free (to those who got the PS+ version of the game, from Wednesday.  Those who bought the game outside the earlier PS+ promotion, can upgrade for free already and could since the release of the PS5 version of the game.).

The DLC (INTERmission featuring Yuffie) is chargeable (and will be sold at 25% off from Wednesday).

 

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps-plus-upgrade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PS4-PS5 FREE

 

How much clearer can this be LOL

 

We’re delighted to let you know that that active PS Plus subscribers who claimed the game can upgrade to the PS5 version at no extra cost from December 22, 2021.

 

INTERGRADE = DLC - NOT FREE

 

You are welcome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re 

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

PS4-PS5 FREE

 

How much clearer can this be LOL

 

We’re delighted to let you know that that active PS Plus subscribers who claimed the game can upgrade to the PS5 version at no extra cost from December 22, 2021.

 

INTERGRADE = DLC - NOT FREE

 

You are welcome

Close but no cigar.

The name of the DLC is INTERmission, not INTERGRADE.  INTERGRADE is the marketing name given to the bundle of both (PS5 game + INTERmission DLC).

But yeah - upgrade is free, DLC is chargeable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Re 

Close but no cigar.

The name of the DLC is INTERmission, not INTERGRADE.  INTERGRADE is the marketing name given to the bundle of both (PS5 game + INTERmission DLC).

But yeah - upgrade is free, DLC is chargeable.

I'm not intending to be accurate - I'm just clarifying that for it to be intergrade it means having the dlc for it to be intergrade and to stop getting confused. Who cares about the naming. It's been obvious the upgrade to the PS5 version of FFVII remake is free for ps plus owners of the game a few times and yet look at the last page lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I said *if* it comes to Xbox at all, which is a big IF. But if it does, it's exactly the kind of title that Microsoft would go after. And given that literally every other FF title came to Game Pass, and also DQ11* (itself a huge title) launched day one on game pass, and that it's an older title by the time it comes to Xbox, I have to assume that you think there's a pretty good chance Boris is going to drop by tomorrow morning.

 

*DQ Builders 2 was also day one on game pass now that I think about it. Seems like there's a good relationship there and that Squeenix doesn't say no to easy/guaranteed money, eh?

My toes are still intact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.