IGNORED

Sea of Thieves - The Forsaken Hunter: June 30th - July 14th

mechamonkey

I managed to complete it all, on the plus side we did manage to get a fort of fortune, and 2 Athena emissary quests finished. As everyone is fighting over doing the adventure with belle.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. Got Friday off so I might spend a few hours exploring.

Managed to level up enough to unlock this cool wheel last night - highest rank I've managed since theh introduced seasons (level 60). 

Also, has anyone noticed you can see the new sea forts already? Obvs you can't actually go on them but they sometimes appear in the mist like haunted illusions. Such a cool little feature!

Screenshot_20220308-072011_Chrome.jpg

I have decided I'm going to try and get to Level 100 in Season 6.  I've loved being back on the seas, playing with both my son and my best mate and aim to play much more regularly, so if anyone on here needs a crewmate, I will try to play as often as I can.  I don't think either my son or my friend have even been on a brig or a galleon either - we've yet to all crew up together so they've no idea just how amazing it can be when you're in a full crew.

I had a quick look on my stats and there are some Bilge Rat commendations that I've not even started.  I've not done a single one of the Ashen Winds section for example.  I still have a hell of a lot of stuff to work towards that have built up in my time away from the game.

But damn, it's such fun and when you dip your toe back into it, it's incredibly easy to lose yourself in the world all over again.

Sea Forts are great. Don't take long at all to finish, lots of secrets to find and you'll get a hefty stash of loot when you defeat the phantom lord at the end.

Definitely a good thing to do if you've only got time for a short voyage.

a91d624c-153f-4e6f-9581-56d8d33ad4eb-01.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Are they solo friendly? 

Yeah I think so. You'll get fired at on your approach the same as active skelly forts but once you're up close, they can't fire at you anymore.

Then it's just a matter of killing every phantom in the place. 

I spend 80% of my time on this solo as no-one else is usually around when I am and encounter much tougher missions - such as those with gold skellies that are found way up high on big islands. They're just annoying!  

It takes a lot longer to drag everything back to your ship afterwards than it does to clear the enemies - I recommend finding all the pulleys/hatches to open the gates for easier access.

Tonight, I am going to fly the emissary flag for the Reaper's Bones for the first time.  Because my crew are fucking awful at PVP, so I figured that if we fly the reaper's flag, people might leave us alone.  Right?

smart-thinking.gif

This could of course drastically backfire but worth a try.  How are other players supposed to know that my son has never once docked the ship without crashing into something?

I do miss the days of sailing with a competent crew.

Last night was an absolute triumph - 3 of us on a brig, me and 2 very inexperienced pirates (my son and my best mate).  We made a ridiculous amount of loot and renown because we encountered a rather foolish sloop crew who tried to fight us.

We had just cleared a Fort so were on our way to cash in and had to finish our game pretty quickly (my son's bedtime!)

Saw that a sloop was also approaching the same outpost, so I decided to fly the alliance flag and try to speak to them on the trumpet asking them to join us.  No response, and they then opened fire.

Obvs we couldn't turn away, and they started it so we responded.  Lots of me shouting orders at my 2 newbie crewmates but we absolutely pelted their ship, threw firebombs onto their deck and sank them pretty quickly, but they boarded us and started fighting.  We all died, but eventually, 3 v 2 was too much for them and we killed them both.  

Then we saw what was on their ship as their loot floated to the surface.  Fucking hell, we had hit the jackpot.  Loads of ashen chests (unlocked!), ashen lord skulls, chests of rage, you name it.  STACKS of loot which took us a good 20 minutes to sell, constantly checking the horizon in case they returned.  But they didn't - and must have been LIVID that they didn't get to sell a single thing from what must have been a long, long voyage.  We then realised they'd just finished an ashen winds voyage as the cloud thing was quite near us just before we got to the outpost.  I must have got about 3 achievements for cashing in various things I'd never even seen before!

I reckon we made 100k gold just from their stuff, and then we had to sell our booty from the fort on top of all that.

If they'd have just accepted the alliance, they'd have got all of that for themselves, as well as half of our loot.

My mate was pretty shellshocked after what had been a fairly quiet voyage turned into out and out carnage right at the end.

12 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Same author as the first one. I'll have to buy that! 

Looking forward to jumping into the new adventure on Thursday. Rapidly moving up the ranks this season - at level 60 now.

Elden Ring is consuming my every waking thought at the moment, but almost done so will definitely be on again imminently!

New adventure is good fun. Thought there'd be a lot of spawn campers but fortunately most people on my server were also doing the same thing as me, so we just made a big alliance so earned a fair bit of gold.

I like these limited time mini tales - they're adding a lot to the lore and they mix up a lot of play styles too. 

858c014f-1b04-412f-b735-56cb8ed2694d-01.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're going on a Meg hunt! Work alongside Merrick, Belle and other pirates to summon the Shrouded Ghost and recover a powerful artefact in the next Sea of Thieves Adventure, 'The Shrouded Deep'! See the pale beast for yourself from April 21st to May 12th.

• mechamonkey changed the title to Sea of Thieves - The Shrouded Deep April 21st to May 12th

If we are actually getting the chance to bag a shrouded ghost, the amount of commendations that will pop up will be insane :lol:

I still refuse to believe they're real.  But then, I said that about the Box of Wondrous Secrets and I managed to find one of those eventually....

• mechamonkey changed the title to Sea of Thieves - The Forsaken Hunter: June 30th - July 14th