IGNORED

Sea of Thieves - The Forsaken Hunter: June 30th - July 14th

mechamonkey

Last night, I did the penultimate POTC Tall Tale, Dark Brethren.

I'll spoiler this for anyone who hasn't done it yet, but something towards the beginning of this is possibly my favourite non-player moment in the game so far.

Spoiler

Sliding down the water slide inside the fortress into the cavern to find the Flying Dutchman was incredible.  Taken exactly from the very best part of The Goonies - I fucking loved it :lol:

The Coral Fortress itself looks fantastic - particularly inside.  

Certainly my favourite Tall Tale so far - one left to do.  Hope it's as good as this one.

There was a bit doing one of them (I can't actually remember which ones I've done as I tend to get dragged by the scruff of the neck by my 'Captain' who's played it for hundreds of hours) but there was a moment when

Spoiler

the Monkey Island music played and I got hit by a wave of nostalgia and happiness I didn't think was possible for that franchise. It was wonderful.

SO yeah, looking forward to that.

The perils of sailing with greenhorns: 

"Captain - what do these do? 'Throwables'?! Are they new? Oooh - what's a fire bomb?"

"Ermmm.... don't touch them. Not when you're on deck. Especially not when I'm on the other side of the island."

"Oops."

"What??"

"I.... erm... touched them."

"You mean you threw one. You threw one, didn't you?"

"No!"

"Didn't you???"

"Yes."

"Fucks sake. On my way back to the ship. Use the water barrel on the lower deck to put out any small fires."

"I can't get to the lower deck."

"Why not?"

"You had better come and see. Sorry."

1b7520ae-5151-4e7a-957e-fc485fcc1eb2-01.jpeg

My kid and his mates have bene playing this for a while, im glad to see it - its broken the fortnite spell.  Only thing annoys me is him having to sail back somewhere to sell loot at the end of every session. Makes me crack up at dinnertime! They do seem to be having a good laugh with it, non stop laughing and chuckling at the adventures. 

Ive tried it occasionally and did find it more annoying than enjoyable but didn't mind the first POTC level.  Must try and do the next one. 

Popped on for a quick mooch at lunchtime, never even heard of yet alone tried the shrines before.
Did the Shrine of Tribute, very soloable, fun and pretty easy, its like a big escape room :)
As soon as I get a night free (time is incredibly hard to get sadly at the mo) I will be shouting up for crewmates, theres Tall Tales and Shrines to be had at! 

Been really enjoying this the last few days, just solo slooping, doing the shrines (I've got the final voyage in my inventory now), doing commendations etc, it's got it's hooks right back in.

Picked up an ace cosmetic today, basically I stole a map bundle from another ship (while having a kip in thier bed for another commendation) and this allowed me to buy a "beard" that looks like a face bandanna. 

The buried treasure commendations are great fun, had to watch the sun go up/down from high places for three which was super chilled, apart from constant bloody attacks from phantoms/skellies 

Yeah I'm back on this now, playing with my mate. Did a vault key mission for the first time, great fun! 

I made him do all the steering so he can get used to it, he's getting better with each voyage.

Still only done the one underwater shrine but finished the POTC Tall Tales.

Have you noticed the spooky green mist around Golden Sands since this week's update? It's also on Crescent Isle where our vault key was and when the light breaks through the mist... *chef's kiss* 

26d794e4-1986-44d8-8015-c69d3fe0d02d-01.jpeg

Forever hoping for private/solo servers for this. It's the ultimate chill out and podcast game but every time I've tried it solo I've always run into trouble with groups of rando's killing me and wasting all my progress. 

I get it, pirates, yea I know, before someone says it but still, would happily waste away hours grinding this if I knew I wasn't gonna get attacked by knobbers. 

Yes I agree that it can be an amazingly chill solo experience that is too often ruined by others, even if sometimes you don’t see anybody at all. Unfortunately the game just isn’t designed for solo play - too much requires a full crew and it always felt like solo play was just a last minute bolt on and never really thought through. 

I would also say, this game with a crew is some of the best fun. And now they’ve finally added new enemies and more story-driven stuff, it’s finally turned into the game I hoped/wanted it to be. 

Thanks. 

I just had an annoying bug on the first Pirates of the Caribbean mission: the bit at the end where you need to dock the rowboat with the ferry of the damned, the game docked the boat but dropped me into the water and I couldn’t get back up. It said it had saved a checkpoint so I backed out, sailed back into cursed shores and went to speak to the statue but he wouldn’t let me continue from the checkpoint. :( 

An ominous fog, a mysterious ally from the Sea of the Damned and an Outpost abandoned – the first Sea of Thieves Adventure, 'Shrouded Islands', is now live and awaiting curious corsairs. See Larinna to get started but be swift, its secrets must be discovered by March 3rd!

Not really a spoiler but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Do NOT select continue adventure with Belle after you have done everything else.

You have two options. For some ungodly reason rare put continue adventure above complete adventure.

Selecting continue adventure restarts the entire thing from chapter 2.

Three bloody times I've done this now with no completion lols.

4 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Not really a spoiler but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Do NOT select continue adventure with Belle after you have done everything else.

You have two options. For some ungodly reason rare put continue adventure above complete adventure.

Selecting continue adventure restarts the entire thing from chapter 2.

Three bloody times I've done this now with no completion lols.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

First two were me being sunk /robbed by more fiercer pirates than I :) Last one I just ran out of time to redo.
Will likely have another go later

• mechamonkey changed the title to Sea of Thieves - The Forsaken Hunter: June 30th - July 14th