Jump to content

Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.


Recommended Posts

All this talk of backwards compatibility is making the new X-Box a serious consideration. I skipped the Bone but I have a large collection of 360 games I'm still working my way through.

 

I think the 360 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy is the easiest one to work through as well in terms of having the full thing in one place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

All this talk of backwards compatibility is making the new X-Box a serious consideration. I skipped the Bone but I have a large collection of 360 games I'm still working my way through.

 

I think the 360 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy is the easiest one to work through as well in terms of having the full thing in one place.

 

There's no indication it'll play more 360 games than the Bone does.

 

Granted that does include all 3 Masses Effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dudley said:

 

There's no indication it'll play more 360 games than the Bone does.

 

Granted that does include all 3 Masses Effect.

You're right but I do hope they pick up the oG/360 BC programme again once everything XB1 is up and running on XsX - as that is what the BC team has apparently been doing. Adding more BC games is also a good additional way of generating interest and goodwill, and building the game pass library. So if there are still games that they can get, games without licensing issues, there's a good possibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I've just checked and I've got 261 backwards compatible titles installed on my One X. Granted, a lot of those will have been freebies from Games with Gold, but still...:blink:

Yes, it's not enough, I agree.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

But they've hinted they just might do that.

 

I'm confident there will be titles that ran poorly enough not to make it through QA and be cleared for release- that might make it to X.

Even so, I expect most of the conversation around BC to be with the additional upgrades to games that are already part of the program.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still hoping at some point Amped 2 is made compatible. It’s the only reason I still have an OG Xbox as the game is lovely in 720p (for some reason the 360 doesn’t support that mode?!).

 

As much as I like Steep, Amped 2 is a much nicer snowboarding experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I’m still hoping at some point Amped 2 is made compatible. It’s the only reason I still have an OG Xbox as the game is lovely in 720p (for some reason the 360 doesn’t support that mode?!).

 

As much as I like Steep, Amped 2 is a much nicer snowboarding experience.

 

Another victim of licencing, it's got "real" "Pros" in, not to mention the music and also that they closed the developers because Amped 3 was too awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dudley said:

 

Another victim of licencing, it's got "real" "Pros" in, not to mention the music and also that they closed the developers because Amped 3 was too awesome.


Amped 3 was such a dramatic change in direction, I was so disappointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/08/2020 at 22:08, mdn2 said:

A load of delisted games seem to have been made available again. Pure, Midnight Club, Fuel and Silent Hill: Downpour are all available for sale digitally once again. There's probably more, but Driver: San Francisco isn't among them. :(

And I just received an email that they refunded me for Silent Hill?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.