rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Uzi

Super Mario Maker

I really like how Nintendo have gone to the trouble of making the level creation process fun. The altered version of the level music that plays in the editor & the sound effects & animations that play as you drag, drop & shake the level elements are all things that IMO will make actually creating levels less daunting, as is the 'ghost' Mario trail that helps you judge where to place things.

"You can even make your own sound effects."

There's only one way this is going.

I for one look forward to Rick Astley and Trolololo all day long.

This looks much better than I expected, to the point that I can't help but feel like Nintendo have potentially created a rod for their own back. Loads of people complained that NSMBU was just a case of rehashed gameplay and asset reuse, even though it had some great level design and was good fun to play. Pretty much any new 2D Mario game from now on is going to get hit with "They just spent five minutes creating this in Super Mario Maker!", regardless of how good it is.

Loads of people complained that NSMBU was just a case of rehashed gameplay and asset reuse, even though it had some great level design and was good fun to play.

NEG posting it over and over and over again isn't lots of people!

• Upvote 4

just checked that neogaf thread.... 30 pages!

so funny, but i really hope lots of them are just taking the piss.

I had to bail out of it due to some of the sheer stupidity on display. Think I lasted like 8 pages or something. I imagine the 30 pages after that are the most hellish display of going around in circles.

You shouldn't have to wait 8 days to unlock everything.

Make it 30 days , the Wii U will start to gather dust again otherwise.

That's the thing, you'd think it was 8 years the way some are reacting. While I think there probably should be an "unlock it all if you want" option, you can probably just set the date forward to get the unlocks or something anyway. And if not... it's a week, why not learn a bit rather than just make some instant abomination with every single item, effect and sound effect ever that plays like shit. Oh I forgot, everyone is a master level designer just because they've played Mario a bit.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I pre ordered this a while ago from the Nintendo store but I've just bought a new house and I'm worried that the move will have gone through before it comes out. I've contacted their customer services and apparently there's no way to change the delivery address, can that really be right? If so I may have to cancel and reorder it, but it's the limited edition with the amiibo and t shirt which of course is out of stock now! Anyone have any experience trying to change a delivery address with the Nintendo store?

In the unlikely event of a house move being completed that fast, just get your mail redirected. Although that costs thirty quid.

This and Fallout 4 are all I'll need for the rest of the year gaming wise. This is like my best dream come true. The latest media for this is fantastic, and we're only seeing the start of the level creation that'll be made available. Pre-order confirmed!!

I should have realized Sonic sprite was going to happen sooner when they announced amiibo sprites. :doh:

:: orders 10 copies ::

If we don't need to buy the Amiibos as implied above that's major Nintendo respect earned.

Oft, Aul Jim gave a total shanner of a performance there.

Also, this is absolutely going to be the best of all the videogames. I become more and more confident in that the more I see.

I should have realized Sonic sprite was going to happen sooner when they announced amiibo sprites. :doh:

:: orders 10 copies ::

If we don't need to buy the Amiibos as implied above that's major Nintendo respect earned.

You need to buy the Amiibos. I don't think there was any implication that they weren't needed.

Back in E3 several video walkthroughs stated you can unlock the amiibo sprites ingame.

Which level of hell did Dante put "watching people playing 2D Mario terribly... with an analogue stick" on?

Almost certainly the sixth circle.

You need to buy the Amiibos. I don't think there was any implication that they weren't needed.

See this post for more info on implication:

You can unlock all Amiibo characters in the mode apparently.

The only thing that's still missing AFAIK is the ability to create diagonal floors, it's all horizontal and vertical now. But still can't wait for this.

I don't think it allows multiplayer either, which is a shame.