Horizon Zero Dawn

Nespresso

3 minutes ago, Flub said:

I've been browsing a thread on Resetera. A chap from DF who posts there says he has no idea whatsoever how RPS got the performance they claim to have.

Well if they thought the PS4 Pro performance mode ran at 60fps they must all be on speed.

I'm still hopeful mind you. Batman: Arkham Knight was such a disaster they pulled it from sale completely for a while. About a year later when I got to play it on my 3rd gen i5 with a 970 the only time I didn't have a locked 1080/60 was in the Batmobile. These things can be fixed given time and hopefully this is high profile enough to get the love it needs. 

Obviously it's going to get review bombed to fuck on Friday but that goes without saying.

9 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Fucking hell...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1151640/announcements/detail/2749963490368114776

A fifteen minute shader compilation before the game starts. Hey it only happens once though...unless you change hardware settings or update your drivers!. Also ansiotropic filter is fucked. And some animations only work at 30fps.

10-15 minute shader compilation every time you change video drivers... What the fuck is this shit?

I know Uncle Mike already got called out for trolling, but there is a little bit of schadenfreude here after the recent gloating about PC version superiority.

Also, please spare a thought for those of us who are currently playing the PS4 version for the first time. Actually a PC port thread isn’t such a bad idea if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I know Uncle Mike already got called out for trolling, but there is a little bit of schadenfreude here after the recent gloating about PC version superiority.

It's still better, just not as much as it could be. :hat: 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

I'd argue that things animating at 30fps in a game that's running at 60(even ish) makes it worse, not better. 

Just imagine the unintentional comedy if it was just everyone eyebrows.

The ACG review suggests it’s not as bad as some are making out, yes there is a bug with 4K which should be addressed but 1440p runs well.

I’ll be happy with 1440p at a decent frame rate, with AMD’s image sharpening giving me a nice image on my 4K TV. AMD’s sharpening option has really impressed me and I run everything at 1440p now for the enhanced performance over 4K (Ryzen 3600 and Vega56).

Yeah the DF review is a sore one. Would definitely make me hold off buying the game. 
Seeing as it was a free reward, I’m still looking forward to trying it out... but it doesn’t unlock until 4pm?! Couldn’t they just set a timer for it to unlock at midnight in each time zone?! Good old Steam!

At the start of this gen in 2013 people were saying a £400 PC could run PS4 games better and faster with zero to minimal upgrades for the entire generation.

It's now 2020.  How's that prediction working out?

3 minutes ago, AI1 said:

At the start of this gen in 2013 people were saying a £400 PC could run PS4 games better and faster with zero to minimal upgrades for the entire generation.

It's now 2020.  How's that prediction working out?

It was a pretty bad hot take back then. I'm sure they will be saying the same this time as well, which will age just as well.

When is the right time to venture into the DLC area? I’m about to hit level 50 but still a fair way to go in the story (at a guess, about to go into Sunfall).

What happens if I don’t go there before ending the campaign, will I have to do it for the first time in NG+?