Arkham Knight PC tech-talk: settings, performance etc

Mortis

I've not noticed any problem with textures, but I'm getting the stuttering problem, and that's with all gameworks stuff off and the 30 FPS lock.

Shame because the gameplay looks good. It's a pity we're all stuck discussing the technical flaws of the game and not about how well it plays. There's no point lavishing attention on a game and then farming out a crap PC port.

Actual performance hasn't been terrible for me. Not great though, there's a bit of stutter and I was suspicious about missing textures before I saw that rain shot on the previous page. But I could kind of put up with that minor stuff. It has however crashed to desktop twice in about an hour of play.

I think I'll leave it for a week or so. Polish up the Witcher 3 instead.

They've also released 10 free pieces of DLC so far. I love CD Projekt.

Quoted for truth. The more I play Witcher III the more love I feel for them. Endless amounts of content, all brilliant, at no extra cost. And when they do charge for DLC it will be 20-30 hours worth. I wish more companies would take a leaf out of their book.

OK, just to add some balance, it's running beautifully on mine. Everything on maximum, framerate set at 60. I'm getting drops of about 8-10FPS at moments when it's really chaotic (Batmobile combat), and that's the worst I can say. Loading times are fast from an SSD (I assume the locking up shown in the Batmobile arrival video is down to this, because I got no pause at all in that scene), and I'm not getting any pop-in. I'm also getting the rain effects supposedly missing from the picture a few posts up. Basically, aside from the minor FPS dips it's running flawlessly.

i7-4790 3.6GHz

16GB RAM

4GB 970 GTX

Samsung 840 EVO SSD

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I know this is mostly for naught when it comes to PC gaming, YMMV and all that. The only other thing I would say is that this PC exists only to play games on. It has Steam and Battle.net installed and absolutely nothing else, not even an antivirus :ph34r:

Fuck's sake - I was looking forward to coming home and complaining about the game not running properly, but instead I'm going to have to complain about the fact that Steam has decided that the 23gb I'd downloaded last night was that much gas, and has started the whole bloody 33gb download from scratch. Fantastic.

Same. Have they uploaded a new build?

Ok I just booted it after saying I wouldn't, and it ran fine (at 30FPS) except for some tearing, at 1080p, everything maxed/on. Even nVidia works stuff.

i5 3670k

16GB Ram

GTX970

However I noticed textures popping in and the AA is horrible. I feel like leaving it a while, at least until there are some patches.

I ran the benchmark and it said I hit 60fps all the way through except for a few dropped frames. Something isn't right because I got a few dropped frames there, but in the game I get tearing at an apparently 30fps lock. It should breeze the 30fps according to the benchmark. The thing looked clearer in the benchmark as well.

Overall the graphics seem to be missing effects? It doesn't add up.

Lol. Some people do flip their lids at stuff like this. Justifiably so. It is wrong and Warner Bros are total arseholes. But I like being so chilled out - I can wait till it's patched - I got lotta other shit (other games) to do

It's a stop to ask yourself if it actually looks any better than Arkham City kind of game.

Well it does, but the chromatic aberration fucking DESTROYS the image quality right out of the gate. Horrible stuff.

It's a stop to ask yourself if it actually looks any better than Arkham City kind of game.

On Xbox (!) it looks a lot better than I remember city looking on PC. Certainly the textures are of a higher quality.

I suspect the resolution is lower than the 1080p I'd have played city at, but I'm a lot further from the TV, and there's enough post processing going on that I only notice the jaggies occasionally.

So it will look better, eventually.