South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Hexx

39 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

@Capwn, if you have any further issues with the meaning of words used in this thread or feel the compulsion to make yourself look stupid in an attempt to be funny, I politely suggest that you take it to a different thread in OT to avoid a ban yourself. Thank you.

how come this doesn't apply to @NEG?

2 hours ago, Talvalin said:

@Capwn, if you have any further issues with the meaning of words used in this thread or feel the compulsion to make yourself look stupid in an attempt to be funny, I politely suggest that you take it to a different thread in OT to avoid a ban yourself. Thank you.

Genuinely didn't know what remedial meant and still didn't grasp in what context it was being used when googling it. Really, next time I don't know what a word means you want me to make a thread about it in OT? I'm not going to do that.

I can't believe this, I get called a C-word and other forms of abuse. Still get negged for doing nothing wrong. Look at my rep, I'm not that much of a berk. I don't relish in getting negs. I don't know what to do about it.

5 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I can't believe this, I get called a C-word and other forms of abuse. Still get negged for doing nothing wrong. Look at my rep, I'm not that much of a berk. I don't relish in getting negs. I don't know what to do about it.

Stop derailing threads with painfully myopic nonsense. Easy.

I can't believe this game still isn't out. It's taken so long that it's appeared after I lost all respect for the show and it's creators. Pretty sure I was still into South Park when the first one came out, I definitely played it through.

24 minutes ago, Broker said:

I can't believe this game still isn't out. It's taken so long that it's appeared after I lost all respect for the show and it's creators. Pretty sure I was still into South Park when the first one came out, I definitely played it through.

the first one?

5 hours ago, SeanR said:

how come this doesn't apply to @NEG?

6 hours ago, Talvalin said:

I'm not following the conversation here, but I've looked up the words I've discussed in the past. If, for example from memory, Humanist means something different to me than people posting here (which, the vocal group certainly had 'issues' with the term), that's not my problem. I understand it to the extent that I can, much like anyone else. I don't insult what they may feel differently about, I discuss it. It's a forum, after all. Problem is, the people you talk to might not want to discuss or agree to disagree in a calm and respectful manner.

The idea of banning people for having different views on the meanings of words, is, well, modern Rllmuk as ever.

Do enjoy arguing about it. I'll have a wank instead.

After deciding to be utter cunts about a guy being sad because his mum died, Ubisoft confirm that the race slider thing is just a throwaway joke in the first few minutes. It’s like they’re trying to be the biggest bunch of pricks possible, and as usual their totally random style of laughing at everyone just happens to fixate on the same type of targets the extreme right wing would focus on. Hilarious!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/9/16435592/south-park-race-difficulty

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

After deciding to be utter cunts about a guy being sad because his mum died, Ubisoft confirm that the race slider thing is just a throwaway joke in the first few minutes. It’s like they’re trying to be the biggest bunch of pricks possible, and as usual their totally random style of laughing at everyone just happens to fixate on the same type of targets the extreme right wing would focus on. Hilarious!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/9/16435592/south-park-race-difficulty

Weird as I read weeks ago the race slider was just a joke and doesn't change the difficulty of the game at all. I must admit it could have been a unique idea but on the same page a lot of work to change the game. It's not often RPGs have difficulty modes anyway is it?

No-one else playing this today?

Only a few hours in so far, but the combat system seems a lot better than the first. There's a grid-based system being used this time adding a additional layer of strategy, with different attacks hitting different distances, and knockback attacks. This also means you can put close range characters up front to shield your ranged guys.

You can choose from three different classes to begin with, and the game suggests you will get more later, so not sure if there will be the chance to change classes. Each one, and the other kids when they join your party, have three different attacks and a super, the meter for which builds up each time to take or receive damage.

The humour is back in full force, and there are some really nice touches playing around with the idea of kids playing as super heroes.

So far it's everything I wanted in the sequel but will put in a few more hours tomorrow.

How do you get the Stick of Truth if you've pre-ordered the physical game? I've pre-ordered with Smyths because I managed to get it for £36.99 with Stick of Truth. Does it come with a code in the box or something?

Haven't seen / heard anyone playing this yet.

Did anyone see the latest South Park? Was supposed to be a prequel to this game but to me it seemed like they just took a bit from the intro cut scenes and stuck them at the front and end of the episode.

I want to play it, but lack of time really. Hopefully will play it before xmas.

On 14/10/2017 at 23:54, Retroguy said:

No-one else playing this today?

Only a few hours in so far, but the combat system seems a lot better than the first. There's a grid-based system being used this time adding a additional layer of strategy, with different attacks hitting different distances, and knockback attacks. This also means you can put close range characters up front to shield your ranged guys.

You can choose from three different classes to begin with, and the game suggests you will get more later, so not sure if there will be the chance to change classes. Each one, and the other kids when they join your party, have three different attacks and a super, the meter for which builds up each time to take or receive damage.

The humour is back in full force, and there are some really nice touches playing around with the idea of kids playing as super heroes.

So far it's everything I wanted in the sequel but will put in a few more hours tomorrow.

Grid based combat?

IM IN!

Do I need to play the first before hand?

2 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Grid based combat?

IM IN!

Do I need to play the first before hand?

Not really, it starts with a small bit of the first game then quickly changes to the super hero stuff.

Pre-order copies (and maybe any left of that first run) come with a digital download version of the first game.