rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Uzi

Super Mario Maker

2 hours ago, deKay said:

How did you get your account banned?

I was using mods with Mario maker , I accidentally uploaded a course whilst using them - so the thumbnail stood out like a sore thumb.

I managed to unban my wii u eventually ( surprisingly easy when you know what to do ) but my account attached to the system was banned too so all my courses and stars where gone too.

54 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

I was using mods with Mario maker , I accidentally uploaded a course whilst using them - so the thumbnail stood out like a sore thumb.

I managed to unban my wii u eventually ( surprisingly easy when you know what to do ) but my account attached to the system was banned too so all my courses and stars where gone too.

So all your digital games and stuff are gone too?

2 hours ago, deKay said:

So all your digital games and stuff are gone too?

I expect (hope!) I can play them, i just can't re-download them. Never really thought about that before. 

I'm getting really interested in Super Mario Maker 2, as someone who never had a Wii U and so I never got to see it before.

In my excitement I... uh... I picked up the 3DS version. It was only 14 quid! I know perfectly well that it's hated because you can't upload levels or find other people's levels. However, I thought it might give me some "practice" so that I'm already familiar with everything before SMM2 drops in June. (I also looked into the price of a second-hand Wii U, but that would be going too far. June is only four months away. Four long slow months).

I don't even know why I'm excited -- I seriously doubt my ability to create levels that would be worth anyone's time. I'm not even very good at playing Mario games, and I must admit that I've never played SMB3 or World beyond fairly brief emulation dabbling. So I feel like I should become more familiar with the design language of these games first -- after all, how can you be a good filmmaker if you've hardly watched any films? Or a good writer if you don't read books? I think I'll have a proper crack at SMB3 and SMW before June.

I'm over-thinking it. I've already seen that most SMM's user-made levels don't play much like Nintendo'-designed levels. Give people the tools to make Super Mario, and they end up making really complicated puzzley weird stuff! 

16 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

I'm getting really interested in Super Mario Maker 2, as someone who never had a Wii U and so I never got to see it before.

In my excitement I... uh... I picked up the 3DS version. It was only 14 quid! I know perfectly well that it's hated because you can't upload levels or find other people's levels. However, I thought it might give me some "practice" so that I'm already familiar with everything before SMM2 drops in June. (I also looked into the price of a second-hand Wii U, but that would be going too far. June is only four months away. Four long slow months).

I don't even know why I'm excited -- I seriously doubt my ability to create levels that would be worth anyone's time. I'm not even very good at playing Mario games, and I must admit that I've never played SMB3 or World beyond fairly brief emulation dabbling. So I feel like I should become more familiar with the design language of these games first -- after all, how can you be a good filmmaker if you've hardly watched any films? Or a good writer if you don't read books? I think I'll have a proper crack at SMB3 and SMW before June.

I'm over-thinking it. I've already seen that most SMM's user-made levels don't play much like Nintendo'-designed levels. Give people the tools to make Super Mario, and they end up making really complicated puzzley weird stuff! 

Same - i have the 3ds version but never really touched it. I hear the 100 Nintendo levels are pretty decent. However, will be good to use it as practice i guess.

I will say SMM uses different phyics compared to SMW/SMB3 etc so they do feel a bit weird. Some people are speculating because SMM2 looks like a new engine, that it will have refined/changed physics. I must admit i do prefer the SNES SMW physics over SMM SMW but it could be a pain for everyone to effectively get used to the physics again if they do get changed!

There are Nintendo style levels out there, but most people prefer the harder style courses as they are more challenging. I personally love levels that think outside the box. 

All of my Super Mario Maker time is spent with my son making courses designed to kill me then giggling when I die and making it harder.

I love courses like this. Not too extreme, but require some kind of element of puzzle design!

Gotta admit my thumbnail turned out better than expected :lol:

• Upvote 1