IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!

6 minutes ago, K said:

FEAR 3 seems to have disappeared from the store, although I'm sure it was there last week. No great loss, admittedly.

I've been playing this over the last few days and enjoying a lot.

9 minutes ago, K said:

FEAR 3 seems to have disappeared from the store, although I'm sure it was there last week. No great loss, admittedly.

Indeed it was on there last week, but now it’s no longer available to buy digitally on the UK or US stores

1 hour ago, K said:

Hmm. Wonder if I should buy Fear 2 now, before it disappears.

I bought FEAR 2 (and all dlc) after FEAR 3 was removed from sale. Thankfully, I nabbed 3 before it was taken off the store. 
Sadly, the original (and best) hasn’t been available at all for ages 😞

3 minutes ago, SpookyMulder said:

I bought FEAR 2 (and all dlc) after FEAR 3 was removed from sale. Thankfully, I nabbed 3 before it was taken off the store. 
Sadly, the original (and best) hasn’t been available at all for ages 😞

Fear is a disc only game, it is available and works but you need a disc as unlock key.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Fear is a disc only game, it is available and works but you need a disc as unlock key.

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I meant it’s a shame it’s not available digitally, I don’t do physical games anymore…. But may make an exception for this one!

23 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Out of interest — the Prince of Persia with the mixed Dutch/French accolades on it; is that a Belgian edition, or do they just routinely throw the two languages onto games sold in NL?

If you've got physical NTSC games it's worth trying those as well. I've got King Of Fighters Neo Wave and it downloads on a UK Series X despite never having had a UK release. One of the third-person Cabela action games also works despite not showing anywhere on the store.

I've been buying quite a few physical 360 games lately and it's quite fun seeing what the Series X will happily load up.

3 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

This is when I regret ripping all those original xbox games to my yod@box and then taking them back to Game. Although I'm positive I still have a copy of Max Payne somewhere. 

The trick is to rip them to your Xbox or Xbox 360 and then put them in the loft, waiting for Father Time to do the rest.

1 hour ago, SpookyMulder said:

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I meant it’s a shame it’s not available digitally, I don’t do physical games anymore…. But may make an exception for this one!

Those discs in that picture are the first discs I've bought in over 5 years. I've gone full digital convenience. But I had to make an exception in this particular case for Xbox BC.

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

Out of interest — the Prince of Persia with the mixed Dutch/French accolades on it; is that a Belgian edition, or do they just routinely throw the two languages onto games sold in NL?

They routinely throw them together, saves making separate versions for two relatively small markets. 

Makes sense, I guess; I just don't ever remember seeing anything like it in France. I suppose the average French person is more likely to kick off and refuse to buy a game that deigns to suggest that France isn't important enough to warrant its own packaging!

Just now, Wiper said:

Makes sense, I guess; I just don't ever remember seeing anything like it in France. I suppose the average French person is more likely to kick off and refuse to buy a game that deigns to suggest that France isn't important enough to warrant its own packaging!

That sounds very much like what a French person would do! Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum you have the Dutch. Who rose up in furious anger when a publisher decided to release a game *in Dutch* in the Netherlands without an English option. I think it was a 360 game. People were beyond pissed off.

To be fair, I feel like that whenever non-English-native games get released with only an English language option over here (and similarly hated the large number of non-'VOSTFR' games and shows in France; they're probably the one country almost as obsessed with dubbing everything as the English language nations) :D

9 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Both Crackdown 360 games are free on the Xbox Store as is Too Human (if you can be bothered with it).

I think what happened there is after all the court cases Epic eventually ended up with the rights and let MGS give it away as something of a "fuck you".

16 hours ago, Wiper said:

Depends on the publisher and how bothered they are.  The biggest franchises tend to have solely Dutch packaging. The likes of Sony, Nintendo and EA tend to release games with Dutch packaging only. Square Enix seem to bother with Dutch for their biggest franchises (Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy) whilst most of their other releases have French and English packaging - always giving priority to French. Sega - it comes down to the game, with Sonic being in Dutch; most other games having English, French and German; with the odd game only having English. Namco Bandai and Koei Tecmo seem to release everything with English packaging only.

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Ooh Metal Gear and Witcher 2 are gonna have to be bought. 

Is that Silent Hill collection no good? Also I can’t remember if any of those Castelvania games are worth picking up? (apart from SotN obvs)

Unfortunately I think the Silent Hill Collection was the standard bearer for dreadful remasters up until about two weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Jolly said:

Unfortunately I think the Silent Hill Collection was the standard bearer for dreadful remasters up until about two weeks ago. 

I cracked and bought the Collection a little while ago (it's always seems to be on sale anyway). I played the first five minutes of SH2 up until the church and the lol worthy Silent Hill Ranch sign and haven't gone back since as it just felt so archaic!

I wish Konami would make Homecoming and Downpour available to purchase again. I know they are not the best but I wouldn't mind playing them again.

It's funny you should mention that, because aren't the Lords of Shadow games the Castlevanias he's big on too..? I did think to mention this in my post earlier but honestly couldn't remember if they were the right ones!