IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!

I know for a lot of people this will be a good thing, and as such I am pleased they managed to get it sorted. Stops having to dig the 360 out of its cupboard.

For me personally, once a new gen hits I rarely find myself wanting to go back. When I got my 360 I was pretty much onto 360 stuff from that point on; anything I'd left uncompleted on the previous gen got swept away in the excitement of new stuff. Same happened with the PS3 to PS4 transition as well.

I think the difference for me certainly this gen is XBLA and digital purchases.

there are loads of XBLA games I still play - Space Giraffe, swos, track and field,geo wars evolved,speedball2, Jetpac refuelled etc etc .. I am not dying for an Xbox One remaster of any of these because they couldnt be much "better" on XboxOne due to type of game they are

When I move to a new gen it is only the big AAA stuff that I dont necessarily feel like going back to... All of the "smaller" stuff which is great regardless of age and gfx I want to keep.

And I am glad that MS have realised this, but I hope they really push to rollout aggreessively on this and ensure the majority of the XBLA stuff is there.

EDIT Space Giraffe has "rocketed" to 20 votes today... EVERYONE VOTE!!!

But they've said there is no work to be done per game, just set a flag and boof! the game runs on a One.

That's how I heard it.

But it's odd that they have a "vote for the games you'd most like to see" page on their site though. I mean, if it's zero effort, why the need to prioritize? If all it takes is a nod from the publisher, whose decision will be based on dollars and legalities, then these votes are pointless.

I think the difference for me certainly this gen is XBLA and digital purchases.

there are loads of XBLA games I still play - Space Giraffe, swos, track and field,geo wars evolved,speedball2, Jetpac refuelled etc etc .. I am not dying for an Xbox One remaster of any of these because they couldnt be much "better" on XboxOne due to type of game they are

When I move to a new gen it is only the big AAA stuff that I dont necessarily feel like going back to... All of the "smaller" stuff which is great regardless of age and gfx I want to keep.

And I am glad that MS have realised this, but I hope they really push to rollout aggreessively on this and ensure the majority of the XBLA stuff is there.

EDIT Space Giraffe has "rocketed" to 20 votes today... EVERYONE VOTE!!!

Oh yeah, it's certainly a good thing it's happened for sure :). I appreciate that I am probably in the minority who just completely cuts off the old generation when the new one hits. Plus the way they are doing it is just right - allowing people free and easy access to their older game library is a definite perk One owners now have as opposed to the slightly awkward presence of PlayStation Now.

They just have to not agree to let their games be BC'd. They'd be dicks if they did.

The way MS have done BC is great. I'm so pleased. I'm on the PSNow beta and it's amazing to be able to play the PS3 stuff. However last week they changed the beta to introduce prices to the games. To play Uncharted I have to pay £3-£4 to rent it for 2 days regardless of whether I own the disc or if I bought it from the store. .

To do the equivalent on MS it's free as long as I own the disk or bought it previously digitally.

That's how to do BC.

Also, if the Xbox hardware keeps the same architecture next gen they'll have BC going back 10-15 years or more easily. The beginnings of having the same sort of perks PC users have had for ages. Good times.

Also, if the Xbox hardware keeps the same architecture next gen they'll have BC going back 10-15 years or more easily. The beginnings of having the same sort of perks PC users have had for ages. Good times.

As far as I understand it the XBox One OS runs on virtual machines. I could be wrong but that's what I heard. Using a derivative of the HyperV tech. So future Xboxs should have no trouble. Move the VM's over and fire them up and off you go....

So how's this going to work for buying games via the XB One then? Is there going to be a 360/ XBLA store that you can access from the dashboard?

It already exists. You can find it at Xbox.com :) you can access it from internet explorer on xb1.

We all need to remember as good as this is its early days and very much beta just now. I'm sure all this stuff will be in place before it hits the non-preview people although judging by the number of preview invites I've sent today there can't be many of them left.

None of these games appear in 'My Games and Apps' even though I'm on the preview dashboard and owned loads of them on my 360?

on the xbox preview dashboard app have you tried to do the quest "xbox one backward compatability preview - install xbox 360 games you own"

maybe a long shot but it might get the games to prompt? when you click it it should load the games that are available and you can click one then install

None of these games appear in 'My Games and Apps' even though I'm on the preview dashboard and owned loads of them on my 360?

Where are you looking? They appear in the "ready to install" area to the right of your games.

That's the thing there is no 'Ready to install' section!

on the xbox preview dashboard app have you tried to do the quest "xbox one backward compatability preview - install xbox 360 games you own"

maybe a long shot but it might get the games to prompt? when you click it it should load the games that are available and you can click one then install

Found them this way but it's a pain running the app every time to install each game, thanks.

I used to be on the preview programming but I can't find my way back. Do I need another invite?

If so could someone do the honours please?

multiClunk (cap C)

Many thanks!

You should still have the Preview App (or download it again). In there you can opt back in.

being invited to the preview program isn't a instant thing, when you're invited you don't receive a message or anything for days or sometimes weeks (if perhaps at all?) i guess it depends when microsft roll out the preview to the next wave of people, and whether you're in that wave of people or not.. however i'm still sending invites and good luck to you all :D

sent invites to CamerbwellK, Layte, multiclunk, joncybernet, ravonrazor, buzzzb, finitelight, mrdark123 and if you want an invite still just add me to live and i'll assume its for an invite and send out as many as i can later on

I have a 360. I have no interest in spending out money on an Xbone one to play 360 games. if I get an Xbone it will be to play Xbone games.

Pete, you can play both Xbox One and 360 games on a single console now. I don't know why you'd want to keep a 360 hooked up, once the games start appearing of course.

Not one single fucker has voted for Outrun. Franchise destroying Resident Evil 6 has over 600 votes. Fuck all Xbox owners.

Fucking L.A. Noire has got 2,469 votes!

• Pob changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!