Jump to content
IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake


Keyboard Koala
 Share

Recommended Posts

I searched for it and found it in the PS store (via console), but when I clicked on it it only gave me a "wishlist" option.

Then I used the handy pull down to change "game" to a duplicate listing that also said "game" and a download option appeared.

 

I think it's downloading, can't be sure though till it's done. Good old Sony, clear as mud.

 

edit - Does anyone know if the saved game will carry on? I sort of gave up on this but I fancy getting back into it over Christmas and don't want to have to redo the time I put into it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cubik said:

I searched for it and found it in the PS store (via console), but when I clicked on it it only gave me a "wishlist" option.

Then I used the handy pull down to change "game" to a duplicate listing that also said "game" and a download option appeared.

 

Haha, ditto. I went to my FF7R install, selected 'go to product page', selected the three dots icon then picked 'Upgrade for PS4 users' (PS5 owners shurely?) then changed the dropdown to from from 'Game' to 'Game' and then Add to Library, then was able to select download. Great UX!

 

Still, snark aside, pumped to get this now as it was going to be my Xmas game anyway. And as I have already played the first few chapters I will be able to see the improvements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, cubik said:

I searched for it and found it in the PS store (via console), but when I clicked on it it only gave me a "wishlist" option.

Then I used the handy pull down to change "game" to a duplicate listing that also said "game" and a download option appeared.

 

I think it's downloading, can't be sure though till it's done. Good old Sony, clear as mud.

 

edit - Does anyone know if the saved game will carry on? I sort of gave up on this but I fancy getting back into it over Christmas and don't want to have to redo the time I put into it.

 

 

I think you need to load up the PS4 version first and upload your save

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't tried turn-based with the normal difficulty. My issue with its original implementation was that the AI actions (between your "turns") were too good, and came a bit too close to feeling like the game was playing itself. Maybe the added normal difficulty balances things out a bit more though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/12/2021 at 02:42, PikaStu said:

Ooh now we’re talking. Thank you!

 

New version is out, if you got it working.  I'm not 100% what it fixes though...I can't tell much difference on the comparison screenshot?  I'm not going to bother, as my v1 fix (on 3440*14440) looks amazing. Only issues are stretched CGI, but I'm not arsed about that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I quite fancy trying this now I can upgrade the PS4 game for free. As someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game, what sorts of games is this similar to?

 

It's just an action JRPG. Depending on if you've played one of those before that'll mean either nothing or everything to you! Definitely worth a go though as it's so polished - if you ever wanted an intro to the genre you aren't going to get better than this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I think I’ll definitely give it a go seeing as it was free on PS Plus. Mass Effect is about as RPG as I get, is it more intricate than that or more along the Dark Souls line?


It melds elements of the FF VII battle system - the ATB gauge, to be precise - with a real-time system that has you moving and attacking at will (although moving and battlefield placement doesn’t affect the outcome of the battle). As you attack, you fill your ATB gauge, which allows you to use special, more powerful attacks, techniques and magic. You control one character at a time, and can switch between the others by pressing a button - useful if, for example, you want to make use of Aerith’s healing techniques - and they fight automatically when you’re not directly controlling them. 
 

Then there’s the Material system, which adds extra layers of strategy. It’s quite frantic at first, but works rather well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I think I’ll definitely give it a go seeing as it was free on PS Plus. Mass Effect is about as RPG as I get, is it more intricate than that or more along the Dark Souls line?

 

Actually Mass Effect is a decent enough comparison as far as the real time battle system goes. Mostly real time, but you can pause/slow to do abilities on a cool down. It's only superficially like a souls game as although you are swinging big swords it's all tied to stats far more than raw skill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The modding community has certainly helped improve it, but for £60 it comes off as a quick cash-grab. 


Apart from some horrible stuttering in cutscenes, it’s been a pleasant experience so far, although I think nostalgia is contributing to that a fair bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/12/2021 at 14:02, SozzlyJoe said:

 

Still, snark aside, pumped to get this now as it was going to be my Xmas game anyway. And as I have already played the first few chapters I will be able to see the improvements.

 

Narrator: He was not able to see the improvements

 

I mean, I shouldn't underplay the boost to 60fps, obviously. But I'd have been miffed if I paid full whack for it instead of playing the PS4 version!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have no idea how to get this working.

 

I have:

 

* PS Plus version

* PS4 Disc version

* Already paid for PS5 upgrade + INTERmission

 

Everything I can see already says purchased or installed but every time I go to play it wants the PS4 disc inserting - which ideally I'd like to get rid of. 

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Crhis said:

Have no idea how to get this working.

 

I have:

 

* PS Plus version

* PS4 Disc version

* Already paid for PS5 upgrade + INTERmission

 

Everything I can see already says purchased or installed but every time I go to play it wants the PS4 disc inserting - which ideally I'd like to get rid of. 

 

Any ideas?

 

Unfortunately, redeeming a plus game doesn't convert the same game installed from disc. Uninstall it and download the plus version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing this on my PS4 Pro over the holidays and while it's a superb experience at times, it shows how games such as Witcher 3 have spoiled the genre for me. Up until chapter 6/7 FF7 Remake is stunningly fast-paced - and then the filler content really starts to show. Why are there fetch quests in a 2020/2021 game? Pulling levers in tandem - seriously? Why is the dialogue still childish on many occassions? Why characters that appear one or two times only and don't serve ANY purpose? Sure, there are individual elements in this game (battle system e.g.) that are superb - as a whole it's just not on par with Witcher 3 though.

 

The initial setting (eco terrorists) is still great though and IMO the Remake does a great job in sticking to its original source but modifying it in sensible ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started the DLC and I’ve got to say, it’s great to be back in this world again. It really is a great game - it looks great, the mechanics are satisfying and the characters are very warmly drawn, enjoyable company to be in. 
 

And the Fort Condor mini game is a nice addition too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/12/2021 at 16:40, alex3d said:

Playing this on my PS4 Pro over the holidays and while it's a superb experience at times, it shows how games such as Witcher 3 have spoiled the genre for me. Up until chapter 6/7 FF7 Remake is stunningly fast-paced - and then the filler content really starts to show. Why are there fetch quests in a 2020/2021 game? Pulling levers in tandem - seriously? Why is the dialogue still childish on many occassions? Why characters that appear one or two times only and don't serve ANY purpose? Sure, there are individual elements in this game (battle system e.g.) that are superb - as a whole it's just not on par with Witcher 3 though.

 

The initial setting (eco terrorists) is still great though and IMO the Remake does a great job in sticking to its original source but modifying it in sensible ways.

 

Similar for me. I absolutely loved the opening, the nostalgia overload was overwhelming, and the game looks fantastic, but it's just so linear and by numbers. I also hate how every conversation is 4 times longer than it needs to be, but that's just JRPGs, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.