IGNORED

Super Mario Maker

Uzi

I've been unemployed, £1800 into a £2000 overdraft, avoiding repeated calls daily from my credit card company because I haven't paid off any of my maxed-out card in the last six months, throwing the resulting debt collection letters in the bin because it was easier than opening them. At this point I wasn't thinking about buying video games. I appreciate that not everyone will ever find themselves in that situation and with a job it's pretty easy to buy stuff because you know you've got more money coming next month even if you go over this month a bit. It's not about being charged seven times for a game, it's about being charged one time.

If you or anyone else can genuinely tell me that if you were in the situation I was in above, that you'd spend £40 on a video game, I would be really surprised, but obviously that's your choice and fuck all to do with me. I did what I did, you'd do what you'd do.

But yeah, there's no need to answer that, let's leave it. The box-arts are way prettier than this conversation is!

What?! Why are you referencing this experience? What relevance does it have to anything? We have been talking about the hardship which may be caused by a company taking funds they are not entitled to from a bank account, which is completely different. In fact, how does this anecdote compare in any way with your previous position:

- People who can't afford to buy videogames shouldn't buy videogames.

People with cash to hand can afford videogames, but probably can not afford for a company to take an undisclosed amount from their current account without warning.

I've been unemployed, £1800 into a £2000 overdraft, avoiding repeated calls daily from my credit card company because I haven't paid off any of my maxed-out card in the last six months, throwing the resulting debt collection letters in the bin because it was easier than opening them. At this point I wasn't thinking about buying video games. I appreciate that not everyone will ever find themselves in that situation and with a job it's pretty easy to buy stuff because you know you've got more money coming next month even if you go over this month a bit. It's not about being charged seven times for a game, it's about being charged one time.

If you or anyone else can genuinely tell me that if you were in the situation I was in above, that you'd spend £40 on a video game, I would be really surprised, but obviously that's your choice and fuck all to do with me. I did what I did, you'd do what you'd do.

But yeah, there's no need to answer that, let's leave it. The box-arts are way prettier than this conversation is!

Nobody is talking about your situation, though. They're saying that it's a joke that people are going to be charged by their banks because Game fucked up. You saying they're going to get their money back is neither here nor there, it's a shit and depressing situation for those that have lost THREE HUNDRED POUNDS because game are inept. Also I can't see game paying for people going into their overdraft because the Mario money left them without enough to pay other direct debits. They'll probably pay back charges their own game caused and that'll be that.

Edit: What he said ^^^^

Of course it's about being charged 7 times. If you've got £300 in your account and you're due to get paid in the next couple of days and you know you've got no other bills. They then proceed to take multiple payments from you account you're not expecting, how the hell is that the purchasers fault? I think your previous situation has clouded your judgement.

Glad you've managed to sort yourself out though.

Now that we're going round and round in circles I'm pretty sure it's best we stop. I'll leave the posts there that are there so everyone can see what a despicable cunt I am for not buying games when I had no money, but anything after this will be removed. If you want to continue the discussion (why?) then PM me and I'll gladly respond as best I can to whatever you have to say without spoiling the launch of a new Mario game.

Just want to keep this on topic now.

Super Mario Maker is almost out. People will be making Mario games tomorrow. Let's talk about that.

I just saw the most beautiful troll level on twitch. There's a hard lower route and a hidden upper route with an unavoidable goomba on the way up to make you small. So you go all the way to the end on top of the level feeling clever about finding the secret route only to find a troll face at the end and bricks you can't break because you're small. It's evil, but I had to laugh at the wsy it subverts your expectations.

You can download & edit levels you find online right? You just can't re-upload them, & quite right too.

I'd be interested in downloading Super-Hard levels like that just so I could spend time examining & tweaking them, learning what makes them hard & how to make them less so, which I would then keep in mind when designing my own levels.