Football thread 2015/16 season.

Naysonymous

They should stick Big Show up front the way they play.

Norn Iron got Germany, Poland & Ukraine.

I'm hoping they declare war on each other as it's our only chance of getting out of the group.

Haven't Leicester had a comparatively easy run of games?

The only team in the top 8 that Leicester haven't played yet is Manchester City so we haven't exactly had it that easy. However, they do have their hardest run of games this month (Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool and Man City).

The only team in the top 8 that Leicester haven't played yet is Manchester City so we haven't exactly had it that easy. However, they do have their hardest run of games this month (Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool and Man City).

Pffft, nine points from that lot, easy.

Let's spare a thought for the poor poor man utd team ridden with injury's (Bournemouth, cough cough).

And LvG sold Javier Hernandez in the summer and he scored a hat trick this afternoon for Bayer Leverkusen to make it 15 goals in his last 12 league games. I bet they wish they still had him in the squad now instead of resorting to plan b all the time.

I actually think they've done incredibly well to have spent £250m or whatever it is, and still ended up with a squad which is basically shite. That takes some doing.

I was watching them on Motd last night and trying to think which of their players would get into another top side's 11 or even squad. De Gea was the only obvious one who everyone would at least have in their squad. After that it's a bit of a struggle.

Maybe with Arsenal's current DM options all being crocked, someone like Schneiderlin or Carrick would do alright there for them. This is based on the idea that Arsenal couldn't sign anyone else at all obviously, but just had to pick someone from United's squad. So, on those narrow parameters...

I wonder how De Gea is feeling about that new contract he signed in the summer now. He's been their best player all season and they would be in mid table if it wasn't for him. As for their other players I think Martial, Memphis and Mata could walk into just about every other Premier League side as long as they were used properly.

I was under the impression De Gea's new contract was something of a face saving exercise for everyone, with no doubt a gentleman's agreement on the side that he could go next summer for a larger transfer fee.

I think Memphis and Martial need more time before you can say they would walk into City, Chelsea or Arsenal's 11 (squads.. . maybe).