rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Lego Marvel Avengers - Jan 2016

I've renamed the Jurassic World/Lego Avengers thread to be just Jurassic world, especially now that that game is out. This can be the dedicated thread for Lego Marvel Avengers.

This is down for release toward the end of the year, possibly to coincide with Age of Ultron's Bluray debut.

Seems like a step backwards to release this after the Lego Marvel game. It's going to have a much smaller roster than the previous game if it just includes characters from the Avengers movies.

No doubt it'll still get a decent amount of sales cashing in on the marketing for Ultron's DVD/BR release.

This has been pushed back until Jan 2016. Wonder if that is so it doesn't interfere with Lego Dimensions in the run up to Christmas?

I loved the fact that Lego Marvel had clear nods to the MCU version of the Avengers while having a storyline that included & teamed up The Avengers, Spiderman, X-Men & Fantastic Four, which something that the current MCU can't manage.

This does mean however that I regard Lego Avengers as kind of redundant. I already have this massive Lego Marvel sandbox with a great MCU-Avengers inspired storyline, so what can this offer?

For me, no other Lego came has kept our attention for so long. The game was huge and there's was an incredible amount of stuff to do even when the main story was finished.

I can't see this beating that. Batman 3 and Jurassic World - we got bored of the former before finishing it and finished the latter in about 10 or so hours, and managed to wrap a good 85% of the other content in another ten or so.

Lego Marvel we clocked over 70 hours and still had a few bits left.

I've just got Lego Marvel Super Heroes for £8 on the Xbox Store, so hopefully I'll finish that in time for this.

I probably will end up picking this up at some point, though when it's cheaper. Only started Lego Marvel a few days ago (had it on my shelf for months) and really am blown away by the amount of content. Having done all the story missions and a fair bit of collecting I'm only at 23%. Really liked how the dude who plays Coulson actually provided his voice as well.

Still got Lego Batman 3 + the Lego Movie game to play as well as all the other XB1 titles I have so it'll be a while till I get round to this.

As with all of the Lego Marvel games, GAME has the minifigure exclusive. This time it's the Silver Centurion

Link

post-243-0-26775100-1451597334.png

He comes with the XBox One, PS4, PS3 and 360 versions of the game. The Iron Patriot minifigure that came with the last Lego Marvel game started going for a ridiculous amount of money after it sold out so you'd be advised to pick this one up sooner rather than later.

I really hope this is a return to form. Didn't enjoy Lego Movie or Batman 3 and Jurassic World was painfully easy (even for a Lego game) with no real desire to collect all the other unlockables.

I really hope this is a return to form. Didn't enjoy Lego Movie or Batman 3 and Jurassic World was painfully easy (even for a Lego game) with no real desire to collect all the other unlockables.

Yeah they were all such a step down from Lego Marvel Superheroes.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, just reading on the Neogaf thread that there's no Guardians of the Galaxy or Spider-Man.

DLC?

Spider-Man seems likely but next year they could do Lego Spider-Man and Lego Guardians of the Galaxy.

Xmen and Deadpool were in the first game so I wonder if this being based on a movie means they can't use them here? Still meant to be 200 characters. Does no Spider-man mean no Venom or Doc Oc?

Season pass for the Wii U is £7.99. First content out on the 29th, but nothing said about what it is.

Really?? Everything I've seen has said the Wii U isn't getting any of the DLC. That would be great if true.

Edit: Just seen it on Nintendo Life, Awesome!

The lack of X-Men and Fantastic Four is also likely due to a certain high up at Marvel who seems to be a petty, throw the toys out of the pram arse who doesn't want the X-Men and particularly the Fantastic Four featured in anything becaue he's butthurt about Fox having the rights and doesn't want to publicise their stuff in any way. There's been some insane stuff coming out like the creators of Marvel Heroes getting into trouble for having a Fantastic Four related sale when the movie was coming out and licencors told not to make any Fantastic Four or X-Men stuff. Ever wondered why there's been no toys for the last two X-Men movies and FF? Look no further.

It's a shame, but at least the previous game managed to sneak in under the radar and feature them, Spidey I wasn't sure about was half-expecting a Spidey pack in the season pass but doesn't look like it. Maybe they're waiting until Civil War comes out with the cameo?

It's also why in the comics the X-Men are being turned into a dead brand in favour of the terrible Inhumans and there's no Fantastic Four anymore. It's shite.

Does anyone know what time this unlocks on Steam?

It's a shame, but at least the previous game managed to sneak in under the radar and feature them, Spidey I wasn't sure about was half-expecting a Spidey pack in the season pass but doesn't look like it. Maybe they're waiting until Civil War comes out with the cameo?

Possibly waiting until the top secret costume design for the Civil War movie is officially announced?