IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Allegedly. mine still isn't 60. Does it have to be on the Series X internal? I didn't think it did?

1 minute ago, Down by Law said:

I already had Sonic Generations and All Stars Transformed installed, but they aren't 60 yet. Max Payne 2 isn't supported yet either,so they must be in the process of rolling everything out. 

I think you’re right, Max Payne 3 (which I own diggitally) hasn’t popped up in my library yet. Would it maybe require a system update, to unlock the awesome power of backcompat?

3 minutes ago, Major Britten said:

Are these all going to be available to buy digitally or do we still need to have the discs?

I bought some old Sonic games digitally a few months ago, from the legacy 360 web store, and they’re all in my library, playable on the Series X, so yea it should work. 

36 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Same. I hope they restart the programme.

“While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints”

Yeah, I guess The Warriors didn't make the cut due to being a movie license and stuff like Sega GT and Jet Set being vehicle and music licenses. 

Only Splatterhouse is the 360 game I wish would've made the cut as it runs like shit, but it's got a ton of licensed music in it which probably fucked it's chances. Which is a shame because the original music in it by Howard Drossin of 90's Sega fame is incredible stuff.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

FPS boost isn't active for Sonic Generations and Transformed yet despite having updates. Very odd.

Didn't play it but FPS boost was enabled in the menu for generations

can't get max payne 2 to install from disk weirdly. binary domain, max payne 1, 3, nier and ridge racer were fine.

3 minutes ago, marsh said:

Does this mean the price of my still sealed copy of panzer dragoon orta has just paid off my mortgage?

No?

Well, I mean it might do if you're currently living in a medium-sized tent from Argos maybe?

I have a massive pile of original Xbox and 360 games still.

I just tried Dead or Alive 3 and unsurprisingly it looks amazing, but it looked phenomenal back in the day.

Going to install Dead or Alive 4, Ridge Racer 6, and out of interest Sacred as that always ran really crappy.

This is on One X

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

“While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints”

I read your post. I don't believe Microsoft have reached those limits for every game they could possibly bring back. It'll likely be the balance between what you've quoted and justifying the resources for the exercise, although I'll concede that this doesn't explain Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Make the Grade appearing in today's list.