IGNORED

Arkham Knight PC tech-talk: settings, performance etc

Mortis

Yeah problem with giving PC users all dlc for free is what about the people who paid for the season pass? I'd be a little annoyed if WB gave it to everyone, even if i think PC gamers should be given some kind of compensation.

It annoys me i paid £25 quid at launch when i can't play it and friends have paid £7 quid or so in the past few weeks for it in preperation for it to be fixed.

If they release it without a new patch then people will just complain again but even with that patch it had many issues.

Of course it won't be in the same state.. they already updated it to fix some performance issues. But they failed to mention any changes other than the ones they made since then. So it upset people when they posted a wall of DLC content without so much as a mention of anything relating to next week's release, except to confirm it was being released. I'm not saying they didn't change anything, just noting that they didn't confirm any changes.. except in a post from oct 2nd, which even then they were super vague about it.

But I guess we'll see, and I hope you're right and that it works very smooth on the majority of compatible hardware.

They probably will, it's just some community /pr-guy from Warner Bros. not taking into account what has happened with this game up until now and writing up a standard press release. Not realising how it comes across when the message reads as "good news, you can give us even more money when all the DLC comes out this Wednesday so get your wallets out! Yeah!"

The compensation for PC owners is... uh... copies of Asylum, City and Origins.

It's highly unlikely anyone playing the fourth game in a series and concluding game in a trilogy would own the previous ones. It's clever from WB because it is compensation, albeit one that they'll barely have to fulfil.

Yep, I already own them all. Could have at least provided gift copies or a choice of games.

I've just turned my PC on and it's downloading a 10GB patch for me.

Also the compensation gifts include the Community Challenge Pack DLC and "Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community." That's along with the old Arkham games if you haven't got them already, and they'll be available for anyone who purchases the game before November 16th.

If you don't already own any batman games on PC it is a great thing to get the whole library. That's why I'm hoping I get the gifts, so I can at least give them away or something rather than get a big fat zilch. It is fairly obvious that people getting this day 1 on PC when it was broken would already own the previous games so meh.

Anyway, I haven't played this since June and now appears to work pretty well - 1080p, all the gameworks stuff off, otherwise everything maxed, appears to be smooth (60fps cap). So that's good news for me anyway.

Apparently there is zero improvement to the performance in this patch and literally only adds the DLC, with performance and bugs all identical to how it was after the interim patch in August. If that is true (I don't have the game, so I can't confirm) that would be pretty shitty. And sad. But mostly shitty. Also explains why Uzi is seeing improvements - he hasn't played the game since June and skipped the interim patch. I don't think the interim patch is aptly named tbh.

I fired it up and it doesn't seem to have made any improvements in regards to the settings I can apply to the game and the gameworks stuff still eats more of my VRAM than I think it should. I'm no dev in the slightest, so it might be legit but it seems a bit odd.

Apparently they also mass-labelled the Steam reviews prior to today "pre-release" so they don't show up as relevant on the store page, as if it's been in Early Access all this time.

This is more to do with how Steam flags reviews for games that aren't released I think. It's not nefarious behaviour from WB but they've definitely taken advantage of it.

Apparently pre-release promises to get all the retailer exclusive DLC also fell through.

This is more to do with how Steam flags reviews for games that aren't released I think. It's not nefarious behaviour from WB but they've definitely taken advantage of it.

It is nefarious behaviour because the game launched in June on PC, nothing in August or September is "pre-release".

If anything the game is even buggier than before!

It crashes with steamworks turned on for me now when loading a game.

Also, go change the resolution and the screen goes crazy and flickers. My mates PC is mental playing this game. Graphics appear and sissapear as he plays and his batman is glowing red.

A screenshot of my game after i have changed resolution (you can still play it in the tiny box top left)

post-441-0-67788200-1446068980_thumb.jpg

post-441-0-28309000-1446069099.jpg

Well, the interim patch and whatever the fuck they've done now have definitely messed things up for me. I was quite happily running the game on release with no problems at all - hadn't a clue about the degradation of the graphics compared with the console versions!

But I thought I'd hold off for a while and see what happened.

Shouldn't have done that.

It's pretty shitty now, to be honest.