IGNORED

The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

On 31/07/2017 at 23:25, Mr. Gerbik said:

I only ever saw 10 minutes of Gotham. Did they prominently feature the iconic umbrella? Might give it another try if so.

Season 1 is so so but season 2 onwards is great stuff!  Can't remember seeing his umbrella mind..

3 hours ago, Stevedave said:

OMFG that was amazing. 

Kevin Conroy could play an older Batman imo on the big screen. He's proper jacked too. 

Edit: Dubbed over the scene. 

Sorry, but the way that's been delivered sounds like a cut scene from Resident Evil or House of the Dead...

I'll blame that on the fact that Andrea Romano (whose name you'll see in the credits of all those '90s WB superhero cartoons) has just retired so isn't there to direct him.

Well, that and the fact that someone whose performance is perfectly suited to an animated character doesn't necessarily fit in a live action scene.

I'm sure they're great for the people attending in person, but those videos of voice actors reading film scripts in their cartoon characters' voices are rarely as amusing as they sound like they should be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really, at this point I'm not bothered about the casting. I'm more excited and confident about Reeves writing and directing. History has proved that you can take the most left-field casting choices for Wayne and make it work, so I'm not hung up on Affleck based on him being one of the two non-terrible things about BvS. 

At some point they'll announce the part, and the internet will fall over itself in consternation. The film will come out, whoever it is will be great and everyone will accept it.

The funny thing is, even if this movie isn't part of the DCEU right now, you just KNOW that if it happens to be huge hit that WB won't think twice about retroactively making it the core piece of the DCEU. They're just desperately trying to find anything that sticks.

• 2 months later...

New Challenger enters? 

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-batman/53435/the-batman-jake-gyllenhaal-s-name-is-now-in-the-mix

We seem to be at the stage where few people now expect Affleck to hang around in the Batman role for too much longer, and we wouldn’t stick half a jar of coffee on him headlining Matt Reeves’ upcoming standalone Batman feature, The Batman. Once mooted as project that Affleck would star in and direct, the smart money seems now – despite denials from producer Charles Roven – that the role will be recast in time for the film. We’re not citing deep insider information here, to be clear. Just there’s little sense that Affleck is likely to want to carry on.

Lots of rumours are swirling about his possible departure from the series, and the latest suggests that Jake Gyllenhaal – who auditioned when Christopher Nolan eventually cast Christian Bale as the Dark Knight – is next in line. The rumour has popped up on the John Campea Show, and one or two others – Screen Rant included – reckon that Gyllenhaal and Matt Reeves have had a meeting at least.

It’s all a little up in the air, and we suspect the future Batman won’t settle until Justice League is fully launched in cinemas. At this stage, though, we’d count it as a genuine surprise if Ben Affleck completed his planned five films in the Batsuit…

Batflek was alright in the first Superman movie thing.  He's got the calibre and the obsession down (anyone see The Accountant).  I was hoping that free of the turd festival of Synder movies, and with some of his own control, he'd turn out a pretty corking Batman.

• 1 year later...

For all the flaws of BvS:DOJ and Justice League, I actually thought Afleck was a good Bruce Wayne and Batman. I wouldn't have minded him staying on. The only problem is, he's version is tied down in the shitverse of the DCEU.

So if Afleck is stepping down and they're doing another verion of Batman do you think are they just sacking off the DCEU after WW2 and Suicide Squad 2?