Football thread 2015/16 season.

Naysonymous

I think it's always been fairly well established that it's him (and that the manager he frequently slags off is Tony Pulis) but in the recent articles on his site he's been a bit more slack in covering his tracks. Maybe because he's dropped down the leagues and it's not likely anything will come back to bite him? There was one where he was pretty obviously talking about being there for Aaron Ramsey's injury, for example. Saying how a teammate of his got to him first, pushed his head down so he couldn't see the injury and all that.

I think he's always mixed other people's stories with his own to throw people off the scent so I wouldn't put much stock in the checklists on that site.

Yeah its odd as people in football all seem to know it is Dave Kitson but he nicks stories from friends/other pro's but places himself as the new main guy in the story. As if it was him it happened too in the first place. I guess to confuse people but still rather odd as people seem to know its him anyway.

Some really interesting insights from what I've listened to so far:

- Salomon Kalou once had his twin play for him in a reserve match

- Rio Ferdinand owns the UK's largest collection of owls

- Bradley Johnson once drove an M1A1 Abrams tank for an entire match without the Football Association catching wind

- Robbie Savage isn't actually a dickhead (this one's a joke, of course he is)

They're a mess but who's going to do a better job? You can glibly say "anyone" but realistically there's probably only a few guys I'd want if my team was facing relegation - Sam's just joined Sunderland, and Pulis ain't going anywhere.

I'm a Boro fan though, so I have more time for McClaren than most I guess.

They're a mess but who's going to do a better job? You can glibly say "anyone" but realistically there's probably only a few guys I'd want if my team was facing relegation - Sam's just joined Sunderland, and Pulis ain't going anywhere.

I'm a Boro fan though, so I have more time for McClaren than most I guess.

its become untenable already, he has to go.

Pardew's success at Palace further demonstrates it, but it does show what a good job he did at Newcastle really. They look terrible, have too many mediocre players and a lot of turnover, so building a core group to fashion a team around is difficult. I don't think anybody quite expected things to be this bad, though.

The geordies have been using Pardew as a scapegoat for the failings of the club for years (and still do, there's a billion page thread on him on their forum still active). At least they can legitimately blame Pardew for their defeat today!

After Mondays dreadful showing it's reassuring that Pardew could get such an improved performance out of the same starting line up.