Sea of Thieves - Season 4 23.09.21 - Club in first post

mechamonkey

@mechamonkey me and Mini Booth will be playing from 7.30 tonight for a couple of hours if you want to help me train him?

I really want to see the new update and also explore some of the things that are 'new' to me such as emissaries etc.

Otherwise, we should be able to arrange some time over the weekend.

10 hours ago, Paul3704 said:

My daughter and I teamed up with Ravon tonight for a game... and we learned so much!

It's a much deeper game than we thought, and we both really enjoyed it (and made fuckloads of cash).

Thanks for the guidance, we kind of know what we're doing finally!

Was a pleasure and both of you got to grips with everything really quickly..

And decent amount of gold to enjoy, can’t wait till later when the update is live will definitely be sailing later.

14 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

@mechamonkey me and Mini Booth will be playing from 7.30 tonight for a couple of hours if you want to help me train him?

I really want to see the new update and also explore some of the things that are 'new' to me such as emissaries etc.

Otherwise, we should be able to arrange some time over the weekend.

I'd better start planning what to wear :)

38 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Why would you leave your sails facing forward if you're going into the wind out of interest? 

It wouldn't work in reality, you'd have to zig zag (tacking) with a real boat, but I assume they thought it wouldn't be fun to make people do that.

Yup, saved my ass many a time when I’ve been in a sloop, let my guard down and been jumped by a galleon of ne’er do wells. Raise those sails, head straight into the wind and they won’t be able to catch you.

I’ve been playing this a lot recently and am looking forward to checking out the Season Pass this weekend. 

Feel free to add me: PinholeStar

Can show people the ropes if you’re not sure how it all works too :)

1 hour ago, ravon said:

Squaring the sails in the sloop when running into the wind will out run a brig or galleon 

This. It shouldnt work but does.
If you are on a sloop and being attacked, square your sails and sail right into the wind, you will out run the big guys

I would like to get in on this. Tried playing it when it first came out and didnt have a clue what to do and had no one to play with. 

Its 60fps on SX now right?

Edit: This info is now the first post of the thread.

I have now set up an Xbox club for this.

"We Shall Fail Together"

If we all join then it will be easy to set up a session in the chat or check the Roster to see who is on and pop them a message.

To Join
On the Xbox:

Press the Xbox Button to open the guide then then select People > Clubs > Discover clubs > Find a Club and search for "We Shall Fail Together"

On the Xbox Console Companion App (Win 10)
Click the Clubs icon on the left side
Click find a club at the top and search for "We Shall Fail Together"

Once you have requested an invite an admin will send you the invite to the club which you need to accept.

tFgwRKz.png

12 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Anyone want to set up an Xbox club or something to make arranging easier?

Edit: Gimme a few mins I'll set one up
Edit: #2  Names! Any suggestions for the club name? 

We shall fail together? etc

Arrrllmuk

edit- just missed it. How do I join a club?

16 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

This. It shouldnt work but does.
If you are on a sloop and being attacked, square your sails and sail right into the wind, you will out run the big guys

What's the deal with this? I'm presuming it's intentional on Rare's part.

Also I'd have gone with Failing the Seven Seas.

26 minutes ago, Janski said:

Yes (I think it is anyway). Its really smooth on the SX and there a lovely FOV slider in the Options now too :)

That slider was always there I think???

27 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Ok Club has been set up.

"We Shall Fail Together"

If we all join then it will be easy to set up a session in the chat or check the Roster to see who is on and pop them a message.

To Join
On the Xbox:

Press the Xbox Button to open the guide then then select People > Clubs > Discover clubs > Find a Club and search for "We Shall Fail Together"

On the Xbox Console Companion App (Win 10)
Click the Clubs icon on the left side
Click find a club at the top and search for "We Shall Fail Together"

Request sent! :D

Request to join club sent.

Had a good first session with the season pass today just sailing solo. Fortunately it was a peaceful server and I formed an alliance with another crew and ended up raking in a lot of rep and gold while also doing one of the Tall Tales.

Ranked up 6 or so levels on the pass too, which seems fairly easy to make your way through. You get XP that contributes to it for doing just about everything, which means that those sessions when you get fucked over and make zero progress are now a thing of the past. First day issues with the servers meant that the renown screen would often be unavailable but it all seemed to count in the background and would update periodically.

It’s added a more visible and immediate sense of progression just by playing the game however you choose and there’s a whole load of smaller commendation goals to chase that can give you bigger boosts of XP too. It’s good stuff and now’s the ideal time to jump into one of the most riotously fun games around if you haven’t before.

• mechamonkey changed the title to Sea of Thieves - Season 4 23.09.21 - Club in first post