IGNORED

The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

45 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Would also make Clark Kent a bit more plausible if he didn't look like Rainer Wolfcastle in Undercover Nerd.

Another reason why Christopher reeve was so good, he was big but not stupidly so and he acted much more believable as Clark that it didn't seem like he was the same stature.

Henry cavill just strode about looking buff all the time, just with a shirt and some glasses. 

That's pretty impressive, and he worked on the broad shoulders and thicc chest superman is portrayed as having. As @Isaacsaid, this was in a time before everyone got jacked for their role as the norm.

I still think Brandon Routh was robbed of superman career by that lack lustre singer sequel. 

On 17/09/2021 at 16:05, IcEBuRN said:

That's pretty impressive, and he worked on the broad shoulders and thicc chest superman is portrayed as having. As @Isaacsaid, this was in a time before everyone got jacked for their role as the norm.

I still think Brandon Routh was robbed of superman career by that lack lustre singer sequel. 

He did it well on the Legends tv show. But yeah the script was (mostly) what killed any Returns sequels

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/09/2021 at 18:30, IcEBuRN said:

Yeah he did.

104crisis-3.jpg

I can’t see that other feller as superman. He looks like someone doing cosplay. 

Brandon Routh, on the other hand, was great. Unfairly treated, I feel, and deserved more. 

I’m looking forward to it but that has to be the least intimidating Batmobile ever. It jumping through the flames at the end of the trailer looks like something from a Fast and Furious movie.

1 minute ago, probotector said:

Not sure what they were thinking with the batman banging on the window and shouting scene.

He's being edgy. Who's the real crazy one, the baddie or the Batman? Original ideas.

Zoe Kravitz looks great as Catwoman. Farrell looks fantastic as The Penguin, too.

Spoiler

catwoman-bats.jpeg.866f177d29fc0931d227d27f45027665.jpeg

penguin.thumb.jpeg.1ea3a2872bcb38baa351ba6bf95b20a2.jpeg

18 minutes ago, probotector said:

Not sure what they were thinking with the batman banging on the window and shouting scene.

Agreed. It really surprised me and not in a good way. Pattinson is the only part of the film that isn't really gelling for me just yet.

I'm taking the souped up muscle car as a callback to the times in the comic the Batmobile was basically just a sports car. It's not my favourite take on it but it's not the worst either.

Which is probably what you can say about most of this so far. It looks like a good Year One style story but where all the, for want of a better way of putting it, 'skins' aren't the ones I'd choose. I like the cinematography, set design, the atmosphere it seems to have, but I don't much like the homemade style suit (even weirder when it appears to basically be entirely bullet proof), I prefer the Batmobile as a more bespoke vehicle, I prefer Batman as a slightly bulkier brutish build, I prefer the Penguin as a more 'dapper' guy, Alfred having a facial scar just feels a bit try-hard...

But set the window dressing aside and it looks decent, Reeves is a good director and the cast is on point. I'm even on board with Pattinson. He wasn't a first choice for me but I can see him as a young Wayne.

I think for me that you can see it looks decent and normally I’d be looking forward to it and I will probably enjoy it. But there’s just so much Batman stuff being pumped out that I feel it’s hard for me to get too excited for more Batman. I feel I’ve seen so many of those beats in the trailer so many times I’ve kind of become numb to them.

1 hour ago, IcEBuRN said:

And I thought the Nolan batman was edgy...

I only got around to the TDK Trilogy last year and I expected edgy gritty grimdark misery but afterwards I felt like it wasn't afraid to be silly and OTT with some of the spectacle and characterisation - it was pleasingly daft at times without doing anything ruinous.

That trailer up there feels a bit more... mainstream, somehow? Which isn't a bad thing for me. It gives me vibes of the pre-Nolan stuff, but with modern production quality.

I liked that. A lot. Pattinson looks great in the suit. Getting shot point blank and barely flinching? Bad ass. I was intrigued when the casting was announced - consider me hyped for the movie now. 

Great trailer.