rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Uzi

Super Mario Maker

Made a course, couple of questions..

I thought moving wii u clock forward would unlock everything but it didn't. Am I doing it wrong?

How can I make goombas or koopa troopers stay in one place or turn round once they reach edge of the platform rather than fall to their doom?

Oh

69A2-0000-0012-13F3

Not sure for Goombas but if you shake a koopa it'll turn red and won't go off edges.

I made another one.

C5AE-0000-0012-1AD2

Not sure for Goombas but if you shake a koopa it'll turn red and won't go off edges.

Ahh, nice one! The way it drip feeds this stuff is genius. I accidentally discovered when you drag a mushroom onto a goomba it makes it bigger.

Just finished my second course. Not too difficult either!: F6F3-0000-0012-2415

Most of the levels I've played have been shit.

My level currently has 88 attempts, a clear rate of 1.13% and two comments, 'grrrr' and 'I died so many times'.

The good news is, that's about as difficult as my fading Mario skills will allow if I want to get around to uploading my stuff. Hopefully with more items unlocked, tomorrow's task can be to make something that's fun. :o

• Upvote 1

Easy Jumping 0B66-0000-000F-B93C seems to be my most starred level and my latest upload is 1st Ghost House 4115-0000-0011-6765 for those that want to try them.

Also try these 1st under water level 9687-0000-0010-3618 and Simple Jumping CA63-0000-0011-4221 as no one has completed them and I don't like that no one has completed them, they aren't hard, I did 'em and I'm shite.

Yeah I had used red koopas but I could have sworn try still fell off the edge. Apparently not..

Most levels I played where indeed a bit crap. Im enjoying it but kinda long for a 3d Mario maker..

For Goombas I tend to put a block on each end of the platform they are walking on, so they can't fall off. I don't think you can do it any other way... Unless you can unlock something that'll stop them later that doesn't get in the way.

Just prepping my first level with the basic tool set.

Is it possible to do warp pipes or do they come later?

I put some fire breathing piranha's in some pipes and the timing of them seems way off...

The Great Escape (B2FA-0000-000F-8C2E) is the best level I've played so far.

Just played that, it was great fun!

I've made my first stage: 0464-0000-0012-33BE

I'm looking forward to all the other wee things unlocking.

Check out the on-disk manual as well, a hell of a lot of work has gone into it. It's great how obviously passionate the creators were about encouraging and teaching good level design. The hardback book that comes with it is really lovely too.

I really like the mini-tutorial at the beginning - shows exactly how to do everything you need to begin with, without overloading the player.

I was indifferent to this when it was announced, but the missus ordered it for me...i think she wants the t-shirt, she's not getting it, but now i'm really loking forward to getting my hands on this today. i have literally no imagination when it comes to creating things though. I have all 3 disney infinity games and still havent even attempted to make anything in the toybox.

The Great Escape (B2FA-0000-000F-8C2E) is the best level I've played so far.

Agreed, it's a little rough around the edges but it has some good ideas. It's so addictive when the notifications start rolling in, it must be amazing to come up with a hit level and get thousands.

• Upvote 1

How does the game structure work then? Is there a 'campaign' a la LBP or is it just a matter of picking levels you like the look of? Has it got facility for any kind of curation whereby a series of levels can be put together into a package?

Played around with this a little before work this morning, & though I liked playing the pre-made levels what sucked me in (And almost made me late) was finding a rather simplistic Sonic-themed level & tasking myself with trying to 'improve' it. For instance, I discovered that the Sonic 'Costume' (And by extension, all Amiibo 'costumes') can be auto-applied at the start simply by placing the Mystery Mushroom directly above Mario's head at the start of the level so it falls onto him, no question block needed.

Even now I keep thinking of ways the level could be both streamlined for speed & made more involving. Who knows, maybe I'll make it so good I'll be inspired to get of my lazy butt & make my own Sonic Level rather than messing with someone else's hard work.

Too late for me but a good move.

Some great stuff in this video. These guys have been playing the game for over a year so they know all the tricks.

Does anyone know how you change the big hand that appears on the TV? Gamexplain have a vid showing them all but don't explain how you do it.

I've just had a delivery from Game even though they refunded the money I paid through PayPal. I feel a teeny bit guilty, then I remember they've sent me second hand games in the past when I've ordered new ones and the guilt goes away a bit.

If you can put up with the nasal accents - the trolling at the end of the last level they play is absolutely BRILLIANT (skip to about 12 minutes in)

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/09/10/super-mario-maker-5-fun-levels-and-one-troll-made-in-mario?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

That's great and going to be replicated SO many times.

What the hell is up with that SlenderMario though :o