rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Man, this remake is just a thing of beauty. Makes me want to wander through the whole thing, just to take in the atmosphere. Truth is I've always done that in the FF games from VII onwards. Imo, you miss out so much when you just try to rush through all the beautifully rendered locales. Same with From's games.

I regret ordering the premium 1st class edition even less now. 

EDIT: Just noticed the payment's been made last week, so that means I'm getting one :D

Now there's a hole in my wallet staring back at me...

chocobo-chick-summon-ff7remake-wiki-guid

• Upvote 3

Yeah they have taken payment for mine as well. Seems a bit early, taking payment 3-4 weeks before it is due though? I wondered what the hell was going on when my bank temporarily cancelled my card because of suspicious activity and it turned out to be Square making a massive hole in my bank balance (ordered the 1st class edition here as well :) )

• Upvote 1

I’ve gone for the deluxe edition from Game, which was about £80 I think, so not quite as mad.  But I’m a bit nervous about whether or when it will arrive, I mean, good Friday is a bank holiday!  I really want that soundtrack CD though :wub:

I wonder if there’s any chance it will arrive on the 9th...

Amazon US are advising customers no known delivery now for physical editions due to their crackdown on non essential deliveries.

I think I may ditch my physical edition after all, had ordered through Game but meh.

Yeah, i just got some PSN credit for this. Who knows what state the shops will be on April 10th.

I already put down a £5 deposit in game, but i can take the hit.

Midgar will be carnage, Vincent has gone into self isolation in the nibelheim mansion

• Upvote 2

On 05/03/2020 at 06:21, RubberJohnny said:

There aren’t any side quests or new areas of Midgar, like the whole games script leaked already - I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Adds Some Entirely New Areas to Midgar

(posted March 18th, 2pm)

At this point it's not exactly a surprise, but Final Fantasy VII Remake will introduce players to some entirely new areas inside Midgar. With the game taking place exclusively within the city's walls, Square Enix has had to expand the location significantly. Not only are places from the original title being fleshed out, but whole new sections of Midgar will be yours to explore.

Director Tetsuya Nomura explains in a recent developer video: "I thought it would be good to open up some of the locations, so players could explore more of those places that they wanted to see when they played the original. People wanted to go into this building or see that facility. So I think you will get even more of a feel for Midgar than you did the first time."

In fact, one of these new locations has only just been revealed. The game's latest screenshots show off a place called the Corneo Colosseum -- Don Corneo's own fighting arena.

It'll be interesting to see just how big Midgar is in Final Fantasy VII Remake. We already know that the city won't be totally open, but here's hoping that it isn't just a series of super linear corridors, either. "In Final Fantasy VII Remake you can’t go everywhere in the city, but the area you can walk around in has expanded a lot," says Nomura.

PushSquare

I'm not saying they're wrong, or RJ's wrong (it's likely I won't be getting the game on day one, so I'll just wait for all of the player feedback...) but it's an interesting update to the ongoing conversation over additional areas. :) 

I suspect they intend to add a fighting pit of sorts to each part so you have somewhere to grind. The original's Gold Saucer arena will do the job in part...36?

2 hours ago, Parappa said:

Price match digital. Job done 

Considering the circumstances this would really suck if they didn't.

What if you’ve already bought it. A big lump went down my throat earlier as I clicked ‘preorder’ and saw the sum of £59.99. 

If you pre-order digitally, can you also pre-load? 

I was going to go physical because of the rumored 100GB install, but cannot leave the house in the foreseable future. 

A new interview appeared online yesterday: https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview

Oh, and there are new bits in Shinra HQ:

To explain more about why we did not make Red XIII a playable character in this game, we felt that because he only joins the team during the latter stages, having him as a playable ally with full character growth potential would not be a satisfying experience for the player. So we decided to have him join for now, as a guest character instead.

However, the development team feel the same way that the fans do when it comes to seeing Red XIII as an important character, and we designed his gameplay in a special way to offset him not being playable in battle.

I won’t reveal exactly what that entails, because I want people to enjoy it when they actually play the game, but I will say that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE has added a new upper floor to the Shinra Building to present a climax that was not in the original.

The key to navigating this floor lies in using Red XIII’s unique physical abilities to overcome environmental obstacles. Letting the player experience his heroics in this way is something that I’m confident will please the fans.

I hope everyone enjoys seeing Red XIII in action in the build-up to the climax of the story.

On 05/03/2020 at 06:21, RubberJohnny said:

There aren’t any side quests or new areas of Midgar, like the whole games script leaked already - I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I played through the demo a third time on a whim. The combat is definitely going to be agreeable in the whole game but I still really don’t like this as a tutorial. But what caught my attention this time was the ability to turn off the character voices completely. The game actually works fine that way, and you can manually skip through non-cut-scene dialogue a line at a time. It also really highlights how great the dynamic score is. There are no cuts when you move from the field to a cut scene to a battle or whatever; it just changes mood really smoothly. Really in to what they’re doing.

• Upvote 3

tl;dr: EU and AUS are getting it early, no spoilers pls!

2 minutes ago, meatbin said:

So this means that UK retailers will get their stock earlier? 

they already have it.

(FF7 team shipping to the America’s now.)

Got this from Game today

image.png.a0a3d029a5d32660a141925fee22ab82.png

Is this standard practice for them?  I was toying with the idea of cancelling my physical edition even though I really want the deluxe set, but this gives me hope.  Especially knowing it's probably in the UK already now.

they always do that iirc.

doesn't mean you'll get it earlier than the 10th though

GAME are just desperate for the cash today, before the end of the tax year.

Are Game switching in store preorders to online ones?

I've not pre-ordered it but wondering how their stores being closed will affect sales.