IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

7 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

People like @MW_Jimmy skewed the stats by playing it repeatedly for 2 years. :(

For my sins I completed it. I’ll never get that time back. It does qualify me to tell you anyone who played it for two years is a sick puppy. 

26 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Gutted that you never got Tenchu, @Mr. Gerbik. It became a running gag every week. Sorry it never materialised in the end. 

Thanks. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm genuinely surprised since From and Microsoft seem to be on very good terms. They made a bunch of Xbox exclusives and they did bother to bring that one shitty Tenchu puzzle XBLA game to BC early on. Unlike Ultimate Destruction, Riddick, and Out Run there are afaik no rights issues with the From library. Otogi is considered a cult classic and never appeared anywhere else, and with Sekiro being a big deal you'd expect one of the old Tenchus to be brought over. No such luck sadly, and the saddest thing of all is that these games are now stuck in limbo - no official BC and no viable emulator solution on PC. At least with Shaolin Monks and Tenchu 3 the PS2 version is still playable on modern hardware through unofficial means, and Riddick has a PC version, but Tenchu Z and Otogi are fucked. 

They’re not exactly going out on a high, are they? Kameo enhanced for Xbox One X, King Kong, Syndicate and Too Human. A sorry selection if ever there was one. 

The only real surprise is that they can even legally add Too Human to the service given that a court ruled it be stricken from existence, and that all copies be sent to Epic’s offices so they can personally oversee their destruction. 

3 minutes ago, K said:

The only real surprise is that they can even legally add Too Human to the service given that a court ruled it be stricken from existence, and that all copies be sent to Epic’s offices so they can personally oversee their destruction. 

Too Human is free to everyone. That's one way around it, I guess. 

In good news, the OG Xbox games are getting their DLC added as well. 

Q6mOqgE.png

Kit Fisto is being added to Battlefront II? And that’s supposed to make up for the lack of Max Payne 3, FEAR 2, and Hot Pursuit, is it? This is the worst day of my or anyone else’s life. 

*sweeps everything off table in tears*

Hmmm a bit of a disappointing end, I know we couldn't have Outrun 2 but it still hurts that it's gone and it seems a bit much to set up a 360 just for that one game. 

Super Puzzle Fighter is good though I'll definitely have some of that.

And to everyone saying it's a poor final list: there's now every Splinter Cell game on the XBox One - even the 360 version of Double Agent. That alone makes this worthwhile.

And Asuras Wrath is awesome, you heathens. 

And nuts and bolts didn’t have performance issues on one-x. What’ll it’ll look like with the enhanced tag I look forward to finding out - it’s the ideal sort of game for it, a late in cycle game that the Xbox 360 couldn’t really handle.

I'm surprised the overall Xbox One list of original Xbox games is so small. It's mostly Disney (Star Wars, Indy) and Ubisoft stuff. It's great that MS delivered it, but there are so many great games we simply cannot play without an original Xbox (or ropey 360 BC at a push). I'm off to listen to the JSRF soundtrack and sob into my cup of tea.

16 minutes ago, footle said:

And nuts and bolts didn’t have performance issues on one-x. What’ll it’ll look like with the enhanced tag I look forward to finding out - it’s the ideal sort of game for it, a late in cycle game that the Xbox 360 couldn’t really handle.

It had severe performance issues when it was only on Rare Replay, and then on BC for a long time also. At some point they ramped up the quality level of the BC programme and went back to most if not all games already on there, and patched them all up. Since then Nuts & Bolts was fine, as you say. The X came out after that patch iirc. Anyway, Enhanced makes it way better still and that game truly deserves it:)

YESSSS! Syndicate made the final list! I've been waiting so long for this,  I love the cold, brutal gunplay, it's so cool.

From my list of wanted BC games I got them all bar one, Max Payne 3. Damn shame. I can only hope that it will be remastered one day.

1 hour ago, K said:

They’re not exactly going out on a high, are they? Kameo enhanced for Xbox One X, King Kong, Syndicate and Too Human. A sorry selection if ever there was one. 

Lumping in the brilliant Syndicate with those other games and then leaving off the great games like Asura's Wrath and Chaos Theory, while decrying the selection is a bit disingenuous

Gutted they never managed to sort out whatever the issue was with Poker Smash that got it taken off the BC list. The developer seems to have gone belly up so it'll be stuck on the 360 forever. :(

The licensing issues will still exist when Scarlett comes out. I can't see that anything drastic is going to happen in that regard in the 18 or so months between now and then, so JSRF, Outrun 2 and the rest will still be stuck in limbo on previous consoles. There's the chance that relatively recent Xbox one games won't make it due to expired licenses as well, surely?

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The licensing issues will still exist when Scarlett comes out. I can't see that anything drastic is going to happen in that regard in the 18 or so months between now and then, so JSRF, Outrun 2 and the rest will still be stuck in limbo on previous consoles. There's the chance that relatively recent Xbox one games won't make it due to expired licenses as well, surely?

what about if the SCARLETT backwards compatibility just works?

as in, you put in the disc ( from the previos three gens, if you still have it), and the game loads fine.

Don't need to worry about licensing then, surely?

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe