South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Hexx

53 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Why did I get negged for suggesting that South Park  'Fracture but Whole'  is a play on 'butt hole'? It is, the creators have even admitted it.

https://kotaku.com/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-got-its-title-becau-1784259164

Probably because almost everyone else cracked the secret of this complex joke two years ago when it was announced. 

I know it's worth nothing but I genuinely didn't catch on to the SP title gag until only recently, when I worked it out it the gag felt so obvious that I couldn't believe I missed it. Working at Ubi I've seen it banded around quite a bit too so I'm not sure why it never clicked. In my head I thought it would be funny to highlight this stupidity, I found it funny the idea of someone suddenly realizing this and pretending they were the first to figure it out. Obviously it wasn't funny. Sorry.

Another weird truth, many of the incidents of me trolling are not. Like initially putting in the Switch in the dock the wrong way round, that really happened. I could have explained more to make it plausible like how I've not watched unboxing videos etc and how I was doing this in a darkened room.

There was a rubbish joke I tried to make where I made out that I was getting excited (and took a week off work) about Mario coming out the next day because it was the 26th of September (the game comes out on 27th October). Thought people would find it funny that I took a week off and got the wrong dates. Rubbish.

Point is, I don't believe my rare example of trolling (I honestly can't think of any more?) is ever aimed at making others feel stupid, I'm usually the target of the joke by making myself seem silly. So it's sad to think some people are getting so annoyed by it that they are considering banning me, because a lot of it is just me being a bit daft and not fully understanding things before making comments (My last post on the Blade Runner thread is a good example of this)

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

But you're actually painting a picture of yourself as a remedial. 

Sorry, What do you mean?

I don't know what remedial is. Google says "giving or intended as a remedy or cure."

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

See you're even doing it now. That thing you do.

Argh you think I'm trolling again? I can't win. Remedial? I've never heard anyone saying that ever, anyway I've asked someone and it means trying to improve or fix something. Not sure if you've used the word properly but it sounds like you were saying something like 'You're starting to look like someone who is fixing themselves'. So you were just acknowledging that I was trying to clear up the situation? 

edit : but 'painting' makes it sound like I'm pretending to clear up the situation. So even before I asked about the word remedial you presumed I was trolling with my explanation? What part of it do you think I was lying about? Genuinely curious.

So yes, in my mind stan used that word incorrectly didn't he? Remedial can't be used to describe a person. "But you're actually painting a picture of yourself as a remedial. "

image.png.1f4fdc1c206fff0eede16d6edd8c3945.png

Oh, he said something wrong or made a mistake. He must be trolling! :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Capwn said:

So yes, in my mind stan used that word incorrectly didn't he? Remedial can't be used to describe a person. "But you're actually painting a picture of yourself as a remedial. "

image.png.1f4fdc1c206fff0eede16d6edd8c3945.png

Oh, he said something wrong or made a mistake. He must be trolling! :rolleyes:

Continue reading that page.

4 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Continue reading that page.

Ok, got it (This word has so many meanings)

image.png.4fbaf9452329c8f834310d688bf4d397.png

So I think I have it now, he's saying the way I present myself is as someone who has difficulty in reading/writing. For sure, I'd agree with that, sorry I misunderstood.

This policy of automatically banning someone every time they call someone a cunt is a bit daft.

Also, it's wildly insensitive to Scottish folk - we call people cunts as a term of endearment. Why is our wonderful culture being sidelined?!?

There's a South Park episode in there somewhere...

2 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

This policy of automatically banning someone every time they call someone a cunt is a bit daft.

Also, it's wildly insensitive to Scottish folk - we call people cunts as a term of endearment. Why is our wonderful culture being sidelined?!?

There's a South Park episode in there somewhere...

Pretty sure yoshi doesn't use it as a term of endearment . 

25 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Did you just assume Yoshi's cultural self-identification?!?

Maybe,? I don't think I care . I just know he has a track record of getting angry and getting banned for it. A lot.

The stick of truth was really good but I think they will need more variety in the battle system this time round . I ended up completeing the game in spite of it . 

15 hours ago, Capwn said:

Ok, got it (This word has so many meanings)

image.png.4fbaf9452329c8f834310d688bf4d397.png

So I think I have it now, he's saying the way I present myself is as someone who has difficulty in reading/writing. For sure, I'd agree with that, sorry I misunderstood.

@Capwn, if you have any further issues with the meaning of words used in this thread or feel the compulsion to make yourself look stupid in an attempt to be funny, I politely suggest that you take it to a different thread in OT to avoid a ban yourself. Thank you.