rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Uzi

Super Mario Maker

I played it for two hours or so and got no unlocking notifications :(

It's pretty cool you get notifications when people play your level though.

Yeah I don't think it's true, I haven't seen any sign of it happening.

I unlocked more stuff after putting every available item in the stage (it popped when I placed the second row's mystery mushroom).

Once you upload but want to adjust things later, are t changes accounted for in the upload or will it treat it as a separate upload? If you want only one version of that level spread out to the servers, and such.

My London Underground level is out there, codes later.

It'll be a separate upload. Which is a tad annoying.

And things do unlock quicker, if you keep messing with creating levels, the truck will arrive with a message saying something like the truck has arrived unexpectedly or something to that effect. I've had a fair few trucks appear early.

My order from Nintendo is being delivered by Yodel :doh:

They delivered mine yesterday. Anyway it could be worse, sometimes they use Heremes.

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!1

The limited edition really is quite lovely...

... pity I'm working and I can't play it yet...

I think simpler levels are more likely to be enjoyed and starred. I find myself skipping alot of levels as soon as it becomes clear it's going to be long and convoluted. On that note here's a simple one.

9CD5-0000-0014-A318.

I've nearly hit my upload limit now, I may have to start removing the unpopular ones.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know how you change the big hand that appears on the TV? Gamexplain have a vid showing them all but don't explain how you do it.

You can change the hand by clicking the stick in. Both sticks work like this, one cycles through left handed hands and the other right handed.

• Upvote 2

I've decided to see if simple's better with my second course.

82C4-0000-0014-91AC

Too easy?

You have a curious definition of easy! Then again I probably do too, I thought my last one was a little over-simple, but when my wife tried it she couldn't finish it, and she's finished NSMBU before.

well GAME have really messed this one up, charged me for 5, only refunded 2, promised me a call back after investigating the extra charges and then not called me back.

to top it all off the bloody thing hasn't come.

as a pre-order experience don't think it could have gone more wrong really.

Mine's arrived but I'm working so I won't get to try it until later. I did have a quick look at the art book which is very nice.

A question about the book though - in the last few pages are example SMB levels and at the end of each one is a four digit number. Is that number a code to download that level? Cos if so, there's also a 4 digit number in Miyamoto's signature on the last page, which presumably downloads or unlocks something special.

Edit: Minamoto?

I think simpler levels are more likely to be enjoyed and starred. I find myself skipping alot of levels as soon as it becomes clear it's going to be long and convoluted. On that note here's a simple one.

9CD5-0000-0014-A318.

I've nearly hit my upload limit now, I may have to start removing the unpopular ones.

I quite enjoyed this one!

Going with something different. I'm still on a very limited tool set so I'm making whatever I can think of. No wall jumps this time.

0720-000-0015-6392
  • Upvote 1

Do we maybe need a dedicated thread for codes?

Anyways, here's a very boggo one from me called Floating Away: 28CA-0000-0015-837B

I'm already day dreaming, planning future levels. Can't wait to unlock the Super Mario World theme!

How do you unlock it?

Thanks

I made a level, which isn't especially good, but I figure if we all list our first levels here at least we can follow everyone on here that way, as there doesn't seem to be a way of searching for friends or usernames any other way

FF82-0000-0015-A4C9

• Upvote 1

It'll be a separate upload. Which is a tad annoying.

Aye figured it out but it's not plain as day simple. If you keep the same level name after editing the uploaded level, you'll need to go to the list that shows people having played the old one, selecting it and deleting that way (reducing t uploads from 2 back to 1, in my case)

My second level is Up, up and away!

Certainly feels longer than 15mins to unlock things. Kind of surprised 3 and World being locked from the start.