rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Final Fantasy VII Remake

My deluxe edition from Game has arrived and is installing.

There's two discs  - one says data disc, one says game disc, and there's 48GB or thereabouts copying over from the data disc just now.

• Upvote 2

For anyone who does have it, can they tell us if it’s really good? Nothing else, I just need to know if it’s good.

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Mine's just arrived via DPD. No tracking or shipping info so I had no idea what it was at first. Hopefully you get yours today as well  

LZCE0M.gif

"Not a sign... "

Er, have people seen the spoilers?

Spoiler

This spoils the ending, do not click if you're someone excitedly waiting for this game.

Spoiler

It actually takes place in an alternate universe and Sephiroth is trying to change the timeline, the main characters come to realise this and will takes steps to change things themselves, Zack lives as a result of this. It's not actually a remake, and they're not obligated to remake the rest of the game after Midgar.

Nomuurraaa!

• Upvote 2

I got this early and been playing this a lot today. It's far too early for me to give the game a verdict but to be honest, once I got past the smoke and mirrors I'm actually not feeling this game at all. 

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but FF7 was my favourite game of all times since its release and all the way until Breath of the Wild was released. I was certain this remake would retake the throne but now I'm quite sure it wont. From what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if this scores over 85% on meta. Among purists/fans of the original, I'm afraid it will struggle to score above the 75% mark :( 

• Empathy 1

11 minutes ago, Rayn said:

I got this early and been playing this a lot today. It's far too early for me to give the game a verdict but to be honest, once I got past the smoke and mirrors I'm actually not feeling this game at all. 

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but FF7 was my favourite game of all times since its release and all the way until Breath of the Wild was released. I was certain this remake would retake the throne but now I'm quite sure it wont. From what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if this scores over 85% on meta. Among purists/fans of the original, I'm afraid it will struggle to score above the 75% mark :( 

Tell me more. This and the above post make me sad

12 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Tell me more. This and the above post make me sad

Check your PM 

53 minutes ago, Rayn said:

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but FF7 was my favourite game of all times since its release and all the way until Breath of the Wild was released. I was certain this remake would retake the throne but now I'm quite sure it wont. From what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if this scores over 85% on meta. Among purists/fans of the original, I'm afraid it will struggle to score above the 75% mark 

Did you play the demo?

Yes. And that made me think it was a proper remake.

I've played about 4 hours and agree nothing is as good as the demo so far. Not going to pass judgment beyond that yet.

Slightly concerning is I seem to have about 25% of the trophies already.

You can imagine the square meeting

' err boss, feedback from Q A is that this game is actually a teeny bit shit. They love the reactor but after that, it's a no go' 

' Launch it early' 

'but boss, what about corona' 

' launch it early dam it! And release a demo of the only bit we spent the last15 years making, thatl teach em!' 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

Check your PM 

Can you share the contents of that PM please?

• Upvote 1

Did anyone hear of that Dragon Quest movie that was an adaptation of the most popular old game in the series and the unpopular direction it ended up going in?

If you want to know why people are upset without spoiling yourself, look up a synopsis of that.

36 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Can you share the contents of that PM please?

I'd be curious too

Still loving it, tho I have a high tolerance for Square.

However, minor spoilers...

Spoiler

This has a lot of extra padding and new stuff, if you are expecting a blow by blow remake this ain't it, but if you actually think about that how could it ever be.

I have really enjoyed what I played tonight spending more time with all these loved characters and getting to grips with the combat.

• Upvote 3

They've been saying from the start it's not a straight remake though, right? Nobody should have been expecting this to be beat-for-beat when the game director has been openly talking about all the added content, surely? 

11 minutes ago, Dan chambers said:

Anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

6th April

If what Rubberjohnny suggests pans out and...

Spoiler

...they leave it at that. Wow, that'll sure put some noses out of joint! Maybe explains why they left PART I off the cover?

4 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

6th April

Reveal hidden contents

...they leave it at that. Wow, that'll sure put some noses out of joint! Maybe explains why they left PART I off the cover?

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT. If they'd have the stones to do that :angry: :angry:

8 hours ago, Number 28 said:

6th April

Spoiler

ending spoilers do not click

Spoiler

It ends with

gkz4XIz.png

There was always something fishy about the FF7 having the word remake in the title when none of the other remakes have remake in the title.

The Remake in the title doesn't refer to this being a remake of the ps1 game, it refers to Sepiroth trying to Remake the world in this new timeline.

Nomura always said he didn't want to do an FF7 Remake, so it's going to be his AU, and they're already foreshadowing Aeris surviving.

• Upvote 1

I only know this game in passing, I never played it. But even I know if Rubber Johnny is right then holy fucking shit.

• Upvote 2

Honestly I can barely remember what happened in the original in Midgar, so do you think that for people with crap memories or brand new players it will be better?