rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Uzi

Super Mario Maker

Been a bit busy the past couple of days so only just realised this afternoon that I'm in the "shafted 7 times" club!

Got straight on to their hotline, and the guy who answered immediately got my back up by stating "the important thing is that your order is on the way" .... No mate the important thing is that you get the £280 back in my account as soon as fucking possible!

• Upvote 4

kamrantaz's game shares must be through the roof right now - the business that manages to sell a product for seven times what their competitors are charging have got their heads screwed on.

Someone on NeoGAF just said that if GAME accidentally charged them 7 times, they'd want 7 copies of the game. They wouldn't want their money back, they'd want 7 copies of the game :lol:

This is why I barely post on there, because there are so many absolute mentals you just can't deal with them.

The one and only time i've used Game was for the Bayonetta Double pack LE I just HAD to have, never used them since. Hope you guys get everything resolved ASAP.

Just got my dispatch email from shop to!!

I wasn't even that hyped for this tbh, but i've just watched the stream of the NWC :omg:

• Upvote 1

Someone on NeoGAF just said that if GAME accidentally charged them 7 times, they'd want 7 copies of the game. They wouldn't want their money back, they'd want 7 copies of the game :lol:

Some bloke with the same username as you is being a right dick in that thread!

Some bloke with the same username as you is being a right dick in that thread!

I've really only made two statements in that thread:

- People who can't afford to buy videogames shouldn't buy videogames.

- People who are affected by GAME's system error will be refunded and no one will be out of pocket.

I'm honestly not sure why either is so controversial but GAF is GAF.

• Downvote 24

Nintendo gonna slay the NPD's this month...

• Upvote 1

I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered with Game, I wish the Nintendo Store would dispatch though, it seems like everyone else but them already has!

Compensation should be mandatory just for having to deal with their incompetent customer services team.

"To apologise for this we have credited 100 reward points to your account."

I've really only made two statements in that thread:

- People who can't afford to buy videogames shouldn't buy videogames.

Bollocks. Not having a £300 buffer doesn't mean you can't afford videogames. There will be people who can't afford their rent/mortgage/food because of this.

• Upvote 5

I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered with Game, I wish the Nintendo Store would dispatch though, it seems like everyone else but them already has!

I cancelled a Zavvi order to go with Game as it would save me £2. Oh the irony.

Bollocks. Not having a £300 buffer doesn't mean you can't afford videogames. There will be people who can't afford their rent/mortgage/food because of this.

Yeah I've already had this discussion, John.

• Downvote 2

I always order with my credit card to avoid this whole overdraft charges risk.

I wouldn't be so sure, if it arrives in the post and they don't charge me then I'd be tempted to go for it again in the future. :ph34r:

I think they've probably charged half a dozen people for everyone's preorders. So U-1 has probably paid for yours and mine. Thanks U-1!

It doesn't just work for games. You can apply this simple rule to anything.

People who can not afford to go skiing in Switzerland should not be having a weekend at Butlins.

People who can not afford to eat at The Ivy should not be going to KFC.

People who do not have £500 in their current account should not be buying a lottery ticket.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's utter bollocks. Anyone who can afford £40 (ish) for a game and who's pre-ordered a £40 game have every right to object when a vendor extracts £300 quid from their account.

There's nothing more to it and nobody is required to have an arbitrary £300 (or whatever Toythatkills demands) buffer.

• Upvote 6

Toythatkills, I like you man, but that is some horse shit. Did you get picked on by poor people or something?

If people can afford a video game, let them buy a video game. Even IF it's with their last money; people need to spend their money on what makes them happy. Sometimes a good video game is all that someone with a shitty income may have for a few weeks. Being charged like crazy has nothing to do with their budget, and I hope GAME reeeeaaally makes it up to the people who may have gotten fucked by this error.

• Upvote 5

Adoring the chance to defend myself again, everyone has their own slightly different take on what I said in order to take maximum outrage from it :(

In no way am I trying to say that people should only buy things if they have 10x the money in their account just in case the vendor fucks it up. That would be mental. I was referring to that one specific situation outlined by John above in which someone has been charged £300 so they lose their house and starve to death. Completely irrespective of GAME, now, I said that if I had £300 in my account and literally no money coming from anywhere else, I'd spend that money on food and rent before I spend it on videogames. That's not a £300 "buffer," that's literally £300. If you'd spend it on videogames, that's cool, but I wouldn't. It's not about whether you're accidentally going to be overcharged, it's about what you're going to do with the last £300 you have in the whole world. Even assuming I would only be charged once, I still wouldn't be spending £40 of my last £300 on a game. That's a pretty significant sum when all you've got is £300.

But then to go back to John's point:

Not only is it not about a "buffer," but you just deleted my second point so that you could be angry at my first. People will be able to afford their mortgage, food, etc, because GAME are not keeping this money. They will get it back. People will be inconvenienced and that's really annoying but no one will be out of pocket.

Anyway, people can buy what they like with their money and I was wrong to say people shouldn't buy videogames if all they had in their bank account was £300, but I'm not going to say I was wrong to do what I did when I was in that situation, which was to spend money on the stuff that kept me alive first. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but yeah, I wouldn't do anything differently if I had to go back and live like that again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Eh, if Game took all the money from my account and then someone tried to collect on a Direct Debit or whatever then I definitely would be out of pocket.

• Upvote 1

Not only is it not about a "buffer," but you just deleted my second point so that you could be angry at my first. People will be able to afford their mortgage, food, etc, because GAME are not keeping this money. They will get it back. People will be inconvenienced and that's really annoying but no one will be out of pocket.

I didn't delete anything, I quoted the relevant part of your post.

Yes, of course it'll eventually be refunded. But what if you have direct debits today/yesterday? What if you need to eat every day, not just some arbitrary date in the future? It's a lot more than an inconvenience if you need the money now.

So, yes it is about a buffer.