rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Does this mean that they will cut out the part where Cloud batters Aeris in the temple of the ancients, or where Cid is a complete prick to Shera?

1 minute ago, cohen205 said:

Does this mean that they will cut out the part where Cloud batters Aeris in the temple of the ancients, or where Cid is a complete prick to Shera?

There's no way it'll ever get that far - Part 7 - Temple of the Ancients and Gongaga!

Plus they can't cut out Nanakis story as it'll deprive of us this

I think the battle system looks great and I love what they've done with it.  The Midgar bit of the original is some of the best stuff of the game and I'm sure whatever this game will be, I'm gonna love. Just that if you call it Final Fantasy 7 remake, you remake the whole game. I don't want to be in my 40s waiting for the whole game to come out.

2 minutes ago, wev said:

Plus they can't cut out Nanakis story as it'll deprive of us this

If this song isnt in the game... then i'm Ducan Bannatyne

So the 2 Bluray discs mentioned seem to come with the intial version, meaning they both only cover Midgar.

We're also presumably going to have a weird situation where the game starts on current gen hardware and continues on next gen.

I keep thinking how weird it is that the in-game graphics are now better than both the pre-rendered sequences in the original and maybe even in the Advent Children film thingy.

• Upvote 1

So we are getting a butchered version of the game. WTF were they thinking no-one wanted this! Surely?

I'd bet money they ditch this after the 2nd episode does not sell.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Broker said:

I’m very excited, but how long is this game going to be? If it’s two discs worth of Midgar who long does it take to complete? How much will it cost? When’s the next part?

I think the how much will it cost is a fairly important thing here seeing as it's essentially going to be episodic.  Are we going to be charged Episodic game prices or are they going to charge full price/30 ish.    That would be insane if they did. 

3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I bet full price

Hmm.  Fingers crossed it's not.  I never clicked with the game originally.  I'm playing through it on Switch at the moment but sheeesh.  I won't be paying full price for each episode. 

I mean who wou..image.png.4f1aabae766721851c125b3c220ff96b.png

oh.   right.

I don't think both of those blurays mentioned will be all midgar, from the squeenix conference it seemed like more than that so maybe kalm too. 

I get the feeling that the "episodes" will not involve any over world stuff at all though and you'll just teleport to each major section this episode will be about via cutscene.

Looked a lot better from the new footage shown but I'd still rather they hadn't gone quite so crazy on the remastering.

It's going to be fifty, maybe even sixty quid, and millions of mugs are going to buy it. Including me probably.

34 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I think the how much will it cost is a fairly important thing here seeing as it's essentially going to be episodic.  Are we going to be charged Episodic game prices or are they going to charge full price/30 ish.    That would be insane if they did. 

I can’t see the later episodes getting any smaller or cheaper to make, unless the entire episodic game is now going from reactor to reactor each episode in Midgar as I assumed when I first started playing the original version. 

It’s coming for your HDD, your bank account and the mental health of everyone at Squeenix.

• Upvote 1

I think anyone trying to glean insights in to this by referring back to the story and structure of the original game is going to drive them self crazy. You will not be able to intuit anything from what stage of FF7 gave you the first summon materia. I am very confident this will be much closer to a reboot than a straight remake.

10 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

The near-constant quipping is so fucking annoying. Why is this so common now?

• Upvote 2

FF VII was one of the defining games from the PS1 gen. I'm really hyped for this. And from what we've been shown I think the game and the new combat system both look amazing.

I only hope there won't be as much cut content as people seem to be assuming.

• Upvote 2

The first entry in a multi-part saga, delivering a level of depth inconceivable for the original.

£60 per part! Nah I'm out.

Yeah, this looks like it's become a collection of full price games more than a collection of 'episodes'. Probably spanning multiple generations at this rate!

If they're treating every little encounter and boss fight as some epic OTT-anime action cinematic event like with the scorpion encounter, then it's no wonder the project has ballooned out of control.

The boss fight demo just looks tedious, sadly. Chip-chip-chip away before you can do anything interesting or tactical, thereby making each attack seem weak and pathetic? Meh.

Midgar has never looked better, admittedly, and as a place you want to explore, it's a pretty damned good 'hook'. I love the look of it, and the scale is immense. So, beyond Midgar, the draw for the sequel would have to be its open world (of mostly plains, forests and smaller towns). But then would you never return to Midgar like you do in the original? Would multiple games feature the same world map?

This projects seems insane from the outset, yet apparently somebody thought it was a good idea so, who knows, maybe it'll turn out alright? :blink:

I'm the biggest FF7 whore there is but even I would feel disgusting paying £180+ for a remake of my favourite game.  Of course I'm gonna pre-order this one but if it's only just Midgar spread across two discs then Square Enix can go fuck themselves.

• Upvote 1

I feel so torn. I adore FF7, but Square are trying their hardest to rip my heart into tiny little shreds.

Dont get me wrong, i am feeling quite optimistic, after the latest trailer, but its going to be a long time to until you finally face Sephiroth.... maybe PS7 launch title?

I have no issue paying the money (assuming the quality is there). What does bother me is we are almost certainly going to end up in a Shenmue situation, where a multipart game is promised, and then the plug is pulled after part 2 because sales. It's a catch 22.

• Upvote 1