rllmuk
Smoothy

Top Gear - Series 24

6 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

Was that a climbing wall attatched to the dam? :omg:

yes

world's tallest apparently

Was it not the dam from Goldeneye? It really looked like it, with the big sweeping curve.

Different dam. It's not an unusual dam design. Though both are in Ticino, Switzerland, about 20km apart.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Different dam. It's not an unusual dam design. Though both are in Ticino, Switzerland, about 20km apart.

Ah, I think it was the size of it and the mountains in the background as well that made me think it was the one from Goldeneye. It was probably designed by the same architects being so close as well.

Great stunt anyway!

Fitting for all that grief that Flinntoff aimed towards Harris. But the big lad does seem quite keen or mildly absent of brain cells when it comes to putting himself in the line of fire, looks like a fairly decent accident is had on that drag bike....

I watched this for the first time in ages last night. I was pleasantly surprised there was no awful guest interview bit. 

Nothing felt overly scripted either, no A-Team modding of their cars to make them "better", no "gifts", yes they pratted about and the costumes were initially a bit :rolleyes: but then you get Harris running away from golf balls in a deflated T-Rex costume and its all worth it.

2 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

I watched this for the first time in ages last night. I was pleasantly surprised there was no awful guest interview bit. 

Seems to be a one off though as they've got Romesh Ranganathan in the studio next week.  That harris bit with the t-rex had me in stitches.

You know what their three cars reminded me of? MSR/PGR. You know the oddities you’d get in every class of car? With the roof and window options?

That.

I'm a bit impressed with the Dirty Rascal. Maybe not power-wise though.

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm a bit impressed with the Dirty Rascal. Maybe not power-wise though.

Oh, SIARFC...

Looks like they're moving it to BBC One for the next series.

Was another good episode, they've found a formula that works and half that stuff that would have gone wrong with other Top Gear creations didn't happen here, based on this series and the last they definetly seem to have dropped most of the tired tropes from the Clarkson era 

Yeah, I fully expected the massive windows to be smashed, but they survived. 

I was waiting for it to topple over, it looked so unstable on the test course.

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Fuck me, the arse falling out of the Pontiac :lol:

Crying

That blue and white 3 wheeler thing keeps popping up along their route, can't be a coincidence? (It probably can)

These three have made watching Top Gear ok for me again. I think they're doing a pretty good job of it.

I've stopped watching for tonight, halfway through the Taycan piece. I'll finish the episode tomorrow morning before work. So far it's left me wanting to buy a Porsche Taycan and drive it through Peru.

And, also an old VW bus. And maybe a Dodge Dart.

Top Gear is finally back on form for me.

It's a decent watch again, I'm off to figure out how they get so much electricity into that Porsche in such a short amount of time......without setting things on fire.

14 hours ago, multi said:

That blue and white 3 wheeler thing keeps popping up along their route, can't be a coincidence? (It probably can)

Wasn't it many blue and white 3 wheeler things? They seemed to be the Peruvian equivalent of tuktuks...

They really seem to have hit their stride now. The show is funny throughout and it all seems a lot less forced and fake than Clarkson and co. There's decent chemistry between the presenters, especially now it's less "two big northerners take the piss out of the little southerner". Paddy can be a bit "uncle knobhead", though.

I'm kind of surprised they even bothered making a piece to actually air out of that instead of waiting a year for a, hopefully, proper one.

Great, Lawrence Dickhead Fox and... Emilia? Wife? Sister? Dunno.

Cousin. I assume this was filmed months before he exposed himself as a cunt on Question Time and Emelia clearly must have owed him a favour to get him on the show.

I was just coming on to say how much I was enjoying this (first of this series I'd seen) then saw the guests <_<

I felt Harris was pissed off with the team in the Baha maybe?

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I felt Harris was pissed off with the team in the Baha maybe?

Entirely justified, looked like a piss poor effort. I know a bloke that did some amateur off road endurance stuff like this on his quad. The prep and efforts he went to making sure everything was marked, easy to get too and fix, made this lot look like a bunch of idiots. And he was largely unsupported. Won a few times before he got fed up with the money it was costing to enter and drive round europe.