IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!

How do you suggest games? I really want to get Outrun on the board and all you bastards better vote for it or else I'll get stabby.

It can't happen due to licensing. Unless there's a loophole about already having bought it???

being invited to the preview program isn't a instant thing, when you're invited you don't receive a message or anything for days or sometimes weeks (if perhaps at all?) i guess it depends when microsft roll out the preview to the next wave of people, and whether you're in that wave of people or not.. however i'm still sending invites and good luck to you all :D

sent invites to CamerbwellK, Layte, multiclunk, joncybernet, ravonrazor, buzzzb, finitelight, mrdark123 and if you want an invite still just add me to live and i'll assume its for an invite and send out as many as i can later on

Cheers, I've sent you a friend invite for a preview programme invite.

Yeah if you already own it you can re-download it forever. I don't care about other people, I just want Outrun on my Xbox. The question was asked on the preview forum and the suggestion was to request it on the website. I can't see where on the website to add your own game.

Could someone send me another invite please.

Mark owen

Yoshis didnt seem to come through.

If I'm understanding this right, then you wouldn't know if its come through or not. Two people have invited me, I've received nothing. It's down to Microsoft when you'll get a message, or even if you will.. It just adds you to the list.

I think.

Guess we'll just have to have to have a little patience. Soon the little message icon will start to shine, and we can have our greatest day.

Or something.

Just tried a couple of backwards compatible XBLA games in Super Meat Boy and Battleblock Theater and they both ran absolutely flawlessly.

The quality of the emulation they've managed seems to be really top notch.

Can't wait for this. I've got a mahoooosuve stack of both live arcade and physical games for the 360 and (odd as it may be when I can still play them in my 360) it'd deffo revive my interest in my one.

If someone could please send me a preview invite thingy then it'd be much appreciated :).

There's a guy from MS over on Gamespot right now talking about BC in more detail. They really are pushing it as a major thing with the hope to stream it onto Windows 10 devices opening up one of the biggest games libraries ever seen on any system. Exciting times.

Yeah if you already own it you can re-download it forever. I don't care about other people, I just want Outrun on my Xbox. The question was asked on the preview forum and the suggestion was to request it on the website. I can't see where on the website to add your own game.

You can't add it because it's not available, publisher, copyright issues that likely won't ever be resolved. You won't be able to play Outrun Online Arcade on anything other than your 360, assuming you've already bought it. Same for Afterburner Climax, Marble Blast Ultra and anything else you think has got "no votes".

Yeah, it's a sad day.

But Dark Souls was on the screen when Mike Ybarra talked about backwards compatibility, so I'm confident I'll be ok. That and the absolute torrent of Xbox One games coming means I probably would be neglecting the machine.

This is a huge deal for me, it would have led to me buying the Bone over the PS4 had this have happened at launch.

It's actually making me think about switching over/replacing my old 360.

For me backwards compatibity has always been a huge issue. Imagine if every ten years your cd/DVD players refused to play things from the last gen?

Bearded Xbox guy (Kudo?) And Other Xbox guy discussed this feature a bit on Giant Bomb. It sounds like yeah, it's an actual emulator (he actually said 'virtual machine' and is a lot simpler and faster for them to plug games into than the 360's attempt with the original Xbox.

That could be marketing pish though.

This is a huge deal for me, it would have led to me buying the Bone over the PS4 had this have happened at launch.

It's actually making me think about switching over/replacing my old 360.

For me backwards compatibity has always been a huge issue. Imagine if every ten years your cd/DVD players refused to play things from the last gen?

Steady on now, let's wait a bit and see how quickly they add more games, there's only a handful that work currently, and as discussed above some things will never be available/work (Outrun) and the chnace of more niche games getting priority for release (Rez, Omega 5) is pretty small.

I think it's likely that most people don't use backward compatibility much but that paying £4/day is likely to dissuade people a fair amount.

When I traded my 360 today the guy in hand was telling another customer that PlayStation Now was better as Xbox only did backwards compatibility on 20 titles.

I guess a memo has been sent to the troops.

In terms of sales, he is absolutely spot on, given the numbers for PS4. No BC does not equal less sales, broadly speaking.

PS4 might have sold more if it had BC.

Also if Xbox One was BC out of the box would that have made PS4 sell less? Alot of people jumped MS to Sony for PS4 would they have done if MS has BC?

So its sales may have been impacted, you don't know.

I think it's likely that most people don't use backward compatibility much but that paying £4/day is likely to dissuade people a fair amount.

When I traded my 360 today the guy in hand was telling another customer that PlayStation Now was better as Xbox only did backwards compatibility on 20 titles.

I guess a memo has been sent to the troops.

Or an ill informed person on minimum wage is working at Game.

• Pob changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!