Arkham Knight PC tech-talk: settings, performance etc

Mortis

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/batman_arkham_knight/news/batman_arkham_knights_pc_update_is_looking_fantastic_says_nvidia.html

I'm hoping that this hits in early August, I want to start my New Game + run-through.

I got 100% of the Riddler trophies first time around, so it should be a much more streamlined experience.

I just want to start a playthrough that doesn't fall into a stuttering, unplayable mess as soon as the batmobile is involved :(

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/batman_arkham_knight/news/batman_arkham_knights_pc_update_is_looking_fantastic_says_nvidia.html

I'm hoping that this hits in early August, I want to start my New Game + run-through.

I got 100% of the Riddler trophies first time around, so it should be a much more streamlined experience.

I love how the first line in that article is:

"People are going to be delighted" when Warner makes this version available

I'm sure people are going to be many things, considering god knows how many weeks we've not been able to use a product we paid money up front for, but delighted isn't one of them. What a load of crap.

Despite now owning a PS4 I refuse to double dip as my bloody PC copy should bloody work :angry:

I'll be relieved, rather than delighted, if the patch solves the performance issues and means I can finally play the game (despite having accidentally spoiled some of the plot for myself in the months since launch through incautious browsing).

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing a lot of Ground Zeroes as of late and I'm kind of amazed how right they got a console port, by a Japanese company no less.

You can even skip the splash screens by the press of a button. Shocker!

The Steam community will have you believe that it's a piss poor port because you're capped at 60fps unless you're willing to have the physics go wonky. 60fps isn't enough any more if you want to be MLG-PRO.

For those of you who bought this from CDKeys, they actually gave me a refund on my order today, which was unexpected (granted I'd sent them a few emails).

Now I can wait and see how far this interim patch goes when it comes out, and if necessary, rebuy it from them at a much cheaper price.

For those of you who bought this from CDKeys, they actually gave me a refund on my order today, which was unexpected (granted I'd sent them a few emails).

Now I can wait and see how far this interim patch goes when it comes out, and if necessary, rebuy it from them at a much cheaper price.

Cheers, will email them as well to see if I can get my moneys back.

I really wasn't expecting them to do it to be honest, they just put in the email that WB would revoke the key and the game would disappear from my Steam library, which is totally fine.

Hope you get the same result! It's still a tenner on their website, so cheap to rebuy later if the issues ever get fixed.

I tried the same and after a few emails they've now replied with:

We are aware of some game play related issues affecting certain users of Batman Arkham Knight PC.

We are currently looking into the options available to solve this unfortunate problem and will update our customers shortly with a solution.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this will no doubt have caused.

Shall I wait and see or press them further? I haven't mentioned yet that other people have received refunds.