Arkham Knight PC tech-talk: settings, performance etc

Mortis

Nabbed from Gaf

Some acknowledgement from Rocksteady on official forum'Hi allWe're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.ThanksCODA'

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/td-p/571341/jump-to/first-unread-message

There's no way that this is coming as a surprise though - it's not like it's only a handful of setups having major frame drops - another case of it's not finished but ship it anyway and we'll patch it later on if they complain.

Yeah people seem to think it's Iron Galaxy but they also did the PC version of Origins and Bioshock Infinite which both ran really well. Anyway it's Rocksteady and WB with their name on the box so they should take the blame in the end. One day of playtesting should have had them holding the PC port back for a few weeks till it worked properly.

NeoGaf - so it's probably bullshit but that kind of download would basically be the entire game engine redownloaded - wonder if they've done something stupid like uploaded an old build without optimisation? I just can't see how they'd let it out the door in the state it's in - regardless of release dates.

At least it's provided entertainment on a quiet day in work - watching Gaf have another meltdown over a game release.

I'm actually glad to hear somethings wrong because when I ran the benchmark yesterday the game looked like shit! Framerate aside just looked a bit poo. I recently replayed arkham city maxed out and that looked better. Hopefully gets sorted soon. Will

Will play the witcher in the meantime

Amusingly (sort of) the Benchmark will show all frame rates (my average was 55FPS), despite the fact the game is locked to 30fps by default unless you editted the ini.

I'm well up for some Batman, and really tempted to just go to AA/AC tonight for my fix (even though AK was running ok for me)

Apparently the PC is also capped at "normal" textures, so even if you get a decent frame rate you'll be behind the console versions :(

Not sure I even want to try playing it tonight. I even heard there aren't that many graphics options to change? PC games should have lots of options to mess around with!

It's almost as though they completely forgot about it. I'd quite welcome a 20-30GB patch at this stage as at least it will show there was a massive cock up.

Witcher 3 had some issues at launch but nothing compared to this and the support has been brilliant.

WB did the same thing with Mortal Kombat X at launch. That was another game that were being sold pre launch for fuck all - I think incredibly low prices is a WB warning saying "the PC release will be broken lol". Thankfully MKX is lots better now but it DID need a 13 gig patch a few days after release.

I'm going to hold off playing it for now. I'm in no rush. Not tempted to get the PS4 version because that's £40 to play it locked to 30fps anyway and than another 20-30 for the season pass. The PC version was 24 quid all in. I'd rather wait.

tdlr - fuck warner brothers

Witcher 3 had some issues at launch but nothing compared to this and the support has been brilliant.

They've also released 10 free pieces of DLC so far. I love CD Projekt.

It certainly looks like the release has been a massive clusterfuck by Warner/Rocksteady from the special editions being cancelled/30 different DLC options/piss poor optimisation on PC etc.

Oops.. someone got caught out on GAF too..

ObF1VKl.png

Quite surprised by this the first two ran flawlessly.

Few places saying Warner Brothers montreal 'helped' handle the pc port which explains a lot considering how fucked Origins was.

Maybe Rocksteady could have ported this like before if they weren't drowning the game in pre order and DLC bullshit. -.-

what resolution?

1920x1080. However since posting that I've noticed other issues. The Frame rate does drop a lot during batmobile sections, cutscenes, while fine, are staggered. The opening scrawl (WB Games logo, Rocksteady logo etc) judders like no ones business and the sound goes wonky there. I've had to turn evertything down low and turned off V-Sync, but textures, mianly on random enemies, are muddy as hell.

I did expect to have issues since I have the minimum spec card (everything else is recommended or below) but what I didn't expect to see is someone with a PC/card that cost 4 times as much as mine having the exact same problems.

Fuck's sake - I was looking forward to coming home and complaining about the game not running properly, but instead I'm going to have to complain about the fact that Steam has decided that the 23gb I'd downloaded last night was that much gas, and has started the whole bloody 33gb download from scratch. Fantastic.

Mine must be broken, because it's running at 60fps/1440p. I turned the Nvidia stuff off because I frankly can't be bothered with it, every single Nvidia-specific feature in every single game I've played recently has been a giant waste of time.

The one problem I'm having is the classic Unreal Engine issue:

FNcz7Hi.jpg

RDyxDDh.jpg

:lol: